Forum › PAX 2 discussion

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I thought the sequel would clear things up at least a little, but, nope, it just made things ten times more confusing. Who'd have thought... it's a shame since I actually thought PAX 1 could've been the start of something interesting. In the end, well, it looks like it went nowhere...

joined Apr 6, 2015

I think I understand the basic premise to this story but it's told in such an incoherent manner that the small important details are almost completely absent. Giving it a meh/10

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

Will there be a part 3 or was that it?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I guess that explained things a bit better, but it's still missing major parts of the story

Img_20170514_190258
joined May 17, 2017

so... in the end, they break up?

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

damn

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Damnit, it's that sort of replacement thing again! Whyyyyyyy! Kei.... (TT~TT)

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Made the world a favor and never try to make yuri again author-san, please.

joined Jan 8, 2014

The story is so ambiguous! Ugh!
But it was very arty in a way? I liked it

joined Apr 7, 2016

So...lemme get this straight. They were going out, but Sachi turned out to still have lingering feelings for an ex-boyfriend (who seemed to be much older, given that there was an image of him smoking). Kei figured this out and realized that she was just a rebound, so she ended things with Sachi. In the end, she decided that she "really does hate the smell of tobacco," which I'll take as her saying she hates relationships with anyone in general--man or woman--because she can't trust them.

What a sad story...Pax 1 seemed like it would go somewhere nice, but I guess not.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Made the world a favor and never try to make yuri again author-san, please.

This.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

man.....just....why? god i hate bullshit like this.

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

Honestly I feel like this was a well written angst story. If I were to guess Kei fell in love with the idea of Sachi. However Sachi was in some sort of relationship with an older male and was using Kei as a kind of comfort because something in the relationship between her and the man was strained. Either Sachis' age making him an adulterer, or he's having an affair. Kei realizes that Sachi is only using her after they become intimate and she realizes despite falling for Sachi, she was nothing more than a placeholder for her own frustration. So Kei attempted to change herself to suit Sachis' needs only to have gone to far and realized Sachi will never love her back. Hence why at the end Sachi thanks Kei for "keeping her distracted" but now Kei has become the thing she hates.

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

Honestly I feel like this was a well written angst story. If I were to guess Kei fell in love with the idea of Sachi. However Sachi was in some sort of relationship with an older male and was using Kei as a kind of comfort because something in the relationship between her and the man was strained. Either Sachis' age making him an adulterer, or he's having an affair. Kei realizes that Sachi is only using her after they become intimate and she realizes despite falling for Sachi, she was nothing more than a placeholder for her own frustration. So Kei attempted to change herself to suit Sachis' needs only to have gone to far and realized Sachi will never love her back. Hence why at the end Sachi thanks Kei for "keeping her distracted" but now Kei has become the thing she hates.

Whoaa man..... This sequel riddles me to death and your theory is the one I can vouch for.

joined Apr 25, 2017

Bruh.... what is this shit.... As some other comments said, author, never do yuri again. Make your het and keep us out of it. The story would also be better is kei was a man, cuz then it would make sense for him to be used as rebound or pent up stress

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

what the actual fuck is this ?!
it left nothing but bitter taste in my mouth

I'm not againts het or anything like that but , I'm here for yuri goddammit! I feel like being deceived facepalm

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I actually thought this was generally well written, but the "last-minute loser boyfriend reveal" trope should be put to rest.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 5:40AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

"Well written" is the last adjective I would give this series. It's so god damn incoherent for such a simple cliche plot. Nothing is explained and nothing is confirmed. Everything is so ambiguous that you can come up with 10 different interpretations and they would all be as equally plausible.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 5:53AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

"Well written" is the last adjective I would give this series. It's so god damn incoherent for such a simple cliche plot. Nothing is explained and nothing is confirmed. Everything is so ambiguous that you can come up with 10 different interpretations and they would all be as equally plausible.

I didn't read the first part yet, so maybe that one was a lot more muddled? I thought it was pretty clear that Kei is in love with Sachi who is in a relationship with an older man. Kei pierces her ear as a show of her feelings, and comforts Sachi while she's sick, but realizes that Sachi won't leave the boyfriend and is heartbroken, it's a bare bones plot, but did it really need more explanation? It's a mood piece if anything.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 6:16AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I didn't read the first part yet, so maybe that one was a lot more muddled? I thought it was pretty clear that Kei is in love with Sachi who is in a relationship with an older man. Kei pierces her ear as a show of her feelings, and comforts Sachi while she's sick, but realizes that Sachi won't leave the boyfriend and is heartbroken, it's a bare bones plot, but did it really need more explanation? It's a mood piece if anything.

Funny since so many people are assuming that Sachi's boyfriend broke up with her and using Kei as a rebound. And where does it say that they broke up in the end? Kei is even wearing Sachi's headphones on the last page. Is she wearing them and smoking to remind herself of Sachi or is she trying to change herself in order to "stay in Sachi's world"? Your guess is as good as mine because it's so poorly written.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 6:31AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Funny since so many people are assuming that Sachi's boyfriend broke up with her and using Kei as a rebound.

Does it really matter in this context? That interpretation makes a little more sense than mine so I'll go with it.

And where does it say that they broke up in the end?

I was making an inference. Kei, to the very last page, seems absolutely miserable and resigned to the idea that Sachi doesn't truly love her (whether or not this is the truth). Not everyone initiates a break in this situation, but my feeling is that Kei will.

Kei is even wearing Sachi's headphones on the last page. Is she wearing them and smoking to remind herself of Sachi or is she trying to change herself in order to "stay in Sachi's world"?

It could be either, but I don't believe that ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 6:58AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Does it really matter in this context? That interpretation makes a little more sense than mine so I'll go with it.

Of course it matters, it's a huge plot point that is completely left to interpretation.

I was making an inference. Kei, to the very last page, seems absolutely miserable and resigned to the idea that Sachi doesn't truly love her (whether or not this is the truth). Not everyone initiates a break in this situation, but my feeling is that Kei will.

Another thing left completely up to reader's interpretation because the writer couldn't convey the character's thoughts all that well. Kei feels like just a replacement but will that lead her to staying or leaving? We don't know, it doesn't show or tell us.

It could be either, but I don't believe that ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story.

Of course the ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story. Especially when almost every major detail is ambiguous. Why does Kei hate smoking so much and why does she associate it only with men? Is Sachi still dating the guy? Did Sachi ever even date the guy or was it a one sided crush? Why did Sachi vanish for three months and then show up like it was nothing? Where did she even go? Is Kei just a rebound or does Sachi actually love her? Do they actually break up or does Sachi finally feel like she can move on and keep on being with Kei? If the entire plot of the story is left up to individual interpretation then it's not well written.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 7:47AM

joined Apr 13, 2016

I don't know if i fully understand what happened. Or if anyone does for that matter. But i feel sad man. I like a good story and all even if not everyone ends up happy or whatever. But like i am ded because of this for some reason. :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not againts het or anything like that but , I'm here for yuri goddammit! I feel like being deceived facepalm

You do know they didn't write it for this site, right?

joined Jul 22, 2016

I dunno. The story was a mess, but I somehow still enjoyed it. The art was great at least. Sex not that great though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.