Forum › Let's Reconcile With Lily Maria discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

"not that kind of weed" oh translator, you know us too well!

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I tried, I cant get into it.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Infidel!! Heretic!! grabs pitchfork

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Same, honestly. There's some funny gags, but it doesn't come together as a whole for me.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This goddess broke the one big rule: never stalk and ship real people. It's creepy.

I mean ignoring stalking, my time working in a school has taught me that teacher ship the hell out of their students, even if they dont know that word itself.

That just sounds so freaking unprofessional. A yuri manga that had a teacher pry into the love life of of a student had me wondering if teachers ever did anything like that and I personally came away thinking it should be none of their concern or business. But what are ya gonna do?

This story . . . is really not for me. Not much more tolerable than the two stories about s guy doing pretty much the same thing. Don't let me ruin anyone else's fun though.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

If Yuri and neighbor-chan doesn't end up together I'm disowning this god

joined Nov 7, 2017

Am I the only one who'd be pretty pumped to read the Editor's idea for a manga?

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

So is Yuri straight (or possibly asexual, I guess) and really not into girls, or closeted and in denial? I kinda feel she's the former, sadly. But it would be great if I'm wrong.

And yeah, I'd read the editor's story. Lesbians and explosions, what more could you ask for.

Also gonna agree with Lily that Yuri is way prettier with her glasses on. This goddess has excellent taste, and mortals should listen to her advice. Moelujah!

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 1:51AM

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

I can see why this manga would put people off but to me its one of the greatest things ever.

Rooting for lilymaria x yuri end. Despite her intense shipping, Lily seems to have little interest in girls for herself, so it would be an interesting change

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 2:11AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is getting so meta. Not that that’s a bad thing, in my opinion.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

ehhhh feels like something is missing as I read on.
It just feels uncomfortable maybe?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Military yuri works too.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Am I the only one who'd be pretty pumped to read the Editor's idea for a manga?

Yeah I like it when in story they don't treat yuri as something special or as main theme. For example, comedy and slice of life manga like Watamote or action/shounen like Murcielago.

joined Jun 12, 2015

The idea of this story is nothing new. Pretty similar story was running in Yuri Hime magazine not that long time ago. It was about two Yuri Fairys sended to earth by Goddess. Written by Minamoto Hisanari.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So Chio-Chan grows up to be a mangaka. Nice.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The idea of this story is nothing new. Pretty similar story was running in Yuri Hime magazine not that long time ago. It was about two Yuri Fairys sended to earth by Goddess. Written by Minamoto Hisanari.

That wasn't similar. That was about the fairies solving yuri problems on request of people with a yuri problem. The fairies didn't act mad yuri fans stretching to find yuri. They certainly didn't try to force someone uninterested in yuri to make yuri.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Yeah, but I ment similar as in the way that the deites are interested in yuri and want to see yuri happening. In comedy form and not in a creepy way.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

lets make the protagonist a male harem lead.

Damn you, editor!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

'I forgot to retort about the yuri part'

Denial. She's absolutely in denial!

'Editor x Mangaka yuri'
M...Mochi? Is that you!?

I'm rooting for a KamomexYuri ending!

And the editor... tsk, tsk, tsk... of course that you can add terrorist, secret agent stuff and battles and fight, but the sexy evil villainess and the good and fearsome heroine fall in love. That's a fundamental part! That's the foe yay!!
(If only Kim Possible creators would have understood that).

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Lily Maria needs to learn that even in yuri, romance is not the only genre.But yes, the editor is being far too sparing with the yuri.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

i died at the toilet sipping

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This goddess broke the one big rule: never stalk and ship real people. It's creepy.

I mean ignoring stalking, my time working in a school has taught me that teacher ship the hell out of their students, even if they dont know that word itself.

That just sounds so freaking unprofessional. A yuri manga that had a teacher pry into the love life of of a student had me wondering if teachers ever did anything like that and I personally came away thinking it should be none of their concern or business. But what are ya gonna do?

From my experience being a prefectural high school English teacher in a high-end small town high school (what I think in the United States might be called a magnet school(?)) for a couple of years, I do think they have different ideas almost across the board of what is professional and unprofessional than, say, Americans and Canadians do. Subtly shipping two suitable students, if done with discretion, wouldn't violate their standards. But letting them stop by a Mister Donut after school without going home first would.

For students with promise (me and a fellow teacher called one of our students "Superwoman" as a nickname for a reason) there's almost a parental attitude.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

From my experience being a prefectural high school English teacher in a high-end small town high school (what I think in the United States might be called a magnet school(?)) for a couple of years, I do think they have different ideas almost across the board of what is professional and unprofessional than, say, Americans and Canadians do. Subtly shipping two suitable students, if done with discretion, wouldn't violate their standards. But letting them stop by a Mister Donut after school without going home first would.

For students with promise (me and a fellow teacher called one of our students "Superwoman" as a nickname for a reason) there's almost a parental attitude.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I hope I wasn't the only moron struggling with the pronunciation of moelujah

To reply you must either login or sign up.