Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

I guess I'm in that percentage. It is possible for a story to be disturbing and compelling at the same time and that was I was kinda hoping for. This one is missing the compelling part though

Disclaimer: your mileage may vary.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:
Quoted for truth because the first poster is obviously one of those who missed their exit point. I especially like that "too much" part, implying that average readers of this clearly tagged, multi-chapters story about incest will be disturbed by default. I was under the impression people usually read things they are into.

Really? You sound like your impressions are definitely the truth. But I think you're underestimating people and their curiosity a lot.

I guess there are some who are not into it and are reading it to deliberately make themselves queasy, but I somehow doubt they form any meaningful percentage here.

You're missing the fact that if there are people "into" something and people "against" something, there are also people in the middle.

By default, our society frowns upon incest, whether in fiction or not. So the average people would probably feel a sense of guilt reading something taking a serious shot at an incest story, but would not fly into a rage because of its mere existence, they would just be curious.

I think people really into this and the people really against this are the actual minority.

IMO, a large majority of people here just see this as fiction and a little guilty read, like when you read a lolicon story. But depending on the direction it takes and how it is treated, they could drop it with a "meh" or praise it as original and a good read about a difficult subject.

last edited at Apr 1, 2019 1:25PM

joined Mar 12, 2019

Wow mangakas had to go to this deep end. Siscon was not enough apparently so now they went for milf-daughter.

Coming from a lesbian—The mom is super hot, but I would never feel the same if I were actually her daughter.

My opinion though, don’t expect anyone to agree. I just don’t like the direction this is going because it’s so unrealistic. What kind of mother agree to let her daughter practice romantic kissing on her??? The pace is moving way too fast.

And lol she marries some creep who followed her around and was like “ok, I agree to get married!”. That is so out of character for the mother by the way, because she was constantly described by her friends as an ice queen and someone who took her work seriously. But she falls for some young fool’s marriage proposal that easily?... what?

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 4:30AM

BeehivesandCherries
joined Mar 27, 2019

Just as a forewarning to others, I think another tag should be made. Maybe label is “incest” or “momcest.” Because clearly people are complaining about this nonstop.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 2:18PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just as a forewarning to others, I think another tag should be made. Maybe label is “incest” or “momcest.” Because clearly people are complaining about this nonstop.

I think the current label that has been on this since the beginning: Incest should suffice.

Nothing will stop the moralizers, not even the sound of their own voice.

BTW, I don’t feel guilty reading this, not even a little, nor am I “into” incest. I’m looking at an author who has posed a little narrative/genre/ethical puzzle for themselves, and I’m watching to see if and how they resolve it.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 3:53PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

It is already labeled incest.

joined Jul 26, 2016

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:
Quoted for truth because the first poster is obviously one of those who missed their exit point. I especially like that "too much" part, implying that average readers of this clearly tagged, multi-chapters story about incest will be disturbed by default. I was under the impression people usually read things they are into.

Really? You sound like your impressions are definitely the truth. But I think you're underestimating people and their curiosity a lot.

I guess there are some who are not into it and are reading it to deliberately make themselves queasy, but I somehow doubt they form any meaningful percentage here.

You're missing the fact that if there are people "into" something and people "against" something, there are also people in the middle.

By default, our society frowns upon incest, whether in fiction or not. So the average people would probably feel a sense of guilt reading something taking a serious shot at an incest story, but would not fly into a rage because of its mere existence, they would just be curious.

I think people really into this and the people really against this are the actual minority.

IMO, a large majority of people here just see this as fiction and a little guilty read, like when you read a lolicon story. But depending on the direction it takes and how it is treated, they could drop it with a "meh" or praise it as original and a good read about a difficult subject.

Leaving your arbitrary assumptions about the audience aside the simple truth of the matter is the very premise of the story means hot daughter on mom action has always been a distinct possibility from the get go; chapter 12 (plus sundry omakes and specials) is a little late in the game to suddenly be shocked, shocked to find there might be parent-child incest going on in this series!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I mean, that series had a consistent amount of stretching. You can hardly call it false advertising.

Hibike Euphonium wasn't a yuri bait-and-switch, either. The title said "euphonium", and there wasn't just one euphonium on the show, there were three! Checkmate, yuri fans.

Perfect

Also, I wouldn't say I'm into incest, but I'm not against it either. I can like almost anything as long as it's fiction and well-written and developed (and it isn't rapey and the characters don't straight up hate/want to kill each other). I also don't ship incest if I think the characters see each other as just relatives.

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 9:26AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One might almost think that there’s something interesting about stories of forbidden love. . .

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

For those without patience:
https://mega.nz/#!atFGXSYQ!KIBTOO3e1N6EG1mfgZ63R8t61MPgCLTMWOPV1JgrWDw
https://pastebin.com/uDsNh9Nf

You're awesome

I actually saw that chapter on facebook translated and edited
when is going to be on dynasty?

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I tried to upload it about 24 hours ago, then 12 hours ago and the third time about half an hour ago. Don't know what's seems to be a problem - usually everything works just fine for me. Well, you know it's chapter 13 after all...

joined Apr 6, 2019

Lol, chapter 13, huh? No wonder.
Here's hoping the problem will be fixed soon. I adore this series. Forbidden love stories are the best!

joined Dec 26, 2014

I tried to upload it about 24 hours ago, then 12 hours ago and the third time about half an hour ago. Don't know what's seems to be a problem - usually everything works just fine for me. Well, you know it's chapter 13 after all...

oh ok thanks
hope problem will be solved soon and 13 is just a number

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

...and it's finally up! Huzzah!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Everytime I read this manga I feel strange.

joined Dec 26, 2014

banzai! it's up! I missed this manga

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Aaand btw this is chapter 13-1 (chapter 13, first half), not just 13. So consequently next one would be 13-2.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I'm confused. Wasn't the last page of ch12 still about the black haired girl and her lying about something? What's with the flashback that doesn't even mention her?

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 7:58PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I.....Don't know how to feel about this anymore.

I always thought we'd be getting a twist and that it's all going to be OK. But....This really is mom x daughter huh...

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I love this Manga but i have a big Question. Whats with the Black Girl in Chapter 12 now? xD

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I always thought we'd be getting a twist and that it's all going to be OK. But....This really is mom x daughter huh...

I, for one, would certainly be disappointed if this didn't turn out to be an incestous relationship, considering literally all the previous chapters have been building on it.

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 8:12PM

joined Jul 4, 2018

OK to cut short, my opinion in two "words" : Huhhhg... Creepy.
I mean, okay incest between cousin I don't see any problem.

Okay incest between Step-sisters, it doesn't bother me if they didn't live with each other since their birth, like real sisters.

Between Sister, it happen in manga but in reality I would found that really strange.

AND NOW MOTHER AND DAUGHTER WTF BRO, if a mother abuse of her daughter like that Ill just call the cops, thats not a good relation-ship for the two of them and that's mostly rape or abusive, she's a teen and the mom didn't do her job correctly. I mean all children have the "Oedipus complex" when they are very young, but normally the parents tell clearly its not possible and the child grow up and stop loving his father/mother, but there nop. WTF BRO. that's not elfy that's why this is really creepy

Now we need to ship inanimate objects! Like Ships! And Guns! And iPhone chargers!
Oh wait....
(Srsly, tho, i love it all personally, but im just here to make a joke)

RomanticGuy153
joined May 21, 2018

Now we need to ship inanimate objects! Like Ships! And Guns! And iPhone chargers!
Oh wait....
(Srsly, tho, i love it all personally, but im just here to make a joke)

Already done ^^'
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_pc_and_iphone_seemed_like_they_were_friends_with_benefits_so_i_made_a_comic_out_of_it

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 8:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.