Forum › Yuri Is My Job! discussion

joined Jul 26, 2019

I scrolled through some of the most recent chapters after just having finished the anime and man…I’m surprised so much focus is STILL being placed on Kanoko. The shift from the main couple to her craziness for the entire second half of the series (save for the last episode) was what really killed the anime both for myself and, judging from comments on CR, for most viewers as well. I thought the author would’ve gotten some input by now and shifted gears, but either she really likes Kanoko as a character or she’s getting some obscure feedback, because it just felt like a doubling down on Kanoko for the rest of the manga as well? I have no idea what Sumika sees in her, and am still hoping they won’t actually end up together. But either way, likely won’t stick around to find out.

joined Feb 11, 2022

I scrolled through some of the most recent chapters after just having finished the anime and man…I’m surprised so much focus is STILL being placed on Kanoko. The shift from the main couple to her craziness for the entire second half of the series (save for the last episode) was what really killed the anime both for myself and, judging from comments on CR, for most viewers as well. I thought the author would’ve gotten some input by now and shifted gears, but either she really likes Kanoko as a character or she’s getting some obscure feedback, because it just felt like a doubling down on Kanoko for the rest of the manga as well? I have no idea what Sumika sees in her, and am still hoping they won’t actually end up together. But either way, likely won’t stick around to find out.

I'm confused. Did you at least read Volumes 5, 6, 7 and 8? Because that's Hime and Yano's Arc.

last edited at Sep 12, 2023 11:01PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ch 63
If that ending means that Sumika is going to try to get over Kanoko I think I will cheer. But it's ambiguous enough that it's not clear it means anything yet.

Ch 64
Oh fuck yes. Sumika doing what's necessary. God I hope they're not endgame and get back together later because this is the best decision Sumika has made lately. Kanoko still sucks of course and has learned nothing. Big surprise.

joined Feb 11, 2022

Chapter 64: Great, great chapter. I especially want to emphasize how much I liked the way the author handled Youko's assault through Mai and Nene's actions.

joined Feb 11, 2022

Chapter 67: After the somewhat ambiguous ending of the last chapter, I'm glad that we now know for sure that we're about to reach one of the most important moments in the series. I can't wait to see Hime's reaction to the confession and see how she will handle the situation afterwards.

I also wonder what will happen to Yano and what her role will be in everything to come.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Hopefully this volume is gonna be the resolution to a lot of things, I feel like this arc has gone too long now, despite me somewhat enjoying it, I miss the other characters focus.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I think Yano and Hime need to make progress first before Kanoko can confess her love to Hime. There's no need for them to become a couple or anything, just make Kanoko realize that Hime has changed too.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I think Yano and Hime need to make progress first before Kanoko can confess her love to Hime. There's no need for them to become a couple or anything, just make Kanoko realize that Hime has changed too.

I personally predicted that Hime and Mitsuki would get together first so we could see Kanoko's reaction. Then again, if Kanoko gets together with Sumika first and then becomes willing to support Hime and Mitsuki getting together, that would make sense, too.

Volume 12(Chapter 57-61) is out in English. There's a nice extra chapter in which Hime talks with Mitsuki about not knowing what's going on with Kanoko.

joined Feb 11, 2022

Volume 12(Chapter 57-61) is out in English. There's a nice extra chapter in which Hime talks with Mitsuki about not knowing what's going on with Kanoko.

The extra chapters are also being fan translated. I'm just telling you in case you didn't know, because Chapter 61.5 has been available in English for months.

I was skimming through Volume 10 and this part of Chapter 51 caught my attention, when Kanoko asks Sumika to start dating:

Fan translation: "Please go out with me. Please become my lover, and end your hate for romance."

Official: "Please go out with me. Please be my girlfriend... So I can stop hating romance."

I noticed that, too. That seems to be another pronoun-based mistranslation.

Kodansha already fixed this mistake, by the way. The new version of Volume 10 is out and has the correct translation of that dialogue ("Please be my girlfriend... So you can stop hating romance").

last edited at Apr 24, 2024 10:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.