Forum › Posts by princeinquisitor

princeinquisitor
Image Comments 25 May 07:49
joined Oct 28, 2014
E2c2iiwuuaai6tw-orig

If the author didn't draw pedo hentai this would have been slightly readable.

Quite the opposite, all those years working for the Comic LO made him a master of eroticism and drawing, heck, even his first yuri-ish contents were on that magazine, so that magazine was the perfect growing up place for him.

princeinquisitor
VAMPEERZ discussion 17 Apr 07:44
joined Oct 28, 2014

Hello, Westerners. Finally we have signed the translation request for the English, German and Italian editions of VAMPEERZ. Thank you for your support

#ヴァンピアーズ #vampeerz #百合 #百合漫画

https://twitter.com/akilim85000/status/1251028567783137280?s=09

The German publisher is Egmont and the first volume is scheduled for December. The English and Italian publishers are still unknown.

https://twitter.com/EgmontMANGA/status/1250746958681198593?s=09

Also, the June issue of the Monthly Sunday Gene-X (coming out May 19) will feature Vampeerz on the cover and the leading color pages, plus:

"Separate photo book appendix!
[Vampeerz ] SPECIAL PHOTO BOOK
Amatsu-sama x Arikamiu.
Two popular models completely reproduce the world of Vampeerz!"

https://sundaygx.com/jigou/index.html

princeinquisitor
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Dec 11:04
joined Oct 28, 2014

For all the people asking for the RAWs then this link will help: https://archiveofsins.com/_/search/text/vampeerz%20mega/
This manga is published on the monthly seinen manga magazine Sunday GX, release every month on the 19th, with the digital version coming out at 00:00 (Japan Time) and the raw and translation are out normally within the first 24 hours, though sometimes they may take one day more.

princeinquisitor
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Aug 06:30
joined Oct 28, 2014

A correction.
Higashiyama Shou still does use his main name when working as an illustrator on non-H works, for example, on a novel published a month before the publication of the last volume of Stretch and on a novel published some months ago.
He started using the name Akili because he needed a pseudonym to publish Stretch after the Prism debacle and after the sucess of Stretch then the name Akili stuck around with his works published by Shogakukan.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

The author's new Twitter account is: akilim85000
He has also created an Instagram account: aklkwl

Both of those new accounts are only related to his works published on Shogakukan under the Akili pseudonym like Stretch and Vampeerz.

His old Twitter account has been empty and abandoned since some years ago. His blog is still the same but it is only related to his works published under the name Higashiyama Shou.

princeinquisitor
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Apr 15:38
joined Oct 28, 2014

Nya-chan

Stretch followed the same trope as Dragon Ball, that is, start with simple and basic idea, search the Dragon Balls/stretching and then those two series got so popular that their readers wanted more and more so their respectives mangakas did their best to expand their respectives series, but that comes with the price that the original idea becomes a seldom seen decoration on the new expanded story of battle manga/dramatic manga.
Yawaspi works pitching a series, if the first volume of a series sells well then the series gets greenlit to continue with its publication, one good example besides Stretch is Yuzumori-san, because it was originally intended for only a volume but the reception was so good that a total of five volumes were published. So both Ejima Eri and Higashiyama Shou have in common that they are 100 meters sprinters, no Marathon sprinters, so they do not publish series that last longer than a few volumes, so I do not expect Vampeerz going beyond the fifth volume even if it sells pretty well.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

^ Yeah I saw this, I'm so happy. I hope everything dont turn into weird het

My only problem with that series is that is being published on the physical magazine Monthly Sunday GX, not on the website Yawaraka Spirits like Stretch, so if you want to translate that series then you need to buy every magazine each month or to wait for the tankobon releases, meanwhile with Stretch it was only matter of to visit the website of Yawaraka Spirits, open the new chapter, right click to "Save as" each page and then all done, all of this without needing to pay or wait or register or log in, the only things that were not so easy to get were the exclusive extras of the volumes, but that is a given from an online series, on some way they need to motivate the people to buy the volumes and not only read the free published chapters, so they get the money back.

The series is described on Sunday GX as two girls love story and the writer on Yurinavi talked very nicely, talking things like it is nostalgic to read a new series by Akili after three years or that the art is beautiful or that the series being officially described as a love story speaks nicely about its future development.

So with all of this I think this series will be closer to Prism than to Stretch, the only thing here I would be wary it is about this series being axed, because that magazine is a seinen magazine, not a yuri or moe magazine. Also, I wonder if I could bait someone on /u/ to translate this series now that we have got the first chapter free and online.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

New yuri series by Higashiyama Show aka Akili.
http://yurinavi.com/2019/03/22/vampeers-start/

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 19 Apr 17:08
joined Oct 28, 2014

It's over 4000!

But seriously, there are still untranslated extras in the fourth volume, ie, the short color at the start of volume and special pages on stretching. On the other hand I'm relieved to see that at least my scans served as a basis for translating the epilogue, of which I am very grateful to the person who did that, but at the same time I am worried that Boon has not done that in almost four months, for now we can only wait and see if he responds to a comment someone made on his blog about the missing translations.

On the other hand if someone asks what happened to Shou in these last months, then I take the opportunity and make an update about it. In Yawaspi there has been no news about Shou since December, ie there has not been any announcement about a new series of Shou, so the only thing left is to wait. Moreover, Shou returned to Comic LO this month after an absence of one year and 10 months with the publication of the second chapter of Implicity and according to an entry on his blog it seems that he does not want the next chapter suffers from a similar delay. So seeing all this makes me think that Shou wants first finish Implicity before proceeding with a new series in Yawaspi, although this is only a theory on my part.

And about the end, I'm glad to see that Ran Saeki and Keiko Komatsu are friends or better said super amigas, although I do not deny that I would have liked a romantic ending, but not bother me as much as for a tantrum, which is the sensation that gives me more of a comment on this site. On the other hand I do not think anyone has forced Shou to do X or Y thing or that person has forbidden the yuri or romance, I just see it as the author simply wanted to tell a story of a friendship between two girls , besides that we must remember that after all that Stretch is simply a series of two girls stretching and living together in an apartment, nothing more and at no time was mentioned yuri or romance.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 17 Jan 22:24
joined Oct 28, 2014

Don't want to sound impatient, but is there any news regarding the translation of the Volume 4 extras?

I wrote a comment on the blog but has not been answered, it seems to have been ignored by accident. I will write a new comment to see what happens.

Edit:

Boon replied:

"Ah, sorry for not replying straight away. I'd seen your comment and downloaded your scans too. Thank you for scanning the pages. I have yet to check if I can clean/process them in a way that they look presentable.

It might take a while though as I've been very busy with work and other projects. Sorry for that."

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 3:33PM

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 06 Jan 15:51
joined Oct 28, 2014

I agree with the previous two, Shou is not revenge on anyone, that's just the way he decided to finish Stretch, but it seems that it is customary in this forum crucifying an author for not giving what people wanted.

Now a few facts.

First of all, at no time I was mentioned officially that this series was yuri or Girls Love or nothing like that, simply described as a series that was about stretching and two girls living together, nothing more.

Second, Yawaspy is simply a seinen magazine and I know so far they have never published yuri or something like that. Prism on the other hand was published in Tsubomi, a magazine dedicated to yuri

Third, the way Shou ended Stretch is nothing new. In Gift, the first series of Shou, the main couple is separated at the end because the girl went to study abroad, besides that both series have similar style epilogues.

Fourth, if someone followed the rankings of the series in Yawaspy you may have noticed that most of the time Stretch occupied the first place and this implies that the series was well received.

Fifth, so I can understand it seems that the end of Stretch was received in a good way, based on the comments section of Stretch in Yawaspy or in some reviews.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 29 Dec 12:38
joined Oct 28, 2014

The following file are scans of the relevant parts of the fourth volume. Forgive the quality of scans, but it's my first time doing this kind of activity.

https://mega.nz/#!g0BxRR6Y!nxnquODT2GcPPnXHJ2FG0bGLolOFSiQ8l5PLwnrUR90

Technical details.

All pages were scanned color photo mode at 600 DPI and low compression JPEG, besides that the images have not been processed or manipulated. The scanner used was a HP Deskjet 2540.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 28 Dec 23:32
joined Oct 28, 2014

At present I have in my hand the fourth volume, also I have a scanner, then I'll see how I can do the scans.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 26 Dec 11:46
joined Oct 28, 2014

The character on the cover looks like Ran, and for that matter, the Ran-like character looks like she ate every piece of meat in the yakiniku-ya + the Keiko-looking characyer looks pretty cool. that stoic looking stare just oozes "i'm the shit, so ya better watch yer back!"

Shou is an obvious victim of the syndrome of only six faces, still love his style of drawing and the illustrations in this light novel is no exception. By the way, could you do me a favor and buy this book ?, my card for some reason do not want to get along with Amazon Japan, if you want I can pay you back by Paypal.

News:

-The first:

Shou recently wrote a new comment on Stretch, below the translation courtesy of Boon:

"The last volume of Stretch has been finally released!
I had to structure it a little differently than the previous ones and there was a lot to consider,
but the extra-work strengthened my emotional attachment to the characters,
and I had a hard time carrying out the finishing touches since I didn't want it to end.

As usual, there is an original chapter at the beginning, and this time, at the end too.
Please read it when you feel like it.

Well then, let us meet again sometime someplace.

Thank you for reading Stretch"

-The second:

In the following link you can see the color chapter of the fourth volume: http://sample.shogakukan.co.jp/bv?isbn=9784091874160

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 17 Dec 06:35
joined Oct 28, 2014

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

Yuri stuff, stretches or nothing really relevant?

Well, in one panel of "Question" Ran is feeding Keiko.

The titles for the 4-Komas are:
Wish, Good morning, Chastisement, Single Life 1, Single Life 2, Dream, Osaka, Question, WOMANCE

I used Google Translate to translated them all but WOMANCE. That was it written that way.

Thank you very much for the information, I knew that the epilogue is nine yonkomas in 5 pages, but did not know its contents.

My question then would be whether this book also has a chapter color like the previous volumes?

The other question is, could you do us the favor to scan the most important parts of the volume, particularly the epilogue? Jnko has done this work with previous volumes, but do not know if she intend to do the same with this volume.

As a side note.

Higashiyama Shou was commissioned to illustrate a light novel, which was published on November 21 and it seems that the second part will be published this December. The problem is that this novel is an exclusive of the Kindle Store of Amazon Japan and I could not make the purchase because of a problem I could not solve.

If someone wants to take a look, here is the link to the page of the light novel: https://genron-tomonokai.com/eb/dischronia/

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0189Q2CDO

As curious notes.

This work was signed as Higashiyama Shou, but so far has not made mention of it in his personal blog. It seems that this is the first time that Shou is working as an illustrator for a light novel. Furthermore Show has been a longtime collaborator with Genron, before he has been commissioned to design the mascot of the publisher and illustrate and design the covers of some of their magazines, but this is the first time he makes a work of this scale with this editorial.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 08 Dec 06:04
joined Oct 28, 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVnIpGqUEAAb4yO.jpg

One can say that this is a black-haired version of Ran dressed as mangaka, although not the first time this character design is recycled by Shou.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 01 Dec 08:55
joined Oct 28, 2014

Very good news, the cover of the fourth volume is now available and frankly I must say it is beautiful.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVIhlxeUYAEcRbZ.jpg

It will be a good omen?

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 19 Nov 15:03
joined Oct 28, 2014

Well, I'd love to see a sequel, but preferably without much torture as before, xd.

By my count between Chapter 33 and 45 there are 116 pages and the volume will have 152 pages, so there is a difference of 36 pages, so one can say that he fulfilled the promise that the fourth volume will have more extra material than normal .

By the way, do not think the epilogue will be extremely long, I would say it will be similar to Chapter 45, about 14 pages, and we also have to consider other extras as the 8 color pages at the beginning, the pages with information about stretching appearing between one chapter and another, as this has been the structure of volumes so far.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 19 Nov 12:12
joined Oct 28, 2014

When's the tank out again?

The fourth volume will be published on 11 December.

Amazon Japan

CDJapan

According to the product description, the fourth volume will contain an epilogue and consist of 152 pages.

What I find strange is that still no information about the fourth volume in Yawaspi, while the other series behavior is the opposite, well, it seems they like to hurt their fans with the hype.

What if I urge all users of this site is to buy the fourth volume, because best sales equals greater possibilities of a sequel, so we have to make the volume sold like hotcakes.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 22 Oct 15:25
joined Oct 28, 2014

I would be more than enough to see these two girls living together again regardless of the type relationship, but anyway I would like even more of them as a married couple, well, dreaming is free.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 22 Oct 14:35
joined Oct 28, 2014

And I will be baited again

Something like this?

Dynasty

Yes, I can imagine people in this place again demanding the head of Shou because of their horrible crimes against yuri, manga and good writing and meanwhile I will defend him.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 22 Oct 04:28
joined Oct 28, 2014

Very good news, the fourth volume will be published on 11 December.

Amazon Japan

According to the product description, the fourth volume will contain an epilogue and consist of 152 pages.

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 12:57PM

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 15 Oct 04:59
joined Oct 28, 2014

This final has really hurt me, but could have been much worse, so I could say it's acceptable. Like many here, I wanted a final "yuri", but it was not bad, because there were no broken hearts and they remained on good terms with the door open for a possible reunion in the future, so I think that's enough although not entirely satisfactory or desirable for me.

Well, I think it reflects reality just fine. Really, how many times do we get a happy ending in real life? Plus.. this "rushed goodbyes" happen a lot on a daily basis, life IS that fast, even more so when you have to work and do adult stuff like Ran and Keiko.

Don't get me wrong, i would have loved a yuri ending, but i'm totally okay with this last chapter, it fits the story just fine.

Very true, that's life and you can not run away from that and this is something that these girls have experienced.

Now talking about another subject. Hopefully this series received a sequel in Yawaspi, as this would facilitate translations as before. Now on the subject of where to publish the sequel, I see no problem in that Yawaspi publish a yuri series, I think they have a pretty wide range of series, so why not try with his first yuri?, well, as long as Shou decide to do so. Besides considering that Stretch was the queen of the scores on that page, it would not be surprising that publishers want to continue with that situation and I assume the same applies to Shou, if their work was well received, so why not continue publishing at the same place?

What is certain is that I will buy the fourth volume with faster shipping method available, as it looks to be very interesting with more extra material than usual.

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 19 Sep 15:31
joined Oct 28, 2014

The publication date of the next chapter has been moved to October 1, hopefully this means that Chapter 44 will be the end of the volume, but not the series, since it seems that this idea is deeply rooted in Yawaspi, xd

princeinquisitor
Stretch discussion 29 Aug 15:05
joined Oct 28, 2014

Yes, I have all the volumes and the structure is as follows:

Volume 1: Chapters 1 to 11.

Volume 2: Chapters 12 to 22. Chapters 22A and 22B are fused as Chapter 22.

Volume 3: Chapters 23 to 32. Chapters 27A and 27B are fused as Chapter 27 and 32A and 32B are fused as 32.

All volumes have a short chapter on color at the beginning, but have no title.

So far there is no indication which will be the last chapter of the fourth volume.