Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

Ava
joined Jul 12, 2017

One thing I really hate about Japan, is in their anime and manga about gay couples. Whether it be Yaoi or Yuri. There's always one who is submissive and a bottom and one who is a top and a Dom. Always. Not every gay couple is like that. It's a real stupid stereotype.

That's just a Japan thing in general, not just for gay couples. Japan is still very critical about respecting whoever is socially higher than you. Also, this is the entertainment industry we're talking about so exaggerated settings are normal. I also dislike the consistent use of the dom/sub structure but there're reasons it's always being used.

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 4:29AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

One thing I really hate about Japan, is in their anime and manga about gay couples. Whether it be Yaoi or Yuri. There's always one who is submissive and a bottom and one who is a top and a Dom. Always. Not every gay couple is like that. It's a real stupid stereotype.

Not every LGBT+ manga is like that.

Are you going to tell me that in Bloom Into You has a top and bottom couple or dom/sub couple? Because if so I couldn't disagree with you more. TANKOBU is a short story with two equally aggressive girls. Cotton Candy is a short story about two girls figuring out their sexuality, and realizing the opinions of the public shouldn't impact their relationship. Most of Milk Morinaga's works don't have a top or a bottom. There's a boat load of yuri out there that doesn't do that, I could spend a long time finding many yuri manga that proves your there's "always" a top and a bottom or dom/sub comment isn't true.

Also why do people so often single out "hating" Japan? In every country and culture there's people that enjoy power play, both LGBT+ and Hetero. Lots of authors and readers like someone that takes control of things and knows how to be in charge, while also making their partner feel safe. It's one of the most popular dynamics in romance stories I'd agree at least with that, I'd say it's not a bad dynamic however and it can add some really fun spice to the story. One of the best (in my opinion) comics focusing on a lesbian couple "Sunstone" is about a dom/sub couple. Are you going to start hating Croatia? Because that's where that author is from.

It's fine if you hate this manga, I hope you find something you enjoy more. Those of us that do enjoy it are going to keep doing so however.

Edit: Also there's a lot of relationships in stories and IRL where someone has more sexual knowledge than their partner, they can in general lead the sexual encounter. I think that's completely normal and natural. I know there's manga where a woman discovers and comes into her sexuality while falling in love with a woman who has more experience with dating women, so there can be that dynamic. I wouldn't necessarily call any of these a "top/bottom - dom/sub" relationship.

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 5:59AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohh lord she a Maso..well at least now sye can get bitten every now and then( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hope she return the favor of biting back~ and the other one sure is protective already for her girl~ scarying those girl lol

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 6:47AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Nothing screams "I love you" more than a leaping roundhouse kick after getting challenged to a fight in the hallway in the middle of class.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Finally these 2 Airheads are back

joined Jul 26, 2016

Nothing screams "I love you" more than a leaping roundhouse kick after getting challenged to a fight in the hallway in the middle of class.

Best. Classrep. Ever.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

I hate the bisexual storys but i will make an exception with this

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

hot take: Saori is actually parallel universe slightly older Shirai Kuroko

... You know, she does bear some resemblance. So who's the Misaka Mikoto, then?

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

"They took it out in the hall"
Shot of roundhouse kicking the delinquent

Main couple is sweet as candy and all, but Imouto's adventures with the delinquent seems a lotta fun. Nice job on releasing both back to back.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I think the imouto couple actually works better with those rare snippets than as a main focus. It'd lose something if it were too developed; I just want those little outtakes of their relationship.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Ain't that sweet

joined Jun 30, 2016

She defended the imouto! even though the imouto can kick both of those bitches asses in a flash.

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 12:23PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Domesticated Nakano.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

the panel of the fight in the hall is just perfect

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Shizuku is confusing the power dynamic a bit... though really, it's more like that one comic with the two yanderes x3

joined Jul 26, 2016

She defended the imouto! even though the imouto can kick both of those bitches asses in a flash.

It's the thought that counts! Plus "Scaring Mundies" is her class skill, gotta try to protect that niche despite her party leader being an overspecced OP AS PHUCK mofo... :3

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I re-read everything from the beginning, and the drama part feels a bit more natural that way, not as rushed or out of place as it did at first.
It also reminded me just how much I like Minami's tattoos. That shot of her bare back in chapter 1, wow.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Saori really is best sister.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Btw:
Iori's sister is in first year of high school apparently (based on her conversation with Shizuku's the deliquent). Shizuku repeat a year, but does not look like she is younger than Minami much. So my question is... did Shizuku repeat classes a lot of time , or is Minami even younger than the given 18?

I'm trying to find out where's the part when they mentioned Iori's sister is a first year.

And why Iori thought that it was a crime if she is in a relationship with an 18 years old girl?

Technically the age of consent in JP is 13, but many places (like Tokyo) have their own age set to 16-18. It is also "illegal to engage in sexual activities with partners who are below this age unless a parent approves of the romantic relationship"
Also their age of adulthood used to be 20 before being lowered this year. So if Minami is 18 and Iori doesn't have her parents' permission...

I know I'm late to the party here, but there's an important clarification to this: It is a -federal- crime if they are under 14. But that doesn't mean 14 is legal, because the Japanese government leaves it to the municipalities to decide their ages of consent, and 14 is basically not legal to consent anywhere in Japan. (There are places where the parents can consent for the child, which is a different kind of fucked up, but that aside) I see this misunderstood all the time (and I realize you didn't say otherwise)

In some places, the age of consent is set to 16, 18, or even higher. Obviously wherever Iori lives, Minami is not legal, hence she has to be careful how she interacts with people, because their relationship is legally tenuous.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Also watching the two tsunderes flirt with each other is amazing.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Sometime, love really can spout out from mutual physical activities ...

.. like kicking each other ass in the hallway during class.

Such a beautiful thing

last edited at Jan 14, 2019 12:26AM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

My impression is that Iori's sister is in her final year of high school since it is also Shizuku's final year. (They are in the same class together).

joined Feb 15, 2013

My impression is that Iori's sister is in her final year of high school since it is also Shizuku's final year. (They are in the same class together).

My assumption is they are both 1st year (assuming the author is consistent here). Because when Shizuku mentioned that it was her first time wearing uniform, Saori asked her 'what's about middle school'.

Saori has been delivering school note to Shizuku for only half of a year. So if they are in final year, Saori will likely to ask her 'what is about last two years' or something similar.

Not to mention if she didn't wear any uniform since leaving correctional facility (aka not going to school), she can't pass 1st year of high school anyway. The teacher also won't need to send Saori there every week if the student didn't even turn up in the last 2 years

Hence here I calls shotgun on Minami being 16 and only faked her ID so she can work in the bar

last edited at Jan 14, 2019 12:41AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I re-read everything from the beginning, and the drama part feels a bit more natural that way, not as rushed or out of place as it did at first.

Inspired by you, I did too, and I agree—everything happens at a pretty fast pace in this one, but it no longer felt like watching a TV show where somebody suddenly changed channels. Once you know where the story is heading, it seems like it’s more of a piece—there are different tones at various points, sure, but not like the mangaka suddenly decided to switch genres entirely.

last edited at Jan 14, 2019 12:39AM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Inspired by you, I did too, and I agree—everything happens at a pretty fast pace in this one, but it no longer felt like watching a TV show where somebody suddenly changed channels. Once you know where the story is heading, it seems like it’s more of a piece—there are different tones at various points, sure, but not like the mangaka suddenly decided to switch genres entirely.

With how fast shit hits the fan in real life (at least in mine) it always kinda felt natural to me. Honestly tho it only felt weird when the little sister was able to stand up to the new delinquent and I'm willing to give it a pass for just being fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.