Forum › Posts by Teddscau

joined Aug 12, 2013

Okay, my time to shine! As someone who's adopted 19 rescues over the years, I know a thing or two about birbs (parrots). I know this has already been stated by others, but...

Touching a bird anywhere besides the beak, neck, or head sexually stimulates them. Only their mates will touch them elsewhere, and touching their back is especially stimulating since the only time they typically feel pressure on their backs is when they're being mounted. So, when you see someone touching a bird somewhere besides their head, it's freaking creepy.

Breeding behaviour, as stated by others, is strongly influenced by photoperiod. For this reason, I only have the lights on in my indoor aviary for 10 hours per day. One of the birds I adopted was a chronic egg layer, and she's only laid an egg once since coming to live with me, thanks to my strict light restrictions and not providing my birds with any potential nesting spots. Laying eggs is not only dangerous due to the potential for egg binding (i.e., the egg becomes stuck inside their body, which is often deadly), but also due to the fact that it can lead to mineral deficiencies as it requires a good amount of calcium, etc., to form egg shells. This is one of the reasons egg laying hens on factory farms are slaughtered after only a year. They're forced to lay an egg nearly everyday which is extremely taxing on their bodies, resulting in them becoming "spent" before their second birthday, meaning they'll be slaughtered and turned into low-quality animal feed while they're still extremely young.

As for crows, they're great people, but they can be nasty to other species. Crows are known for mobbing other animals, including ground predators such as foxes, and often go for the eyes. This is one of the reasons it's important to never leave your companion birds alone outside unattended, even when they're in a cage. There's been numerous instances when someone's taken their budgies (or other parrots) outside in their cage, left them alone for just a minute to grab something, only to come back and find them being viciously attacked through the bars of their cage by corvids. Corvids (especially magpies) are known for attacking pedestrians, typically going for the eyes. In some instances, humans have actually had their eyes gouged by corvids, resulting in full or partial blindness.

Oh, and I HATE the smell of birds. Parrots have this sickeningly sweet smell to them. My parrotlet, Noah, has a bit of a musk to him as well.

last edited at Oct 4, 2020 10:07AM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

"My daughter got full of herself and attacked my nipples further, pulling the tufts of hair at the base of my breasts like they were noodle dough."

Da fuq?

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Okay, asking the hard questions here. If succubus existed IRL, and there were little succubus girls, how would the law deal with their, uh, feeding habits?

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

We seriously need some next level warning tags for shit like this. Something along the lines of guro or if that doesn't quite fit then graphic mutilation. This along with a couple of other recent uploads were beyond the sort of thing you would expect under tags like BDSM. Seriously, I think I need eye bleach and all the stores are sold out due to the damn corona virus.

Or maybe NSFL or kink gone wrong.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Ahh, yes. The Njoy Pure Wand and Njoy Eleven. Clover clearly knows their toys.

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Okay, there's this...interesting...show I just discovered. I can't seem to find any information about it, except for a few videos of the show itself. I guess it's an advertisement of sorts. Any clue what it's called (besides "Non-Human Specials")?

https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Non-human-Specials/Episode-001?id=156581&s=default

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 12:52AM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Man, the office setting with the demons really reminds me of Ugly Americans. Man, what a great, short-lived series.

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Well, I guess that explains the whole icicle spell from chapter 2: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/goblin_is_very_strong_ch02#10

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

So...incest confirmed?

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Ooh, yay! I've been having a sucky month, and now I have something to look forward to :D

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Teddscau Pffft! Don't really get mad, boy/sis. You do know that everything has their own Likes & Dislikes, right? You will reach out of nowhere if you keep doing that. Welp, there's some people that probably hear you, though. So, don't really into it.

Come at me, bruh! ;p

Eww, know what's freaking creepy guys? I looked up this manga on google to see if any other chapter were out, and the results were so messed up! Apparently, a ton of people think they're succubi! >_<

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

What's with all the hate for this series? I thoroughly enjoyed the first chapter. Everything seemed sincere. Fanservice? The first chapter in the majority of manga are filled with fanservice and various tropes. It's to lure readers in. Plus, I don't see this as fanservice. I see it as a way to to reinforce in the minds of the other characters that the MC really is a succubus. It would be naive of them if they just went along with the idea that she was a succubus just because she said she was a succubus (and has large boobs).

The proportions and art style is fine. Also, the characters are unoriginal? The author had to pick species that the reader would be somewhat familiar with. I mean s/he could have gone with invunche, catoblepas, tokoloshe, or blemmyes, but that would've been weird. Or, even better, they could've gone with vampires, werewolves...can't think of any other stereotypical fellas right now. Zombies? Let's be honest: when was the last time you saw a Sheep-chan or a Plant-chan?

If y'all don't like this manga, don't read it. Monster girl yuri is far and few between, so just be greatful that this thing seems at least somewhat fleshed out. Furthermore, MC has big boobs so the other characters will think that she's the succubus that those rumours are about.

All the trash that's being said about this series can be applied to Virgins' Empire and many other series. The art style of Virgins' Empire is quite hideous in my opinion. However, I never said anything about it until now because I know a lot of people like that series, and I don't want to rain on their parade.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 12:28PM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

"Look at how many nipples she has..."

Teddscau
Nukoduke! discussion 17 Jun 20:42
joined Aug 12, 2013

Hey, you guys realize there's an anime of this, eh? Well, not of this manga, but it's basically identical. It's called "Nyanko Days". I just noticed it today while browsing Crunchyroll.

joined Aug 12, 2013

OCTOPUSES ARE SO SENSIBLE THAT THEY CAN FEEL PAIN A LOT OF TIMES MORE WORST THAN HUMANS

Not that I think eating a creature who has Theory Of Mind (although the jury is still out on the matter) is a good thing, but how in the hell do you even quantify that? I have doubts.

I like squid better anyway.

I think it's because their tentacles are about ten times more sensitive to touch than human fingers are, so it goes to show they'd feel pain much more clearly than we do. Don't quote me on this though, my memory is lacking :P

Mmm, pretty certain in humans at least pain and touch are handled by different neural pathways, even though they utilize the same nerves. So how sensitive they are to touch doesn't mean they're more sensitive to pain, it depends a lot on how their neural pathways interpret it. Given an octopus can pretty easily regrow an arm, it seems likely they have a different relationship to amputation pain than mammals.

Either way, octopuses DO feel pain. Boiling or chopping up a live octopus is just as cruel as doing the same to a puppy, lobster, fish, bird, or a human. Yes, even crustaceans feel pain. They also experience pain, excitement, and happiness. It's an established fact.

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/how-an-octopus-feels-when-its-eaten-alive

EDIT*
Fudge, I didn't read the chapter until just now! I know this is fiction, but that octopus would have been absolutely terrified and in extreme pain! That's just messed up.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 3:54PM

joined Aug 12, 2013

Cooking roast beef in Japan sounds complicated. I'm pretty sure you can just toss the roast in a roasting pan with chunks of potatoes, carrots, onions, etc., add some water (I think), cover with the lid, and cook it in the oven. After it's done, put the veggies in a bowl for serving, put the roast on a serving plate thingy, and add salt, pepper, flour, and perhaps a bit of onion soup powder to the juices in the pan to make gravy.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Well, now i feel lazy, i just cut the potato into thin-ish circle-ish slices, fry those in whatever oil is in the house, thin cover them in salt and ketchup.

Lazy? I just fry up frozen hash browns with garlic powder and Earth Balance vegan butter.

Teddscau
Yurumon discussion 07 Jan 17:49
joined Aug 12, 2013

Surprised Akari didn't get a Pikachu.

I know right? You're think that would be the right choice.

I was thinking the exact same thing as you guys, but when it comes down to it, I think that's what the author was counting on, right? We assume Akari gets a Pikachu, but her lack of presence is so intense that she's just not interesting enough to get a Pikachu. So instead she gets Rattata, one of the plainest Pokemon (albeit one that I think is really cool!) in existence.

Now now, Raticate is one of the strongest pokemon in Gen I, isn't it? Wait, could it learn Super Fang in Red? I only have Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, White, White 2, X, and Omega Ruby (or was it Alpha Sapphire?), so I wouldn't know.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 5:49PM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

THE FUDGE! Am I too late to comment? Lazy slags :P. Anyone here read both Japanese and English?

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Well, the art isn't the best, HOWEVER, it's still better than most of us could do. I have a feeling the artist will polish her skills over the following chapters, so we can look forward to that. I don't even think the art's bad, it's just that it seems to be lacking something.

This is going to be exactly like Fifty Shades of Grey, but actually good and without penises. So, I guess it's not going to be anything like that book :P. Has anyone actually read the books? I haven't.

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Wow, these are great suggestions! I can't wait to watch them :3. Oh, and I don't think I knew Ghost Hunt was also a manga. The anime was pretty decent, so I'll definitely be reading the manga.

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Wow, I'm loving all the replies guys :).

I'm not a wimp when it comes to horror, but when it comes to sad stuff... I'm not really afraid of anything. I love all animals, including bats, rodents, snakes, and spiders. I guess I am afraid of loud noises, sudden movement, and my reflection at night. Seeing yourself in the mirror in the dark is terrifying >_<. Your features really become distorted.

I've seen Jaws, Jurassic Park, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Child's Play, etc., but I didn't find them scary. I found them more suspenseful than anything. I really like Silent Hill, The Purge, and Sinister.

Nezchan, you should watch "In the Flesh" for wimp-friendly zombies. Nobody gets their faces eaten in it.

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 8:05PM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

No, no animals can die in the show! If, however, the person who is friends with said animal brutally murders the animal-killer, that's fine.

Perfect Blue and Paprika sound kind of interesting, so I'll definitely be checking them out. I'm a little iffy on the art style in Perfect Blue, but we'll see how it goes.

I've watched Ghost Hunt, and it was very good. That arc with the little ghost child at the catholic orphanage was kind of sad, though.

I'll have to look up Mushi-shi and the others you suggested. Not sure if I could handle Berserk, as none commented.

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Yes. Yes it is. Um, how about ones where a random person is killed, and we don't really care since we don't know them? Like on Criminal Minds. Or Jaws. Like how on Another, it's sad that the people are killed, but we don't get too hung up on it because we don't really know them.

I guess if the anime or manga ends on a happy note, I'll be fine. I mean, Hachi, I Am Legend, etc., do NOT have good endings. Yes, the dog gets to see his human again before, you know. That's not happy. That just makes it worse. Or in I Am Legend, how SPOILER ALERT the woman and her kid find that community of survivors. I mean, the freaking dog dies! This is the dog that his daughter gave him to look after right before their helicopter goes down! And he has to strangle the dog to death! Holy cow!

Oh, thanks OriginalGengar. I know those anime weren't really horror, but those were the closest I could think of that could be called "horror."

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 7:39PM

Teddscau
joined Aug 12, 2013

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a good horror anime to watch. It doesn't have to be "horror", persay. It could be just unsettling, creepy, or disturbing. I also don't want to watch anything too depressing or sad. For example, the first time I watched UP!, I cried my eyes out the whole time. Or how I just ended up really sad and depressed after watching Corpse Party. Not only does everyone die, but the girl's mom thinks her daughter's just gone nuts! Oh, and I loved The Sixth Sense, but it was just too sad! Everyone finds that movie creepy, but I just find it too emotional. I still cry when I think about that movie :(.

I've read most of Shin Sekai Yori, and I really liked it, along with Murcielago. I also loved Canaan, Another, and Attack on Titan. I tried out PsychoPass, but I couldn't get into it. I mean, great premiss, but poor execution. I also watched several episodes of Death Note, but I just found the MC to be too much of an asshole. I mean, when he had that woman kill herself I sort of freaked out.

I'm also watching School Live! and that one anime about how God abandoned humans, and now they can't die. The only way people can pass on is with the help of a gravedigger, or whatever. I'll admit I bawled my eyes out for both those shows, too.