Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That's a lot of Epileptic Trees largely pulled out of thin air though. Occam's Razor would conversely be that Miyuki's just eerily perceptive enough (which is more or less text), and sufficiently familiar with Asuka, to simply connect the dots as she goes and the latter helpfully keeps blurting out more and more pertinent details.

Anyone who knows how to wield Occam's Razor and cut short a pointless speculation has all my respect. Well done! (งᗒ‿‿ᗕ)ง

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

random posted:

That's a lot of Epileptic Trees largely pulled out of thin air though. Occam's Razor would conversely be that Miyuki's just eerily perceptive enough (which is more or less text), and sufficiently familiar with Asuka, to simply connect the dots as she goes and the latter helpfully keeps blurting out more and more pertinent details.

Yeah that makes sense.
Edit: I admit that I jumped to a bunch of conclusions without solid evidence. This was a good learning experience.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 6:08PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

In a perfect world, this would have been a Dead brother's widow x Akira manga and we wouldn't have see this horrendous arc.

Pff, the "horrendous arc" is the reason this story has so many readers and comments. I'm here for Ayako/Asuka, there is nothing like it in the manga world in my opinion. Unless it's hentai. -__- I appreciate this story so much, because it's not one that can be told so easily and still make you feel like "okay, so she loves her mother...." I'm cool with that.

Yes, my feelings exactly. This absolutely fascinating arc is an indispensable part of the story, and we wouldn't be able to fully understand the character of Asuka if these naughty secrets of her past hadn't been revealed to us in detail.

Those who don't like the current developments have my sympathy... but me, I'm enjoying every bit of it all.

(Points up) yes, yes, yes.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

yeah this arc is interesting and i like how it really slaps asuka in the face on how fucked up her feelings really are but the president character is very unlikeable i'm just looking forward to not seeing her anymore

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 1:12AM

joined Jan 10, 2017

When is this manga gonna stop with the backstory crap and get back to the mothercon.

joined Apr 5, 2018

When is this manga gonna stop with the backstory crap and get back to the mothercon.

I too want to see more of the main relationship but I also like way the author is taking time to detail what happened and answer questions raised in earlier chapters. Also this backstory has given us a few nice things in regards to Asuka x Ayako as well so even if you don't care for it, its not completely bad. Just be patient and enjoy the ride.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm surprised she actually stopped (at least I believe she will). I can definitely see how her presence was necessary to help Asuka realize her feelings now, but it was still a shitty thing to do. She just took advantage of her.

Though that one panel of an alternate timeline where Asuka isn't related to Ayako, with Akira going out with her, now that would be the best timeline. lol

senpai was proly abused as a child
teens like her were usually abused.

joined Jul 26, 2016

joined May 8, 2017

^whoops, looks like i started a trend

joined May 8, 2017

I really like the sequences on page 09 and 10, where Asuka is listing out good qualities about Miyuki, but subsequently she is also recalling memories about her mother. The author is great with visuals; she really knows how to make the panels flow together seamlessly.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To be fair, that's seem more probable in senpai's case. Mom's suicide and little sister hospitalized.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

To be fair, that's seem more probable in senpai's case. Mom's suicide and little sister hospitalized.

Yeah, but we also got a chapter where she basically explains what's going on with her. "I was always too perfect, bla bla." In fiction, in 78 out of 79 cases people have exactly one reason to do whatever it is they are doing. So that's almost certainly Miyuki's, exactly as she tells it. ^^

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The flashback nightmare is almost over, folks

joined Jul 26, 2016

This is Japan, which has ghastly suicide rates even IRL due to a disturbing cultural tendency to treat it as an acceptable solution to an alarmingly vast range of life's problems, and moreover fictional Japan where you get pneumonia from being exposed to light rain, especially if you're female.
Just sayin'.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is Japan, which has ghastly suicide rates even IRL due to a disturbing cultural tendency to treat it as an acceptable solution to an alarmingly vast range of life's problems, and moreover fictional Japan where you get pneumonia from being exposed to light rain, especially if you're female.
Just sayin'.

And have the authorities even tried to address the "both parents dying in a random car accident" epidemic?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Just sayin'.

And have the authorities even tried to address the "both parents dying in a random car accident" epidemic?

They are too busy keeping the economy together by the seams because 70% of their population works overseas apparently.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 9:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Just sayin'.

Truck-kun 2 stronk :c

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Guys. Considering all the disasters and monsters attacking Japan on regular basis, I'm surprised it still exist.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sooo... I can't still see why Asuka called Miyuki a liar...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 13.4: Asuka asks Miyuki about a mark on her neck. Miyuki says it’s a bug bite, but at some point Asuka realizes it’s a hickey.

The mark appears in between two of their make-out sessions, so Asuka knows that senpai has been with someone else.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Chapter 13.4: Asuka asks Miyuki about a mark on her neck. Miyuki says it’s a bug bite, but at some point Asuka realizes it’s a hickey.

The mark appears in between two of their make-out sessions, so Asuka knows that senpai has been with someone else.

I see.

Perhaps Asuka felt like they were in an exclusive relationship or something deeper than just fubus.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I see.

Perhaps Asuka felt like they were in an exclusive relationship or something deeper than just fubus.

Or perhaps when Miyuki told a falsehood, Asuka felt lied to.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I see.

Or perhaps when Miyuki told a falsehood, Asuka felt lied to.

joined May 8, 2017

Nevri posted:

Guys. Considering all the disasters and monsters attacking Japan on regular basis, I'm surprised it still exist.

Ikenai Otono taught me that everytime a highschool Japanese girl deals with inner conflict, an earthquake occurs. So I guess that earthquakes happen every hour, every week, usually near a a crowd of adolescent school girls.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 6:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.