Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Okay, so can we end this flashback sequence now

Also, geez this chapter really hammers home how sick and sad and delusional it is to lust after your own mother(I mean if it wasn't already obvious)

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 7:07PM

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

I enjoy the slow story build up because it means Taiyaki is spending a lot of time in creating this story. I hope she continues doing so and don't rush and ruin it like many other manga. I love this manga so much but..I also miss Ayako :(

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Those are some pretty traumatic memories and sentiments, wow

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Asuka wants her Mommy.

This almost made me cry. That pain is too real. It's crazy!

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 10:54PM

makes me sad

shit that hurt me deep

i mean so asuka knew it was wrong a long time ago.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 11:04PM by

joined Jun 25, 2017

No it won't work, get off Asuka. Wait till Ayako finds this out. Oooofers!!! Oh man, ASUKA. T__T

joined Jun 25, 2017

In a perfect world, this would have been a Dead brother's widow x Akira manga and we wouldn't have see this horrendous arc.

Pff, the "horrendous arc" is the reason this story has so many readers and comments. I'm here for Ayako/Asuka, there is nothing like it in the manga world in my opinion. Unless it's hentai. -__- I appreciate this story so much, because it's not one that can be told so easily and still make you feel like "okay, sovshe loves her mother...." I'm cool with that.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I enjoy the slow story build up because it means Taiyaki is spending a lot of time in creating this story. I hope she continues doing so and don't rush and ruin it like many other manga. I love this manga so much but..I also miss Ayako :(

Can I share this post with the author? I feel the same and want her to see how many readers she has.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Really want to thank the translator for this manga, we are blessed. Although my patience is shit when it comes to waiting for the next chapter.... I'm so thankful.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Michykat posted:

Can I share this post with the author? I feel the same and want her to see how many readers she has.

Never a good idea to post comments from the forum that host unofficial translations to the author in Japan

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^I remember one incident when an author asked Dynasty to remove one of their his or her mangas from the site

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 12:39AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

At least , she's considerable enough to know when to stop but she's still twisted to accept to be only a substitue. Why would be in a relation with someone when you know it only treat you as a substitue for someone else. It's not heathly. Oh and for the love of gof, can't we end those flashbacks ? we reach a point where half of all chapters are flashbacks.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I think the theory that Miyuki senpai had a sexual relationship with her mother might turn out to be. The way she talks to Asuka; the facial expressions she makes when she say, "If you had been strangers in the past, then maybe you would've never felt this pain," look both sad and lonely, as if she were speaking from experience and the only way she can cope with the pain is by engaging in a marathon of meaningless sex (and yet there is no permanent substitute). Also, she immediately assumed that Asuka was in a sexual relationship with her mom when she said, "Wait, Mom." Some commentators have noted that it is illogical for Miyuki to suddenly assume that Asuka was in a relationship with her mother just from those words. But it would make sense if Miyuki had an illicit relationship with her mother and Asuka's reaction reminded her of her sexual experience with her mother. Thus, Miyuki projected herself onto Asuka in that moment and assumed that Asuka had the same experience as her.

My prediction for the present chapters: Miyuki will try to prevent Asuka from pursuing her mom when she finds out Asuka kissed her mom because Miyuki does not want Asuka to feel the same pain she underwent. Thus, the present chapters will deal with the moral and psychological ramifications of an incestuous relationship with a minor, which I think I had commented about before.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 2:49AM

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

Michykat posted:

Never a good idea to post comments from the forum that host unofficial translations to the author in Japan

I follow her on twitter so that's my way of supporting her :)

Wat u mean???!!!! this is going great

Overall it seems like Asuka and miyuki relationship ended on a neutral note

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:26AM by

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

we better be out of this flashback shit by the next chapter that president character gotta go

joined Mar 27, 2019

I think the theory that Miyuki senpai had a sexual relationship with her mother might turn out to be. The way she talks to Asuka; the facial expressions she makes when she say, "If you had been strangers in the past, then maybe you would've never felt this pain," look both sad and lonely, as if she were speaking from experience and the only way she can cope with the pain is by engaging in a marathon of meaningless sex (and yet there is no permanent substitute). Also, she immediately assumed that Asuka was in a sexual relationship with her mom when she said, "Wait, Mom." Some commentators have noted that it is illogical for Miyuki to suddenly assume that Asuka was in a relationship with her mother just from those words. But it would make sense if Miyuki had an illicit relationship with her mother and Asuka's reaction reminded her of her sexual experience with her mother. Thus, Miyuki projected herself onto Asuka in that moment and assumed that Asuka had the same experience as her.

My prediction for the present chapters: Miyuki will try to prevent Asuka from pursuing her mom when she finds out Asuka kissed her mom because Miyuki does not want Asuka to feel the same pain she underwent. Thus, the present chapters will deal with the moral and psychological ramifications of an incestuous relationship with a minor, which I think I had commented about before.

Are you regarding my post saying "i mean, normally in many children scenarios, wouldn't Asuka sound like she's crying for her mom for help? instead of moaning for her mom?"
I mean your theory would definitely explain why Miyuki could tell just from her saying "mom"..would Taiyaki bless us with two incest lesbians

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Why would be in a relation with someone when you know it only treat you as a substitue for someone else.

Depends on what she wanted out of that relationship, if it can be called that at all. If all she wanted was a sex friend (which is already assuming that it would not have ended with just the one time), being a substitute would have been just as fine, if Asuka herself had been fine with it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Are you regarding my post saying "i mean, normally in many children scenarios, wouldn't Asuka sound like she's crying for her mom for help? instead of moaning for her mom?"
I mean your theory would definitely explain why Miyuki could tell just from her saying "mom"..would Taiyaki bless us with two incest lesbians

I'm pretty sure it's just the classic trope of blurting out your lover's name during sex. It's usually the least convoluted explanation in 99 out of 100 cases, and I would be surprised if this were the big exception. ^^

Anyway; great chapter, like it. Went a step further than I expected but ultimately ended basically where I thought it would ;)

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a lot of Epileptic Trees largely pulled out of thin air though. Occam's Razor would conversely be that Miyuki's just eerily perceptive enough (which is more or less text), and sufficiently familiar with Asuka, to simply connect the dots as she goes and the latter helpfully keeps blurting out more and more pertinent details.

joined May 24, 2014

Ah, I guess she failed to suck the mothercon outta asuka

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Pyoro posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just the classic trope of blurting out your lover's name during sex.

Also not a thing in Japanese or at least not a plausible way to interpret that sentence in original from what I can tell.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

In a perfect world, this would have been a Dead brother's widow x Akira manga and we wouldn't have see this horrendous arc.

Pff, the "horrendous arc" is the reason this story has so many readers and comments. I'm here for Ayako/Asuka, there is nothing like it in the manga world in my opinion. Unless it's hentai. -__- I appreciate this story so much, because it's not one that can be told so easily and still make you feel like "okay, so she loves her mother...." I'm cool with that.

Yes, my feelings exactly. This absolutely fascinating arc is an indispensable part of the story, and we wouldn't be able to fully understand the character of Asuka if these naughty secrets of her past hadn't been revealed to us in detail.

Those who don't like the current developments have my sympathy... but me, I'm enjoying every bit of it all.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

As an aside -- everyone, welcome to page 69 of the comments!!!

We all have now a much more intimate relationship with this wunnerful manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.