Forum › Dear NOMAN discussion

I really like this manga but I don't think I can handle reading any more. This is way too heart-wrenching and I get the feeling it's only going to become even moreso.

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 8:16PM by

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

OOPS i cried.

Fb_img_1554123071250
joined Mar 2, 2020

Damn this emotion juice spillin out mah eyes!!!!!

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Bruh this made me cry

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Why chapter 10 doesn't look like the continuation of 9? Or just my reading skills?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Why chapter 10 doesn't look like the continuation of 9? Or just my reading skills?

They establish that the summer festival is before Obon, which is when they go to visit the grave.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

If we all ask nicely will we get an anime of this?

BOWN DOWN TO THE QUEEN

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I've never seen a snake Noman before. I wonder what grade it is.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Bruh this made me cry

I thought it was just my hormones. Glad wasn't the only one. Lol

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Poor little punkin. I hope the crow will help all concerned release the baggage they carry.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Obvious "twist" is obvious.

Pr3-047
joined Jul 5, 2016

I knew it, Mashiro's sister was still a "Normans" sneaking around.
But, who killed her at the cliff though, definitively not Miss Crow judged by her words.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What a surprise!

... said nobody.

What I hate about these "protagonist gets secretly manipulated into things" setups is that they are such a stock feature of manga storytelling - or storytelling in general - but the protagonists never, ever do anything about it. They just go on; fine, you lied to me, you played with my emotions, you did who-knows-what, but I'll do whatever you want anyway "because it's the right thing".
It's such a lackluster background to stories. Needs more "fuck this then" reactions.

joined Dec 5, 2018

I'm surprised I didn't guess the twist. Not really happy about it tbh, it feels very forced and very rushed. Like there should be 10 chapters in between this revelation. We literally just found out about her sister. It also feels quite darker than the stuff before it. There's just a bit of a pacing and tone issue for me right now.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm surprised I didn't guess the twist. Not really happy about it tbh, it feels very forced and very rushed. Like there should be 10 chapters in between this revelation. We literally just found out about her sister. It also feels quite darker than the stuff before it. There's just a bit of a pacing and tone issue for me right now.

Tbh, Neji never have been one to drag the story too much. Beside Beauty and the Beast, Neji's works are genrally short. I wouldn't be surprised that it end in 2 or 3 chapters.

Img_os7f7k
joined Oct 6, 2018

Ow that escalated quickly

joined Feb 24, 2019

So it would seem most of us saw the twist coming and I'm seeing many different reactions to it. While I don't love it or hate it, I do think this presents an interesting opportunity for some character growth as well as the development of the relationship between Mashiro and Bazu. I'm looking forward to where this goes since I trust Neji's talent for story telling and for how short of a series it is, I am very invested in these characters. I also hope this series is not a short one, as someone has suggested it might be. It has elements to it that I think would make for a great story that follows Mashiro through many of the earlier years of her life and career in the Society, but who knows if Neji actually has any plans for all that.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

As someone who's also really attached to their older sister this chapter kind of hurts man :(

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It has elements to it that I think would make for a great story that follows Mashiro through many of the earlier years of her life and career in the Society, but who knows if Neji actually has any plans for all that.

Press x to doubt Like i said, will be lucky to have more than 3 chapters after the reveal. Maybe 4 or even 5 with a strech but i don't see Neji streching it after the reveal to Mashiro.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Press x to doubt Like i said, will be lucky to have more than 3 chapters after the reveal. Maybe 4 or even 5 with a strech but i don't see Neji streching it after the reveal to Mashiro.

Pls, Lilliwyt, I get enough negativity from the series that are have confirmed endings.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Pls, Lilliwyt, I get enough negativity from the series that are have confirmed endings.

I mean, besides Beauty and the Beast, all others Neji's work are short. Vacation Maou was 10 chapters when it could last more. Prison Town was 12 or 13 i believe. I can see a strech at 15 or 16 here but i will be surprised to see more.

EnjoyTheNoise
Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

It has elements to it that I think would make for a great story that follows Mashiro through many of the earlier years of her life and career in the Society, but who knows if Neji actually has any plans for all that.

Yeah, after what happened in Prison Town or Vacation Maou to Pet, I don't think we will get fully satisfying closure to the plot. Still, I believe in Neji-sensei, I really like their stories, just I'm not really fond of endings.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think the Prison Town one had to be cut short because Neji was working on something else, IIRC, not sure if Vacation Maou was victim of that too. Possibly this project, or the publication of Beauty and the Beast.

I mean we all kinda saw the "twist" coming, since she could see spirits but never saw her sister, blur de blar. But it's still a painful reveal to the character, that her sister has not only been denied entry to heaven but remains on the mortal plain as a twisted predator through no fault or ill-doing of her own. I think the real twist may end up being who it was that killed her to begin with, maybe somehow Bazu was involved before she became "emploiyed".

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Huh. Her sister being a noman was predictable but I'm not against it or anything, I guess I just kinda wanna see how they go with this. It will probably bring closure to Mashiro with her guilt once they take care of it.

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Yeah, after what happened in Prison Town or Vacation Maou to Pet, I don't think we will get fully satisfying closure to the plot. Still, I believe in Neji-sensei, I really like their stories, just I'm not really fond of endings.

It will all probably come down to how popular this series is. Ultimately this is what governs how long 90% of manga get to be, particularly if the mangaka isn't some big name in the industry with at least one flagship series under their belt. I sincerely hope this manga is doing well and has a long future ahead of it since I'm quite fond of it and we need more unique yuri stories like this.

I see signs pointing in both directions. The speed of this latest plot development has me a bit worried, but at the same time seeing things like recent new characters being added to the roster is reassuring. I think Neji starts all her stories with the hope they can become long running slice of life yuri fantasies but she often has to cut them short.

If you look at the story structure of Beauty and the Beast Girl you can see Neji had also set up an early story arc that could have served as an ending involving the big reveal of their shared dark past and the confession, but since the story is popular enough she has gotten to continue past what was initially a reasonable end point if things didn't go well.

As for this chapter this was a painful reveal, but not a bad twist even if it was a tad predictable. I think that likely there will be more to this than just a simple open and shut case putting her sisters corrupted soul to rest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.