Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Any good enemies to lovers yuri? Or yuri where someone is not interested at first and then they are

There's quite a few good Korean titles that aren't on Dynasty. My personal favorite is Moonlight Garden, followed by Getting to Know Grace. Both are very complex, character driven titles with strong power imbalances between the love interests. Darker is White Angels Have No Wings, featuring a relationship built on blackmail. Only the full first volume is on Dynasty, but if you haven't heard of it, Netsuzou Trap is a very well written in my opinion but dark and arguably exploitative story that features a lot of conflict between the love interests even if they're not strictly enemies.

For some more benign dislike/disinterest, My Princess Charming has one-sided feelings for most of its run. So do Sasameki Koto and I'm In Love With The Villainess, both Japanese titles on Dynasty, though mind the transphobic subplot in Sasameki Koto. Accept My Fist of Love! is technically enemies to lovers as they were former gang rivals, but is very light in tone. Another great Japanese benign enemies to lovers title not on Dynasty is Yuri Is My Job, which gets much more complicated than its premise implies. My favorite overall though is Still Sick, filled with realistic conflict between two mentally ill people.

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Reading the lastest Sora x Haena afterstory has me wanting more Tsundere x Tsundere romance. Anyone have a good series or oneshot they like?

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 11:51PM

joined May 26, 2021

Any good "powerful girl x innocent girl" rape-y stuffs? Anemone is just about the gold standard to me personally

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

I have found that despite an overwhelming amount of adult yuri with bisexual leads, there is almost no content with single mothers getting into new relationships with a woman. Children in yuri are not particularily rare, but it tends to happen in more fantastical series or becomes a result of adoption. I find it puzzling that such a common real life theme as single mothers finding new love is so underrepresented.

So I ask: Can you think of yuri that revolves around a mother getting into a lesbian relationship? (preferably not the type that only exists for two existing daughters to get into pseudo-incest through this method)

Ohana Holoholo

Beware, it's very angsty and dramatic to perhaps a frustrating degree. Still, not bad and I like the art a lot.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Does anyone know of any mature (and I mean women who are 50+) stories not on Dynasty Scans? I've exhausted what little is here. What I'm aware of so far is Her by Tomoko Yamashita.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

yuri with a fair share of yaoi?

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 7:01AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have found that despite an overwhelming amount of adult yuri with bisexual leads, there is almost no content with single mothers getting into new relationships with a woman. Children in yuri are not particularily rare, but it tends to happen in more fantastical series or becomes a result of adoption. I find it puzzling that such a common real life theme as single mothers finding new love is so underrepresented.

So I ask: Can you think of yuri that revolves around a mother getting into a lesbian relationship? (preferably not the type that only exists for two existing daughters to get into pseudo-incest through this method)

Ohana Holoholo

Beware, it's very angsty and dramatic to perhaps a frustrating degree. Still, not bad and I like the art a lot.

Sorry, a little late to the party, but:
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Up and Down

There's one other I can think of ... Will add if I come across it. Never mind. It was Ikenai Hito which, as already mentioned, is no longer on the site. :-(

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:51AM

OrangePekoe Staff
Screenshot_1244
joined Mar 20, 2013

Looking for city girl x country girl yuri. Oneshot or series, doesn't really matter. Thanks!

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Perhaps I had been hasty in declaring this theme to be rare. Although it seems that most works of the kind are somewhat older. It could be that the topic has fallen out of interest in recent years instead of being unexplored.

The Girl’s Magic Flute and The Day the Cherryfruit Ripens

The Female Body

I expected that Age Gap stories would be the most common when I requested this, as it is a staple for yuri involving a mature partner to involve a younger partner as a contrast. In that sense the first one falls in line with that, but "The Female Body" was definitely closer to what I seek. It was quite nice. Thank you very much.

Ohana Holoholo

I confess that I could not bring myself to read more than two chapters. The premise is simply a bit too much for me. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Sorry, a little late to the party, but:
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Up and Down

....shrimp mayo? Could it be? I had nearly forgotten about this one. It was one of the first yuri manga I had ever read.... and it was already considered old at that point. To finally see it again after so long is beyond nostalgic for me.
Now that I am so deeply involved with the genre I can truly see how much it is marked by its era. The approach to yuri back then was so different. I love it so much and yet I feel it was constricted by circumstance.

It may not exactly have been what I was asking for, but this may well be the luckiest outcome. I'm grateful.

joined May 26, 2021

Any good "powerful girl x innocent/inexperienced girl" in which the former either guide/comfort or forced/rape-y the latter into sex, and seeing the latter girl's reaction to being overwhelmed by feelings she has never experienced before...
Anemone, Anemone 2 and the first sex scene in A Lesbian Elf and a Cursed Princess is about the gold standard to me, but less rapey/more loving and consensual stuffs (e.g first times) are very welcomed also!

To reply you must either login or sign up.