Forum › Goblin Is Very Strong discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That scorpion gives no fucks and just stabs people though. How did it even survive the room freeze? Probably sheer bad attitude.

That scorpion is actually the True Final Boss of the game, making an Early Bird Cameo.

What right does Granite have to suddenly start kicking so much ass? :-/

All of the rights

Amen. :D You know, I shipped Aki x Goblin before this chapter, but now I'm fully onboard with Granite x Aki and Goblin x Mimit...

last edited at May 3, 2018 2:31PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahaha that was kind of amazing, Granite taking that fire mage RP as far as she can. This series continues to deliver.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

I am finally no longer salty over that cliffhanger. It was totally worth it.

joined Jun 30, 2015

That kick though... Oof

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Rereading this arc, it's interesting to note that Granite's brief explanation of why she hates ice magic fits with an earlier comment about how she prefers things to be absolute; when she kills an enemy, she wants the satisfaction of seeing them cease to exist.

Also, I'm wondering what she'll do after this. It seems obvious she hasn't resigned herself to always using ice magic, but there's no reason to believe that she'll be any more capable of using fire magic than before.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Granite just needs to learn to properly shatter the ice into a million pieces. I've always found that satisfying in games.

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh. Hell. Yeah. That. Was. Awesome.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

lmao, Granite not letting Goblin steal her moment. But to think she never used her main element just because she hated it. What a badass.

joined Aug 10, 2016

BGM fitting the mood: "I can not go home unless I sell some matches~ ♫♪ "

Little Matchstick Girl reference at the best possible time, if not extremely morbid

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

BGM fitting the mood: "I can not go home unless I sell some matches~ ♫♪ "

Little Matchstick Girl reference at the best possible time, if not extremely morbid

and fits the ice and fire theme ironically

joined Jul 26, 2016

That scorpion is actually the True Final Boss of the game, making an Early Bird Cameo.

Oi. Blank spoilers out properly, now you dun gone ruined the suspense. D:

Also, I'm wondering what she'll do after this. It seems obvious she hasn't resigned herself to always using ice magic, but there's no reason to believe that she'll be any more capable of using fire magic than before.

Goes back to being bad at fire magic on principle, I'd imagine. Not like her preferences seem to have changed any. Only now the others know she has this up her (HUEG) sleeve in a tight spot. In case of emergency GET NAKED

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Goes back to being bad at fire magic on principle, I'd imagine. Not like her preferences seem to have changed any. Only now the others know she has this up her (HUEG) sleeve in a tight spot. In case of emergency GET NAKED

The thing is, it's been established that her problem now goes beyond simply being bad at fire magic, to being physically incapable of using fire magic stably. And as it's been described, it doesn't seem like this is something she can overcome just through training and guts.

joined Jun 30, 2015

The thing is, it's been established that her problem now goes beyond simply being bad at fire magic, to being physically incapable of using fire magic stably. And as it's been described, it doesn't seem like this is something she can overcome just through training and guts.

Also the whole thing about Granite Frost watching her dream, of becoming a fire mage, metaphorically go up in smoke in the previous chapter as she resolves herself to going back to using the ice magic she hates so much.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/goblin_is_very_strong_ch13#14

*Fire sputtering and weakening
"My dream is to become a top fire mage!"
*Fire dies
*Strip time

Edit; Also the matchstick staff looks like a gigantic matchstick.

last edited at May 2, 2018 4:21PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I suppose buying a flamethrower is the Plan B.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Talking is a free action in this system, apparently.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oi. Blank spoilers out properly, now you dun gone ruined the suspense. D:

My bad, sorry. :-(

Talking is a free action in this system, apparently.

It is as it should be.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Well, I guess that explains the whole icicle spell from chapter 2: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/goblin_is_very_strong_ch02#10

joined Jul 26, 2016

...what the hell's with the physical attack commands tho, did she dip into Luchadore on the side or something?
(inb4 that's Icicle Fall - Easy -)

joined Feb 7, 2013

Also the whole thing about Granite Frost watching her dream, of becoming a fire mage, metaphorically go up in smoke in the previous chapter as she resolves herself to going back to using the ice magic she hates so much.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/goblin_is_very_strong_ch14#10

... You have no idea. Scenery so cold it is very difficult to even keep a fire lit.

We can also speculate on her reasons for wanting fire magic. Given it was strongly implied she was a 'wild child' of the people that rule ice, and those two panels, could imply that she came from a frozen land and probably went through some hardship there.

So fire would have some special significance to her original culture, perhaps as a metaphorical source of life.

Or perhaps even though her background meant she was ridiculously strong in ice magic, her meagre talent in fire allowed her to survive those conditions, so she has an attachment to its value.

Either way, it gives her Little Match Girl staff a much darker tone. (not that little match girl wasn't a depressing enough story)

last edited at May 6, 2018 12:46PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Or perhaps even though her background meant she was ridiculously strong in ice magic, her meagre talent in fire allowed her to survive those conditions, so she has an attachment to its value.

The implication seems to be that her people in general have an affinity for ice magic and conversely suck at fire; not that real people need either to survive in the polar latitudes anyway, just appropriately warm clothing and housing designs...

We may also observe that her gear apparently specifically augments fire magic and she ditched it as excess baggage when she decided to tap onto her ice spells; by all appearances she's the being in the room least affected by whatever lethal cold field she conjured up despite having stripped down to her skivvies.
Seems logical enough that mastery of ice magic would also include protecting yourself from the selfsame cold, in much the same way as the fire demon is functionally immune to flame in all its forms.

joined Feb 7, 2013

Ah. That's true.

I had assumed that was a no-friendly-fire sort of thing. But then I noticed she must have specifically given Aki the Matchstick Staff for that reason.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A gayer chapter, for once.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Wow this chapter was unexpected. Now we just need a similar one between Aki and Granite...

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 10:47PM

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Awwww, that end though
The effect had Her TwT

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Well that sure got lewd quickly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.