Forum › Yuri Is My Job! discussion

joined Feb 11, 2022

Does anyone know how many volumes of the series have been released in the original Japanese? I thought Volume 8 was near the end of the series, but apparently not.

Volume 9 went on sale in November (so we are currently only one volume behind), and the series is still being published. The English release date is set for May, but it wouldn't surprised me to see it being delayed two or three months, unfortunately.

It's hard to tell how much longer the series will continue, but I just hope the author can finish it at her/his own pace. I find her/his work to be absolutely fantastic, and it would be a shame (and really anticlimactic) to have a rushed ending of any kind. I'm glad Kodansha has licensed this series and Whisper Me a Love Song.

last edited at Feb 12, 2022 8:35AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Does anyone know how many volumes of the series have been released in the original Japanese? I thought Volume 8 was near the end of the series, but apparently not.

Volume 9 went on sale in November (so we are currently only one volume behind), and the series is still being published. The English release date is set for May, but it wouldn't surprised me to see it being delayed two or three months, unfortunately.

It's hard to tell how much longer the series will continue, but I just hope the author can finish it at her/his own pace. I find her/his work to be absolutely fantastic, and it would be a shame (and really anticlimactic) to have a rushed ending of any kind. I'm glad Kodansha has licensed this series and Whisper Me a Love Song.

Thanks for the answer. Since the series is only up to the summer, I suspect that it will continue until the holiday season in-universe, since Liebe probably has a big holiday event planned there, and it may lead to something romantic between Hime and Mitsuki, as well as possibly Kanoko and Sumika.

I'm also glad that the series got licensed, especially since the translator dropped it after only two chapters and it's no longer on this site. The story only really gets going at the end of the first volume, so it's nice to be able to buy the first volume and have the relatively slow-paced beginning end with a payoff in the form of a twist at the end of the first volume.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Tags updated, and cool news. May the yuri wrestling federation continue!

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1515250474399637504

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh cool! Can’t wait

joined Feb 10, 2022

I just read until vol8. Really don't want to rush it and leave it like that. I'd actually wanna see Hime falling for Yano after she confessed to hime, and her rejection I would like it to be more like finding that in the end she truly likes yano in the same she does for hime but anyway

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014
Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Anime confirmed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O242tdWMvHQ

Oooohhh nice!! I'm looking forward for that one!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Just caught up on volume 8. I'm really liking the development of the Yano and Hime relationship. Hime rejecting Yano and not knowing how to be with her, and Yano wanting to be with her despite being hurt is great. It's nice to see rejection in a yuri manga like this. Even if the rejection doesn't stay permanent, I really like how long and how much time was spent on it. The characters really put thought and agonized over it, and that's pretty neat to see.

Something else that caught my eye especially in this volume, but really should have been obvious throughout is that Hime is most probably gay. The bathing scene is the most "I haven't realized I'm gay yet" scene possible. She's checking out all of the girls' bodies and it has nothing to do with embarrassment. It might be possible to argue for some of the other characters that their love is that yuri version where gender doesn't matter and they just love one specific person, but with Hime it really just seems that she's gay. Also, her heart "badump"ed way too many times for her not to be interested in Yano, she just has even less of an idea for romance. Romance is kind of anathema to her whole façade being, so it makes sense why she would be terrible at it. It's going to be a lot of volumes before we get to that happy ending at the rate things are going though.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 4:13PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

Just caught up on volume 8. I'm really liking the development of the Yano and Hime relationship. Hime rejecting Yano and not knowing how to be with her, and Yano wanting to be with her despite being hurt is great. It's nice to see rejection in a yuri manga like this. Even if the rejection doesn't stay permanent, I really like how long and how much time was spent on it. The characters really put thought and agonized over it, and that's pretty neat to see.

I agree. I've read that some people say this Arc dragged on for too long, but I personally really liked how the confession and kiss from Volume 6 ended up having such big consequences in the story (as it should) and it wasn't something that was easily resolved in one or two chapters, and I respect the author for doing that.

I said something similar in my previous comment, but I think that the narrative of the series has been really solid from the very beginning. I'm glad it will start to get more recognition once the anime airs.

Regarding the second thing you mentioned: Although there have been times since the first chapters where Hime would blush in certain situations when interacting with Yano, I do agree that it happens more frequently now, in part because Yano no longer hides her feelings and is completely honest with her. Chapter 41.5 is probably (hopefully) a peek of what their relationship will be like from now on.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 11:20PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

After reading the last few new chapters (Read up to chapter 44) since it's been a little bit since the end of the last volume I can still proudly say I really dislike Kanoko and I honestly wish she would either give up on Hime or just go away already. I can't wait to see how annoying she is in the anime as well.

Sumika's look of disgust at what Kanoko said here is exactly my face every time I see her and when she gets all weird and creepy

https://imgur.com/SmMrUvL

Chapter 44 spoiler:
It's also even weirder that the fact that in chapter 44 Sumika is starting to realize she's in love with Kanoko and I just ask myself how can you love someone as sad and annoying her?

Sorry I really needed to vent because I really can't stand Kanoko @_@ haha

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 8:57PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Who the fuck scanlate when the volume is suposs to come next month ? Seem people can't even wait physical release

joined Feb 11, 2022

Who the fuck scanlate when the volume is suposs to come next month ? Seem people can't even wait physical release

Imagine taking the time and effort to write a pointless comment like one this instead of being grateful to literally the only person to scanlate the series in over four years. Especially with how irregular the official release schedule has been since 2020.

last edited at Jun 17, 2022 10:11PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Imagine taking the time and effort to make a pointless comment like this instead of being grateful to literally the only person to scanlate the series in over four years. Especially with how irregular the official release schedule has been since 2020.

Nobody scanlate maybe because it's published. Also Vol.8 was in March, vol.9 is for July, one of the shortest wait but somehow it's this one who is scanlated instead of the volume where we wait longer. And being grateful for what ? For not waiting only 4 little months ? People those days have literally no patience,if they don't have the thing in a short amount of time, it's too long

joined Feb 11, 2022

Hey, sorry to bother you. I wanted to know if it would be possible to upload here the latest scanlated chapters of this manga.
I understand that licensed series are prohibited from doing so, but I'm curious because there are other manga, like Whisper me a Love Song, that are being uploaded despite having been licensed. Thank you.

joined Mar 15, 2015

The anime trailer looks promising, although I wonder what the studio will pick as the stopping point for the first season. The end of the election arc seems like the most logical point.

I can understand why people don't like Kanoko, but we're not supposed to see her obsession with Hime as healthy. Even Hime, who's unaware of Kanoko's true feelings for her, is glad that Kanoko made another friend.

As for Sumika, I think Sumika sees a little of herself in Kanoko, since it's implied that she had unrequited feelings for Nene(although she claims they're non-romantic). Sumika was willing to grudgingly step aside and let Nene get together with Goeido, but then Goeido callously dumped Nene, so Sumika realizes it's not always easy to accept it when the person you love loves someone who may not actually be a good match for them(remember, Hime and Mitsuki's relationship has had its ups and downs, so maybe Kanoko dislikes Mitsuki because she thinks she won't treat Hime well). It helps that Kanoko trusts Sumika enough to tell her about her unrequited love enough for Hime.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Hey, sorry to bother you. I wanted to know if it would be possible to upload here the latest scanlated chapters of this manga.
I understand that licensed series are prohibited from doing so, but I'm curious because there are other manga, like Whisper me a Love Song, that are being uploaded despite having been licensed. Thank you.

I can't speak for the mods, but there are three types of licensed series on this site.
1)Licensed series that continue getting scanlations even after the licensing(Whisper)
2)Licensed series that stop getting new scanlated chapters after they're licensed (Crescent Moon and Doughnuts)
3)Licensed series that not only stop getting new scanlated chapters after being licensed,but the existing scanlated chapters are removed (Yuri is my Job)

It seems to be a question of enforcement, and #3 is probably what is supposed to happen. Now that the chapters have been taken down, I don't think they'll ever be uploaded.

Incidentally, after seeing the scanlation for Chapter 46(last chapter of Volume 9), I have a question. When the chapter shows a slip of paper that Goeido gives to Kanoko with her contact information, the official localization has "Yoko Gouto" written there while the scanlation has "Youko Goeido." Is the former supposed to be Goeido's real name, with Goeido being her assumed last name in the salon?

Eulamber%20croppedd
joined Oct 2, 2017

Incidentally, after seeing the scanlation for Chapter 46(last chapter of Volume 9), I have a question. When the chapter shows a slip of paper that Goeido gives to Kanoko with her contact information, the official localization has "Yoko Gouto" written there while the scanlation has "Youko Goeido." Is the former supposed to be Goeido's real name, with Goeido being her assumed last name in the salon?

You're right - Gotou is her real surname, while Goeidou is her salon name. Thanks for catching that mistake in the scanlation. The pages have now been reuploaded on Mangadex.

joined Mar 15, 2015

You're right - Gotou is her real surname, while Goeidou is her salon name. Thanks for catching that mistake in the scanlation. The pages have now been reuploaded on Mangadex.

You're welcome. Of course, the localization isn't infallible; in the localization Chapter 43, Kanoko tells Sumika, "At first, you'd been saying that she should quit," when in fact, Kanoko's saying that Sumika has stopped trying to get Kanoko to give up on her crush on Hime.

I'm personally looking forward to the next few chapters. It's becoming clear that Sumika doesn't have the entire story of what happened between Nene and Goeido, since she's missing some details, evidently never having realized that Nene had a crush on Sumika. On the other hand, Mai, who's more reasonable about Goeido than Sumika is, is unpleasantly surprised that Goeido showed up, and politely hints that she doesn't want Goeido around any longer than necessary. I also suspect it's not a coincidence that Goeido showed up on Sumika's day off(maybe Shinooka told her about it)

EDIT: I noticed at the end of Chapter 48 of the fan translation- some words got mixed up, in "I want to put an to end things properly."

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 2:52PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

For the fan scans:
I'm surprised by how often the word lesbian has been thrown around in the last 3 chapters. I've been following the official scans until this point so I don't know if it's a translation issue, or when Nene was around they used to say it way more often. Like, the manga felt more subtle up until this point, and all of a sudden everyone is super gay. I don't have a problem with it, but I'm curious now if the official scans will also be like that.
Youko really comes off as a sociopath here. She'd be perfect for Kanoko.

joined Aug 10, 2014

For the fan scans:
I'm surprised by how often the word lesbian has been thrown around in the last 3 chapters. I've been following the official scans until this point so I don't know if it's a translation issue, or when Nene was around they used to say it way more often. Like, the manga felt more subtle up until this point, and all of a sudden everyone is super gay. I don't have a problem with it, but I'm curious now if the official scans will also be like that.

Where can I find the official scans ? I can see the official volumes in Amazon but are the chapters posted somewhere else as well ? Because I only managed to find the fan translations in MangaDex

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

For the fan scans:

Where can I find the official scans ? I can see the official volumes in Amazon but are the chapters posted somewhere else as well ? Because I only managed to find the fan translations in MangaDex

You're not gonna find officials scans on the internet cause that would cause some problems to any sire herbeging it. If you want official then buy the official release, there is no other way around.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

For the fan scans:

Torrents help.

joined Mar 15, 2015

For the fan scans:

I guess the use of "lesbian" comes up because Sumika identifies as heterosexual, at least before meeting Kanoko, while Nene has only ever had feelings for straight girls, so this is the first time characters' sexuality has become an issue. Compare how Hime doesn't have any apparent interest in romance apart from marrying into wealth(but seems to have feelings for Mitsuki), Mitsuki and Kanoko haven't had feelings for anyone besides Hime, and Mai hasn't expressed romantic feelings for anyone.

If by "perfect" you mean Kanoko would be the perfect victim for Youko, then you're absolutely right. Not only is Kanoko the type who'd fall for anyone who's kind to her, but Kanoko actually thinks that Youko might not be so bad after hearing Sumika's account of Nene and Youko's relationship(keep in mind Sumika's the most biased against Youko).

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

For the fan scans:

I guess the use of "lesbian" comes up because Sumika identifies as heterosexual, at least before meeting Kanoko, while Nene has only ever had feelings for straight girls, so this is the first time characters' sexuality has become an issue. Compare how Hime doesn't have any apparent interest in romance apart from marrying into wealth(but seems to have feelings for Mitsuki), Mitsuki and Kanoko haven't had feelings for anyone besides Hime, and Mai hasn't expressed romantic feelings for anyone.

If by "perfect" you mean Kanoko would be the perfect victim for Youko, then you're absolutely right. Not only is Kanoko the type who'd fall for anyone who's kind to her, but Kanoko actually thinks that Youko might not be so bad after hearing Sumika's account of Nene and Youko's relationship(keep in mind Sumika's the most biased against Youko).

Well in these flashback chapters Sumika says that she's the only straight one among them, which seems to imply that Mai is also a lesbian. And while I agree that Hime hasn't had any apparent interest in romance, it's very clear that she is female attracted, not just Mitsuki attracted.

Haha my perfect comment was just a joke because I really dislike Kanoko.

joined Feb 11, 2022

And here I was thinking that Youko was going to get her Redemption Arc. I wonder what's going to happen with Nene from now on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.