Forum › A Song About Missing You discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

the credits page is also sad, ugh I can't believe such a short story can be so sad

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Are we all just gonna gloss over the fact that she fucked a ghost?

Ghost lovers:

Can't cheat on you - no one else can see them.
Never eat sembei in bed
Probably know all sorts of cool after-life secrets
Will never age
When you die you can go on with the relationship
Make it look and sound like you're just really into self-pleasure when you're with them
Can spy on people for you
Are low maintenance - a few drops of your blood and deep concentration on their memory are all they need
Can pretty much love you forever

I don't see the problem here.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

My sister's graduate school thesis was called "Sex with Ghosts"

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Felloffalot posted:

Is that really all that out of the ordinary?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Felloffalot posted:

Is that really all that out of the ordinary?

I dunno. Apparently ghost fucking is a relatively popular subject in yuri.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Um is it weird that I knew that she was dying..?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My sister's graduate school thesis was called "Sex with Ghosts"

...where can my friend read it? 'Cuz I'm just asking for a friend.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

How so?

In the most charitable light, she unilaterally decided what was best for someone else, then enacted that decision through deception, without giving the other party a chance to respond. Also, if her goal was the long-term well-being of her girlfriend then she obviously failed miserably - the woman is clearly depressed, probably suicidal, and the highlight of her life is her dreams about a dead person. In fact, it was incredibly short-sighted even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she had the best intentions - how the hell are you going to hide the truth from the woman once you're dead? Clearly they had mutual friends, the whole charade was bound to fall apart from the beginning.

Not exactly what I'd call "consideration". In fact, it's rather the opposite.

For whatever reason she didn't want her girlfriend to spend time with her while she was dying. That's a personal decision, and one that should be respected. But they way she went about it was downright cruel, as well as being very stupid.

She wanted her girlfriend to move on, even if it meant resenting her. Depending on the nature of the illness, watching a loved one fight a losing battle and slowly waste away can be painful for both of them. Even if her girlfriend was willing to be there for her, she might not have wanted to be a burden and feel the weight of that when she was the one dying. Death's a pretty personal decision for the person dying, too. Hard to want to be considerate when your time is almost up. I get where she's coming from. Dying wishes can be pretty selfish.

That said, I didn't realize it until she said "the day of the funeral" so that hit me like a freight train.

You see that? That's what I'm talking about.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Fuck..i was starting to hate the girl and then Takemiya started cutting too much onion..im glad there's no spoiler tag..

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Felloffalot posted:

I guess I just had a different interpretation but I thought she was actually alive then. Like Sarasa discovered illness 3 years ago > broke up > 3 years later maybe the she got even more ill > missed ex gf > went back to see her for the last time > things here > Sarasa was content > time skip to funeral > and that part in the window was ex gf reminiscing...

...along those lines? Maybe?

Drawing_cat_cute_baby_by_vaniinamagic-d6mb7g2
joined Sep 1, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pz2yMaAjZM&t=8s

This story reminded me of this.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I vote against tags which spoil. In this case it ruins a huge part of the emotional delivery of the story.

Lolwut? Well, let us all remove tags like "Futanari" or "Het" or all the "Tragedy" tags, why do we even keep them? They just spoil the story! Don't want to read about dicks? Read first, spend your time and find out whether there is or not! A tag would spoil the story, right?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

^No. There is a clear difference between tags that merely list generic tropes used in a work, and examples such as this story, where it would legitimately ruin a huge part of the emotional impact that was intended by the author. Also lol, there is a fair number of stories on the site where tags such as Tragedy, or even Cheating are deliberately omitted, as they would spoil a huge part of the plot and/or emotional impact of the work.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I took it as her dreaming. Makes sense, day of the funeral, obviously this whole issue weighs heavily on her, and is therefore prominently on her mind, naturally, it seeps into her dreams.

Though, looking at it again, it could have been a ghost. Which would actually take away part of the tragedy, since the two of them would have a clear chance of seeing each other again. Probably the reason I did not read it as a ghost story.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Oh wow. I didn't see that coming. Takemiya Jin, you beautiful, cold-blooded genius. You're always breaking my heart.. But still, I come back for more..

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Wait... So Sarasa was already dead all along??? Nani the foooooccckkkk?

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

So sad

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

I hate you, Takemiya

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think Angst and/or Drama, and maybe even Supernatural would be appropriate, non-spoiler tags.

Supernatural would absolutely give away the twist.
(edit: and I'm not convinced anything supernatural happened here)

last edited at Dec 17, 2017 9:26PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I took it as her dreaming. Makes sense, day of the funeral, obviously this whole issue weighs heavily on her, and is therefore prominently on her mind, naturally, it seeps into her dreams.

Though, looking at it again, it could have been a ghost. Which would actually take away part of the tragedy, since the two of them would have a clear chance of seeing each other again. Probably the reason I did not read it as a ghost story.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a dream. Sarasa fades out as the sun comes in to wake her up.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Felloffalot posted:

I guess I just had a different interpretation but I thought she was actually alive then. Like Sarasa discovered illness 3 years ago > broke up > 3 years later maybe the she got even more ill > missed ex gf > went back to see her for the last time > things here > Sarasa was content > time skip to funeral > and that part in the window was ex gf reminiscing...

She says she came back the day of the funeral. Funerals don't happen immediately after you die. It takes time to plan and you have to give people time to find out about it so they can pay their respects. I am in the "It's a dream" camp. She came home from the funeral, fell asleep, and dreamt about Sarasa coming to visit her.

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

why you do this (´Д`)y-~

joined Feb 18, 2015

I can not decide if it was the very pinnacle of consideration, or of stupidity.

I would call it selfishness.

On the part of the person who left, or the person who found out about her illness and didn't go to see her ex? Because I believe the OP was saying that about Asuka, the main character... I think it is respecting the wishes of her girlfriend. The girlfriend might have been selfish, but she wanted to die on her own terms and, after finding out about the illness, Asuka chose to honor her wishes.

It's still brutal as fuck.

Felloffalot posted:

She says she came back the day of the funeral. Funerals don't happen immediately after you die. It takes time to plan and you have to give people time to find out about it so they can pay their respects. I am in the "It's a dream" camp. She came home from the funeral, fell asleep, and dreamt about Sarasa coming to visit her.

I think it is supposed to imply that it was her spirit coming to her for a quickie... Well, not so much a quickie as a one night stand, I guess.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 5:11PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Drinking alone on the day of her funeral + she disappears before morning

I'm pretty sure "it was all a dream" is implied. Her spirit doesn't "visit" her except in maybe a metaphysical sense.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fuck

To reply you must either login or sign up.