Forum › On the Promised Night discussion

joined Nov 27, 2017

Wow, that jumped to, "Let's have a kid." Way to fast. They were still in the middle of fucking... For the first time. Also there are two of y'all with wombs so why was this magical infertility even remotely relevant.

There was absolutely some hot stuff, but the writing is... Not so great. I kinda love the premise though; two lady knights in love is a delightful idea.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 1:45AM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

So there was a science babies publication? We need more!

Also, I like this. They were able to carry out their love without any issue, so that's all nice.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God, this was really wonderful
Their conversation felt really natural and I like how they both work through their issues
Nothing felt forced and they were both on equal footing
Plus science babies so you gotta give it props for that.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

magic babies

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this one makes me wish it was a series, or longer, cause I feel like a slightly longer build up to the relationship would have been nice and it seemed kind of interesting with knights and such.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Wow, that jumped to, "Let's have a kid." Way to fast. They were still in the middle of fucking... For the first time. Also there are two of y'all with wombs so why was this magical infertility even remotely relevant.

There was absolutely some hot stuff, but the writing is... Not so great. I kinda love the premise though; two lady knights in love is a delightful idea.

One of them said she suffered a battlefield injury that prevented her from having kids, hence the other partner stepped up to the task. Think of it as an involuntary hysterectomy done on one of them (ok, I forgot her name... nobody said there’s going to be a quiz afterwards).

joined Sep 6, 2018

It’s interesting how one lady was raised to fulfill a man’s role in the family due to lack of male heirs. This has happened in the past very rarely, although I don’t recall which cultures allowed this to happen.

The manga is good, although with the amount of dialogue in this, I thought this would be the start of a series... and a good start it could have been.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The list of tags is very curious by itself...

Still, I'm amazed at the amount of plothole-filled info dumps they could fit into just 20 pages.

549487_1
joined May 10, 2018

magic babies

I thought that too lol

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 2:54AM

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

at the end, i was left with the thought of terrible family planning...

good art and i got so excited when i saw swords?! like yes beautiful ladies with swords, SATIA LOOKED SO AMAZING??? could have not escalated so quickly tho hahahahaha

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It looks like Mira's work.

joined Jun 30, 2015

at the end, i was left with the thought of terrible family planning...

Almost every Hentai has terrible family planning

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

She rattled down that exposition faster than she got preggars (with breasts in her mouth no less!). What a wild ride.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 6:17AM

Derp%20gal
joined Jan 19, 2019

That tag scare the crap out of me.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 7:00AM

joined Jan 5, 2018

This was great loved it

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

It's cute but the baby part was kinda weird. So basically Meiyu was already engaged and was in love with her fiancee in which she thought said fiancee is a male and yet she conveniently knows a lesbian pregnancy magic despite not having any reason to learn it since she thought her fiancee is male. And this is by the way ignoring the fact that Satia was cursed to not be able to carry babies, supposedly regardless of which gender is the one that impregnates considering they didn't mention it.
This story would probably be better as a 2-shot with the first part being this one minus the baby and the second have Satia mentioning something about wanting babies and THEN Meiyu learns the lesbian pregnancy magic, maybe along with a curse dispelling magic.

But whatever, something something nothing can stop the power of yuri love and stuff I guess

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

The Anilingus was nice, few yuri doujins have it.

joined Nov 27, 2017

One of them said she suffered a battlefield injury that prevented her from having kids, hence the other partner stepped up to the task. Think of it as an involuntary hysterectomy done on one of them (ok, I forgot her name... nobody said there’s going to be a quiz afterwards).

Uhm, you misunderstood what's going on here. Satia mentioned being infertile and it was framed as an issue that needed resolution (and was promptly resolved by "magic" which is weak but I don't necessarily mind it) which is patently absurd since this is a lesbian relationship being depicted. Whether or not Satia can bear a child has absolutely no effect on whether they as a couple can have one, since there's still a functional womb between them.

Her infertility didn't need to be resolved and it would've been more impactful if Meiyu offered to bear a child for her through this magic and it didn't just deus ex machina away the entire issue. But for whatever reasons Satia had to be the one to carry the child? Which is especially weird because she was the one who seemed more enthusiastic about knighthood, while Meiyu wanted to be able to make a decision about her own life and break from the knighthood being forced on her. It'd make the bit at the end about choosing to return to the knighthood after the child was born be reclaiming that life path on Meiyu's own terms rather than just be a statement about Satia's enthusiasm for fighting

This framework could've been used to tell a story of actual impact with even just a small change like that, and I think that's what frustrates me most here.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 11:08AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

From reading the tags alone

AnalScience BabiesYuri

I have several questions

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Okaaaay this was surprising cute, if I have in mind others I read of the same magazine...

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

From reading the tags alone

AnalScience BabiesYuri

I have several questions

It's better not to know...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

what a fun ride this was wow

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Page 8: Zero to rape in 1.3 seconds flat!

Those tags! It was a pretty good story all things considered...

joined Jun 21, 2018

God, this was really wonderful
Their conversation felt really natural and I like how they both work through their issues
Nothing felt forced and they were both on equal footing
Plus science babies so you gotta give it props for that.
(https://i.postimg.cc/pWSCrVKW/x6.png)

She didn't know her partner was a girl or that she could no longer give birth, but happened to know magic for same-sex couples to give birth. Convenient?

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 11:04PM by Nezchan

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

girl who has done extensive research with regard to getting another girl pregnant: “But we’re both girls!”

me: (looking at camera)

To reply you must either login or sign up.