Forum › On the Promised Night discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God, this was really wonderful
Their conversation felt really natural and I like how they both work through their issues
Nothing felt forced and they were both on equal footing
Plus science babies so you gotta give it props for that.
(https://i.postimg.cc/pWSCrVKW/x6.png)

She didn't know her partner was a girl or that she could no longer give birth, but happened to know magic for same-sex couples to give birth. Convenient?

Also it really reminds me of this one shot
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_heir_of_the_curse

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 11:04PM by Nezchan

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the baby in the baby carriage

This story was the fastest progression of any relationship I've ever seen lmao

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Mhmm~ this is the kind of doujin that you've been waiting for...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I thought Meiyu was gonna be the one to get pregnant since Satia was supposedly infertile. lol.

joined Jul 4, 2018

magic babies

I concur with this

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

RE learning lesbian pregnancy magic while being in love with a "boy": Maybe she learned it as part of a mandatory class?

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Honestly,this is funny xd

joined Apr 2, 2013

This reads like someone that wanted to write a longer story but didn't have the time, so crammed it all into a few pages instead. Still enjoyed it, but it was too much.

joined Sep 28, 2015

I thank the yuri gods eveytime a chapter of yuri ninshin is translated.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

One of them said she suffered a battlefield injury that prevented her from having kids, hence the other partner stepped up to the task. Think of it as an involuntary hysterectomy done on one of them (ok, I forgot her name... nobody said there’s going to be a quiz afterwards).

Uhm, you misunderstood what's going on here. Satia mentioned being infertile and it was framed as an issue that needed resolution (and was promptly resolved by "magic" which is weak but I don't necessarily mind it) which is patently absurd since this is a lesbian relationship being depicted. Whether or not Satia can bear a child has absolutely no effect on whether they as a couple can have one, since there's still a functional womb between them.

Her infertility didn't need to be resolved and it would've been more impactful if Meiyu offered to bear a child for her through this magic and it didn't just deus ex machina away the entire issue. But for whatever reasons Satia had to be the one to carry the child? Which is especially weird because she was the one who seemed more enthusiastic about knighthood, while Meiyu wanted to be able to make a decision about her own life and break from the knighthood being forced on her. It'd make the bit at the end about choosing to return to the knighthood after the child was born be reclaiming that life path on Meiyu's own terms rather than just be a statement about Satia's enthusiasm for fighting

This framework could've been used to tell a story of actual impact with even just a small change like that, and I think that's what frustrates me most here.

Dude, it was a problem both because she had lost value to her family and that she is clearly sad that she is left without the ability to be either of the things she want to be

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

This reads like someone that wanted to write a longer story but didn't have the time, so crammed it all into a few pages instead. Still enjoyed it, but it was too much.

Yeah the pacing was horrible lol
Well whatever, happy ending I guess

To reply you must either login or sign up.