joined Feb 23, 2016

woah something cute from Naoko
that's ultra rare

I know right!? Did she hit her head or something? XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

woah something cute from Naoko
that's ultra rare

I know right!? Did she hit her head or something? XD

Maybe she just felt like doing something completely different for a change of pace...?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

People are unfair to Kodama Naoko. She likes soap opera-like plots, torturing her characters, or some of her characters are purposely dis-likable, okay.

But most of her works (if not all?) end up with the yuri couple in a relationship. That it's not necessarily a healthy one isn't your problem.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was super sweet!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So a helpless teacher falls in love with a assertive (and bully) student.
I'm sorry but i just can't not remember Takako and Runa from Petals

I loved that pairing :) And there is a lot of similarity! (Though I wouldnt call either a bully - they are just strong willed / assertive/ confident young girls with pushover / passive type teachers).

joined Jul 26, 2016

So a helpless teacher falls in love with a assertive (and bully) student.
I'm sorry but i just can't not remember Takako and Runa from Petals

I loved that pairing :) And there is a lot of similarity! (Though I wouldnt call either a bully - they are just strong willed / assertive/ confident young girls with pushover / passive type teachers).

I'm getting the vibe that Misaki keeps prodding Aizawa-sensei primarily because she's frankly a bit annoyed by her painfully obvious dishonesty with her own feelings. Not like it takes much of a push to send those rickety facades tumbling down ofc.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

People are unfair to Kodama Naoko. She likes soap opera-like plots, torturing her characters, or some of her characters are purposely dis-likable, okay.

But most of her works (if not all?) end up with the yuri couple in a relationship. That it's not necessarily a healthy one isn't your problem.

It's also not our problem that the characters are dislikable. Or that they don't end up together. Or that a story is badly written or executed. Do you even need to read a story if you can't care about its aspects anymore?

You know that is a terrible argument.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Awwww she's sO FUCKING CUUUUTE!!!

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

It's like reverse EnamiEiko.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

She also has done cute stuff before. The one with the mangaka and the editor is pretty cute. But i think that she does the toxic relationships quite so often that people forgot that she's capable of doing cute stuff from time to time.

joined May 24, 2014

This reminds me of Runa and takako

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

People act like all this author writes is angst, cheating and ntr. I love their range like how they can create so much drama then create a lot of fluff. Seriously Naoko is one if my favourite artists.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

People act like all this author writes is angst, cheating and ntr. I love their range like how they can create so much drama then create a lot of fluff. Seriously Naoko is one if my favourite artists.

IKR, Naoko is a big fav of mine too. I had fun reading all those surprised comments from people claiming it can't be Naoko's work if it's cute and fluffy, haha. Naoko has wide-ranging tastes, and she can work well with any set of tropes -- as long as she feels like it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

It's also not our problem that the characters are dislikable. Or that they don't end up together. Or that a story is badly written or executed. Do you even need to read a story if you can't care about its aspects anymore?

Good thing all of those are facts and not opinions.

They end up together in most of her works. I enjoyed quite a bit of her works. I appreciated that she is capable of drawing something different than everyone else, giving us some variety. You don't need to like it, but there are plenty people who do. Also she is more than capable of drawing cute, fluffy stories. She just usually prefer writing about trash people, since it's her fetish.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Whoa. Whoa.

This is the Kodama Naoko I loved.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Good thing all of those are facts and not opinions.

They end up together in most of her works. I enjoyed quite a bit of her works. I appreciated that she is capable of drawing something different than everyone else, giving us some variety. You don't need to like it, but there are plenty people who do. Also she is more than capable of drawing cute, fluffy stories. She just usually prefer writing about trash people, since it's her fetish.

I was just giving examples of how far you can take that nonsensical argument. I didn't actually think all her characters are dislikable or badly written. The phrase "it's none of your concern/not your problem" is just really bad in this context.

I don't like her fetish, but I think that's the normal stance here. I'll always gladly read her conventional works.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 6:49PM

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

wow, there's a cute moment there (。・ω・。)

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Kodama can makes cute things of course

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Cute comic. Well worth the time I spent reading it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Kodama Naoko... long sigh... She's one of the more controversial mangaka, IMO. I have very mixed opinions on her and her works... This one, I must confess, felt surprisingly cute.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Kodama can make cute things of course

Kodama can make anything.

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

We demand a sequel! the teacher is adorable and literally just my type lol

joined Feb 28, 2017

God Naoko can do cute stuff! Such nice art, I hope we get more.

joined Mar 3, 2017

When it comes to age gap yuri, top student x bottom teacher really is the best.

To reply you must either login or sign up.