Forum › Posts by Speechless

Speechless
joined Sep 25, 2019

What do you mean by "heading in that direction" ?

Either's fine, but tending towards the latter, I think? I think the term I'm looking for is "surprise Yuri". Just something where there is no label saying, "This is Yuri", but where you still feel it might end up having canon lesbians as the main couple.

At given points in the past, I might've said She-ra or Supergirl or Sleepless Domain or Akanesasu Shoujo, but those have all gone one way or the other by now.

I'm also still holding out faith for Fate/Kaleid, but that's probably just wistful thinking at this point

If it's the first, there is [Finding Wonderland] (https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/finding-wonderland/list?titleno=2704&page=1&webtoon-platform-redirect=true)_ on Webtoon.

Already reading it, but this exactly! Absolutely agree on the art / chemistry and I'm interested to see what exactly the big picture plan is with The Ace trope.

Speechless
joined Sep 25, 2019

Any recommendations for ongoing manga / tv / comics / whatever that aren't labeled Yuri / GL but which give a good vibe and seem to be heading in that direction?

Speechless
joined Sep 25, 2019

Sounds like Dai Shin You by Oshima Towa.

Dynasty has the mangaka, the pixiv linked on the author page has the characters from Dai Shin You, but not the manga.

Speechless
Image Comments 08 May 22:33
joined Sep 25, 2019
Ez474j6ucaa2i0y-orig

^Eh, Vtuber stuff is weird. I don't even know if they can portray a "screen-only" relationship at this point, especially considering all the gay jokes flying around, so the comparison to VA's is maybe a little off. Even without that, the whole dynamic means that most of the yuri stuff is almost inherently yuribait (with the obvious "real life" exceptions) and yuri fans are still split on that. No surprise, then, that someone would struggle to ship takamori when they are explicitly not one of the "real life" exceptions.

last edited at May 8, 2021 10:36PM