Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Any good "powerful girl x innocent/inexperienced girl" in which the former either guide/comfort or forced/rape-y the latter into sex, and seeing the latter girl's reaction to being overwhelmed by feelings she has never experienced before...
Anemone, Anemone 2 and the first sex scene in A Lesbian Elf and a Cursed Princess is about the gold standard to me, but less rapey/more loving and consensual stuffs (e.g first times) are very welcomed also!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_a_lie_is_not_told_it_cannot_become_yuri

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

This probably isn't the best place to ask this, but it was my last hope.
So. I've been reading the Maria-sama ga Miteru light novels and I just realised that some of the final volumes aren't available/fully translated on Baka-Tsuki. Is there any other translation available anywhere?

And since I'm here, I might as well add a request that would soon be coming anyway:
Any anime/manga/light novels similar to Marimite? I'm very very interested in the Class S genre, so anything that falls in that category or has at least been heavily influenced by it would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for strong platonic relationships and the type of senpai-kouhai dynamic brought on by the sœur system. BUT, anything with strong friendship bonds (even if the setting isn't similar to Marimite) is welcome. And yuri is also welcome if set in a school with a sœur system.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

And since I'm here, I might as well add a request that would soon be coming anyway:
Any anime/manga/light novels similar to Marimite? I'm very very interested in the Class S genre, so anything that falls in that category or has at least been heavily influenced by it would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for strong platonic relationships and the type of senpai-kouhai dynamic brought on by the sœur system. BUT, anything with strong friendship bonds (even if the setting isn't similar to Marimite) is welcome. And yuri is also welcome if set in a school with a sœur system.

Asking for platonic friendships in a yuri recommendation thread almost feels disrespectful to the long and hard journey the genre took to dig itself out of the Class-S cesspool. But alas, dfifferent folks, different strokes. If the theme is strong "platonic" relationships then I suppose according to the author at least https://dynasty-scans.com/series/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru will be to your liking.

Though I cannot offer an exact copy of the sœur system, I have recently played through the 3 translated Flowers games on Steam (I do not know if links are allowed, but you could search for the developers "Innocent Grey").
They are visual novels that center around the relationships between girls at an Christian all-girls boarding school in Japan. In that school they have an "amitié" system, which is basically the sœur thing except for girls of the same year. More or less a friendship like bond that turns the girls into platonic partners for their entire school time.
Sorry if this may disappoint, but it is entirely explicitly Yuri. Nontheless the setting and tropes are very strongly inspired by the old Class-S era of Yuri (which it thankfully subverts).

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 1:32AM

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Asking for platonic friendships in a yuri recommendation thread almost feels disrespectful to the long and hard journey the genre took to dig itself out of the Class-S cesspool.

I kinda get what you mean, but I doubt I'd ever find a Class S recommendation thread lol
My interest in Class S actually started because of its heavy hold on yuri. I find it quite intriguing to explore the history of the genre itself, and —though at times it can be awfully frustrating— I'm interested in seeing how female relationships were viewed.

But I can't deny that I also quite enjoyed reading about platonic relationships. I've read so much yuri for the past couple of years that I seriously need something different sometimes lol

If the theme is strong "platonic" relationships then I suppose according to the author at least https://dynasty-scans.com/series/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru will be to your liking.

(lol at that comment)
Unfortunately, I've already read this one, but you were right in guessing that I would like it

I guess I may try the visual novel you recommended. I don't mind that it's yuri, since it has a setting so similar to what I described. Besides, having the same tropes subverted will be interesting to seeing how yuri works have evolved, it'll be fun to compare it to Marimite.

Thanks for all your recommendations!

joined Jan 4, 2022

Hi ^_^
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any manga or oneshots with a senpai-kouhai relationship(eg. Bloom into you). I don't mind SFW or NSFW :)

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Hi ^_^
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any manga or oneshots with a senpai-kouhai relationship(eg. Bloom into you). I don't mind SFW or NSFW :)

My favorite is A Love Letter For The Marching Puppy. It combines traditional yuri ideas about a senpai mentoring a kouhai with the harsh stakes of military life, but without sacrificing cute moments.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I came across Maple Love and was reminded of an old request OrangePekoe had made ages ago:

I really want to read more yuri manga with girls with wavy hair, like Kawaruokoto, Mizuno & Chayama, or Witch Meets Knight. Thanks!

So if you're still interested in girls with wavy hair, there you go

joined Oct 22, 2021

Searching for best fan-doujinshi. I've read pretty much everything in Love Live, but searching for other pairings that have good stories.

I especially enjoy adult life, and annggssttt with happy endings!

joined Jan 19, 2022

What is your guilty pleasure yuri manga?

10cc1313-e1cb-4f64-83b4-d1390d1d0652
joined Jan 20, 2022

hey everyone! does anyone know of any yuri manga that has a plot wherein Girl A confesses to Girl B, only to get rejected by her at first since Girl B doesn't realize she actually likes her back too, and they eventually get together in the end? this is super specific but it's been running through my mind since reading straight girl trap lol.

and any yuri recommendations that have angst with a happy ending are welcome too!

127114279_3816540571698772_5378195474433148787_n
joined Oct 17, 2021

I require assistance. I'm on my gay bitches withdrawal and I need something cute, preferably dumb couples, tsunderes, being-found-out-while-making-out cliche, and a little bit of handholding, pardon my language. Ah also not Chinese for disclosed reasons.

TL;DR: any light-hearted cute yuri recommendations pls.

joined Sep 16, 2014

hey everyone! does anyone know of any yuri manga that has a plot wherein Girl A confesses to Girl B, only to get rejected by her at first since Girl B doesn't realize she actually likes her back too, and they eventually get together in the end? this is super specific but it's been running through my mind since reading straight girl trap lol.

and any yuri recommendations that have angst with a happy ending are welcome too!

Try "Straight girl trap". It's on mangadex. Chinese manhwa, adult life, coworkers.

joined Sep 16, 2014

Recs with one girl being sorta yandere. Maybe a 'yandere lite' or a 'harmless yandere' type. And the other girl being sorta oblivious about it.
I know i read some here before but i cant remember the title/s.
An exanple at the top of my head would be kotori/umi stories that were inspired from 'no exit orion'.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Try "Straight girl trap". It's on mangadex. Chinese manhwa, adult life, coworkers.

What happened here...? Lol

Anyway, I've got one that I think fits your request, @homuranesoberi
It's Sheep And Ice Cream. Unfortunately it's only a two-shot, so if you were looking for a series, sorry to disappoint.
Here's the Former Part and the Latter Part

Personally, the one I liked best from that anthology was I Don't Care About the Music. It's not related the whole confessing/rejecting/getting together thing, but I'd recommend checking it out since you like angst. The tags are pretty self-explanatory, for anyone else who might be interested as well.
Edit: I just saw that I Don't Care About the Music has a second part as well (which I had forgotten about), so you can check it out, if you like the first one.

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 1:20PM

Screenshot%202022-01-09%20112702
joined Jan 20, 2022

So..I liked WDTFS and Moonlight Garden. What now? xD

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Recs with one girl being sorta yandere. Maybe a 'yandere lite' or a 'harmless yandere' type. And the other girl being sorta oblivious about it.
I know i read some here before but i cant remember the title/s.
An exanple at the top of my head would be kotori/umi stories that were inspired from 'no exit orion'.

That's kinda the relationship between Yui and Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri.

joined Sep 16, 2014

What happened here...? Lol

Whoops wasnt wearing my glasses when i read this. My bad man.

joined Sep 16, 2014

That's kinda the relationship between Yui and Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri.

Oh yeah that kinda fits. But also i think yui kinda knows but chooses to ignore it.

Perhaps what im looking for is sorta an "ara ara" type of yandere lite? I dont even know what i mean, lol.

Any sort of recs would be appreciated ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.