Forum › Shimanami Tasogare discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What the fuck is anonymus.. Maybe god?

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

For once i trought she was actually a sort of hallucination shared by all in the house for all we knew at the start.
I do wonder if those reality breaks like her walking around in the air are real or still hallucination or just fucking imaginations

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 12:26PM

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Misora too qt

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I felt a bit like in that final scene, that while Anonymous was saying that all these things could be who they are, they were just building s cocoon around themselves. That none of them actually represented Anonymous, but they were using it as a kind of barrier to defend themself from the outside world.

joined Apr 26, 2016

I wonder if Misora is still a trans girl
I am also pretty sure Anonymous is genderfluid

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

They're whatever you want them to be.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

tasuku’s just kinda come to accept that anonymous has powers of levitation now lol

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This is just my interpretation, but I think Anonymous is supposed to represent the limits of our ability to understand other people. The point isn't that we have to totally understand everything about everyone, we just have to be able to accept them even if we don't understand them, and not try to force them to be something else. And as shown with Misora and Touma, a lot of the time people don't even really understand themselves. I think that this is a super important theme of this manga, and a really good point to make today when LGBT acceptance is increasing. Some people (e.g. Touma's dad) are just homophobic, but Koyama is an example of a character who wants to support queer people but tries too hard to inject herself into other people's lives. While outright homophobia and transphobia is obviously wrong, a certain kind of misguided progressive attitude can also lead people to treat queer people like trophies. Anonymous doesn't just represent an asexual or agender person, but in a way kind of represents all queer people: she defies others' abilities to try and fit her into a category for their own comfort, but if you accept that, she can be a great friend.

I'm not suggesting that you should never try to understand people. I just think that the pressure to understand people and the pressure to fit an identity can both lead to the exact opposite of their desired outcome. But yeah, I don't really get the whole flying thing.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This manga is really good. I've never read a manga with such great understanding of the lgbt community so I commend the author for that. I binged it all today and im so glad I gave it a chance because I rarely ever read yaoi. But it was more than just yaoi and focused on a lot of these great characters and their circumstances. I need more of this and more tissues as well.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Ouch the last page, this isn't good.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

GUESS I'LL JUST CRY ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Oh man, this chapter was good, but seems like the next chapter will be a pretty sad one. =[

Indeed. Unfortunately it was just a matter of time :(

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Oh man, this chapter was good, but seems like the next chapter will be a pretty sad one. =[

Indeed. Unfortunately it was just a matter of time :(

knowing this manga though i would guess it will get a positive spin to it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Whelp it looks like a sandstorm is on it's way, I suppose it will be a real humdinger

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I’m happy to see tsubaki and tasuku developing well as characters, but I’m kind of dreading the next chapter now...

I used carry around acetone in my backpack to get rid of graffiti like that :,)

last edited at May 10, 2018 8:50PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Augh, dammit. I knew it was going to happen during the wedding. I was hoping they wouldn't go with that, but no such luck.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I knew something would happen since he postponed his visit, gosh it had to happen on the worst day possible

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

GUESS I'LL JUST CRY ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'll cry with you (;へ:)

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

things like that are very common in my country.
Life is for sadness and suffering...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I found out what I think is a little off with this.

As much as it portrays various realistic LGBT situations, all the people involved are like ideals.

The lesbian couple is gorgeous, Misora is cute as a button, whether as a boy or as a girl, Touma and Tasuku are handsome, the transgender man looks like a handsome man, Anonymous is bewitchingly ambiguous, even the older gay couple looks nice.

As if average (or even ugly) looking LGBT people don't exist. Lesbians are all lipstick lesbians. LGBT people are all nice people who'd never hurt anyone, cross-dressers are perfect looking and puberty has no effect yet. This manga painfully tries to portray LGBT (or every variation of it) as beautiful, inside and outside, people, nice, caring, struggling within an hostile society, but becoming better for it, etc, etc...

That's cool and all, but pretty unrealistic. Gays and lesbians can be nasty, unhinged, manipulative, cheating, average, butch, imperfect. Like everyone else.

This manga idealizes us a bit, so I actually can't take it really seriously because it doesn't match reality that much. And I find it counter productive at some point. It's cool to be supportive and sensitive, but come on: lesbian bitches and nasty gays exist. We are people too, not gods.

last edited at May 12, 2018 4:45AM

Jpeg_20180325_185215
joined Apr 10, 2018

Probably one of the best LGBT manga I have ever read. The art and representation is fantastic

joined Apr 26, 2016

Fuck. Aside Misora rock it trans pride bby

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

@Nya-chan

Everyone tends to be good-looking in manga so I'm not sure that's useful criticism.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

@Nya-chan

Everyone tends to be good-looking in manga so I'm not sure that's useful criticism.

I don't think you read my post attentively. It's not only about being good looking. it's okay, author rarely draw ugly people, unless it's to make a point.

But here, LGBTx people are all "good people" too. They got issues, of course, but I've yet to see a petty, bitchy, or jealous one here. For all intent and purpose, the "bad people" are the straight/normie ones.

It's the reverse trope of the "crazy lesbian", where gay characters are portrayed as outrageous or insane. Here, I find all those nice and flowery people creepy and disconnected from reality.

last edited at May 15, 2018 9:28AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

But here, LGBTx people are all "good people" too. They got issues, of course, but I've yet to see a petty, bitchy, or jealous one here.

Because maybe, author want to write about good people? It is a story about place for all people who can't fit anywhere else and can be themselves there. It wouldn't make sense if they would just let join assholes there, only because they are LGBT too.

Also while your comment about portraying different kinds of people, good and bad, to make it more realistic is valid, author is not obligated to do it. They write the story they want to tell, not the story that people can say is exactly like our real life. Sadly I do agree you are nitpicking in this case.

To reply you must either login or sign up.