Forum › Shimeji Simulation discussion

joined Jul 5, 2019

Thanks! It's impressive!

Triniking1234
joined Oct 23, 2015

This book is a bad trip. Damn.

joined Jul 1, 2019

my father told me to stop running after pigeons at 13 and now i see a grown ass adult do it

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Interconnected electrical grid..little girl fixing shit by banging some stuff with sticks..LMAO how tkmiz came up with this stuff..
Love their world btw~

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 4:51AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Pages are out of order

Chapter reminded me of my dreams

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think the final page of chapter 7 might be missing?

Edit: My bad. They just appear to be slightly out of order.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 4:37AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

For some reason those electricity poles really made me laugh. It's just so fucking random.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

"I am less than a stone." So sad but I found it funny. This is gold.

joined May 24, 2014

So tiring, indeed

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

A rock feels no pain
An island never cries

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

For some reason those electricity poles really made me laugh. It's just so fucking random.

There's a beautiful sort of absurdism to it.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

WTFAIR is really an appropriate tag … but this is one of those stories that I find that I really like despite the fact that a lot of it does not make much sense to me.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Why do I feel personally attacked by a manga I cannot understand?
That said, I loved how messed up the panels got in the messy area of the city; based on Shimeji's words at the end, it's like reality itself got tired of working properly for so long and it bended over itself out of sheer boredom. So we get useless electric poles, streets that defy physics and logic, and panels out of format.

Is it supposed to represent our state of mind when frustrated, tired or bored? The irrational thoughts and actions we make when reality becomes too much? Who's the little girl, then? Our conscience, our common sense? Her uselessly trying to fix the imperfections with a stick represents our own rationality trying to get our disturbed brain to get it together already, with no visible effect?

Shit man, truly, this fucked me up.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

lord-of-roses posted:

That said, I loved how messed up the panels got in the messy area of the city; based on Shimeji's words at the end, it's like reality itself got tired of working properly for so long and it bended over itself out of sheer boredom. So we get useless electric poles, streets that defy physics and logic, and panels out of format.

Is it supposed to represent our state of mind when frustrated, tired or bored? The irrational thoughts and actions we make when reality becomes too much? Who's the little girl, then? Our conscience, our common sense? Her uselessly trying to fix the imperfections with a stick represents our own rationality trying to get our disturbed brain to get it together already, with no visible effect?

For me, she's living in a dream-like world, in our dreams, things seem to be normal but after we wake up they seem absurd, like people with eggs on their heads or backgrounds that seem like a city but don't really make sense, the electric poles are there because they need to be there but when you pay attention they are abnormal, the people seem normal on the surface but they do crazy stuff too ... But our protagonist is too detached and indifferent to care long enough, maybe she can't wake up.

By the way, have you all read the prequel to this manga? https://dynasty-scans.com/images/11367

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Best. Chapter. Yet!
And that's saying something :-)

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

lord-of-roses posted:

For me, she's living in a dream-like world, in our dreams, things seem to be normal but after we wake up they seem absurd, like people with eggs on their heads or backgrounds that seem like a city but don't really make sense, the electric poles are there because they need to be there but when you pay attention they are abnormal, the people seem normal on the surface but they do crazy stuff too ... But our protagonist is too detached and indifferent to care long enough, maybe she can't wake up.

By the way, have you all read the prequel to this manga? https://dynasty-scans.com/images/11367

Her's is a dream from which one cannot wake.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Somebody on Mangadex noticed something interesting from Girls' Last Tour:

Look at the far left.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

tkmiz playing the long game all along eh. i don't suppose that got in the anime scene too?

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

waiting for godot anyone?

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Lol, reading this and then follow tkmiz twitter just shows how much random, absurd and surreal his imagination is.

last edited at Aug 27, 2019 2:41AM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

This is amazing like always.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Reading this just make me high without the Weed.

joined Oct 10, 2016

You know... In Poland we have a rock song, title in English would sound like "A Man With a Leaf (On His Head)"... Idk why it reminds me of this manga in some sense.

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Get out of that clóset, Shimeji...

To reply you must either login or sign up.