Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

me finishing this chapter

Awww... that was a cute chapter! [...] Alright, now let's see what other people thought of it!

checks the discussion

Um...... the hell did I just walk in on?

Pretty much the same here...

So, yeah, I just throw my own two to four cents in there:

1. Kase double-taking on Yamada in Yukata with her hair up (first time she's seen her like this - she looks more grown up that way - Kase took a second to recognize her widdle seedling turned beautiful, blossoming flower XD) had me giggle~

2. It's being brought up that until high school Yamada's parents haven't let the girl out of the house after nightfall.
    Which IMO ties into Kase's supposed "possessiveness" here.
    Yeah, Kase's insecure ... but she also knows Yamada and her abilities and lack thereof very well.
    It's not about not trusting Yamada - it's about Yamada's naivity and getting into trouble socially for being incapable of voicing her own desires, and especially saying "no" (to strangers) - despite Yamada working on it, but tending to bite off more than she can swallow...
    Smexy Yamada may attract even more undesired attention (especially in a bigger city, compared to their hometown), so Kase warning Yamada off wearing a Yukata in Tokyo is far from unwarranted. ...especially with the history of the story proving that point.
    It may come off as weird in individual chapters, but makes perfect sense in the story as a whole.

3. In Japan, school holidays take place from late March to early April, from the late July until early September (around 40 days / 5-6 weeks), and over the Christmas and New Year period from December 24 to January 7. Additionally there is a full holiday week in May called "Golden Week."
    So, an occassional (or on - selective? - universities?) 7 weeks summer break basically breaks the record.

4. Kase's thirst - like the deserts miss the rain...

last edited at Oct 6, 2019 5:10PM

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

I must say Kase carrying Yamada was so adorable!! ^////^ :333

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm really hooked on the Kase-san ending song. I hadn't watched the ova until now... SO GOOD.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah the OVA is beautiful and romantic! ^///^

joined Feb 15, 2019

I'm really hooked on the Kase-san ending song. I hadn't watched the ova until now... SO GOOD.

Yes! I keep hoping one of the YouTube artists will do an english cover.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Does the english dub have that song at the end in english?

joined Apr 17, 2018

The latest update from Wings mentioning a new chapter released on the 28th of October titled Tapioca and Kase-san
https://twitter.com/Wings_Official/status/1187672448767909888

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yay! :DDDDD

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

where online can i watch the dub?

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

OMG the dub is so adorable and romantic I love it!! ^////^ omg it made me blush and tear up just like the original -////-

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

If anyone here is from Mexico, the OVA will have a limited release at Mexican theaters next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsEzBQXNwPk&feature=emb_title

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

My my... What a very convenient coincidence there at the end.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

These two really do suck at communicating.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

These two really do suck at communicating.

...I think, that's an established fact by now. But I do love Kase trying to evolve by doing the first step (and leaning all over the table to position herself in Yamada's view), reading Yamada, not coming to wrong conclusions but the proper ones in a timely manner and adressing the issue.

Another detail, it seems Kase was just about to text Yamada when she walked up to the other group.

..so, yeah, I think, Kase finally learned a widdle lesson and is actually evolving her own relationship-communication skills. Slowly, but steadily.

What can we expect for the next chapter? The girls sneaking out at night to meet up for some handholding ?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

SEX TRIP!

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Just what is tapioca for them? Cus' here we have tapioca, but we don't drink it.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just what is tapioca for them? Cus' here we have tapioca, but we don't drink it.

To be more specific, it's milk bubble tea with tapioca pearls. Given Japan's obsession with four syllable abbreviation, I'm guessing they just call it "tapioca" to keep it simple.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yamada is insecure, it must be a weekday. Or a weekend. Still, they're cute.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t quite get Yamada’s reaction on page 6.

Hana-chan didn’t go home but stayed at school and tended the school’s vegetable gardens (hence the surplus vegs). Yamada spaces out and thinks, “I want to take her place!” “No.1 most desired job.”

What job—tending the fields? It seems to have been voluntary on Hana-chan’s part, i.e., not an assigned “job” at all, and Yamada could do it if she wanted to, right?

No big deal, just kind of a confusing response to Hana saying that she didn’t want to go back home for the summer break.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Having stayed in that sort of Showa-era ryokan before, they are super nice. Well, I have different standards of comfort which boil down to "tatami and a Japanese breakfast" but still I wouldn't underestimate how great those places are. I stayed at places like that when I walked the Kumano Kodo. A big step up from capsule hotels.

Regular hotels are fancier but not any more comfortable and rarely as memorable. Plus usually they don't have a Japanese breakfast. I would stay in those ryokan over a normal 4 star hotel any day.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As established in YtK ch4, Yamada is in total awe of Hana coming from a family of flower farmers. Basically, she's the biggest gardening dork you'll ever see in manga.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Here are some suggestions for you Yamada:

1. Buy your girlfriend some quality sunblock and tell her to use the stuff you bought instead of borrowing stuff from her roommate.
  2. Tell her when you're going to come see her.
  3. Realize that when she's working as a waitress, she doesn't have control over what the customers do. Sure, if she was and experienced waitress she might be able to handle that many girls wanting selfies with her, but she isn't and she doesn't know what the limits of the old saying "the customer is always right" are. They're just taking pictures, not kissing her or even asking her out on dates, and if they did, she would turn them down.
  4. After all these years, you have to realize that she LOVES YOU! Didn't her embarrassing behavior at your ill-advised foray into group dating prove that, yet again?
  5. TALK TO HER ABOUT WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU instead of bottling it up!
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As established in YtK ch4, Yamada is in total awe of Hana coming from a family of flower farmers. Basically, she's the biggest gardening dork you'll ever see in manga.

Yeah, I remember that—It was just that “I want to take her place!” didn’t seem quite the same as “I want to be like her!”, although it could be taken that way.

It was the “job” part that seemed a little off (as well as Yamada’s quick recovery from the extreme reaction).

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yeah, I remember that—It was just that “I want to take her place!” didn’t seem quite the same as “I want to be like her!”, although it could be taken that way.

It was the “job” part that seemed a little off (as well as Yamada’s quick recovery from the extreme reaction).

tl;dr Hana didn't want to spend her summer doing gardening at her family's place. Yamada REALLY wanted to.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Here are some suggestions for you Yamada:

1. Buy your girlfriend some quality sunblock and tell her to use the stuff you bought instead of borrowing stuff from her roommate.
  2. Tell her when you're going to come see her.
  3. Realize that when she's working as a waitress, she doesn't have control over what the customers do. Sure, if she was and experienced waitress she might be able to handle that many girls wanting selfies with her, but she isn't and she doesn't know what the limits of the old saying "the customer is always right" are. They're just taking pictures, not kissing her or even asking her out on dates, and if they did, she would turn them down.
  4. After all these years, you have to realize that she LOVES YOU! Didn't her embarrassing behavior at your ill-advised foray into group dating prove that, yet again?
  5. TALK TO HER ABOUT WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU instead of bottling it up!

When will like buttons become a thing on this site?

To reply you must either login or sign up.