Forum › Citrus discussion

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

A promo from this month's Yuri Hime magazine confirms that Citrus + spinoff will start next month in December.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I know I'm woefully late to the party, but this special was so cute and happy and Citrus-y, that I could just barely handle it. And then I read some comments of y'all, and some of them made me laugh more than the Q&A at the beginning of the special. Also, since Harumi cought one of the bouquets, I'm willing to bet that we may finally see HaruMatsu becoming canon.

I wonder if Citrus Plus will be more about the "future" or after marriage or if it's going to be focusing on other characters.

Why not all three?

joined Feb 15, 2013

Honestly though, consider how much sexual tension was built up between these two over that whole period, after marriage, suprisingly Mei still does not get the tsun fked out of her yet

last edited at Dec 18, 2018 8:06PM

E3662f9e-0a7c-493c-809d-108904833e0b
joined Dec 17, 2018

gotta appreciate the aesthetics

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

... The ending felt... weird.

It was as if the author was told to wrap it up quickly right before the last couple chapters. For someone who was a fan of the manga I found the ending disappointing because of the rush and lack of resolving the issue. It would have been better if more of the expected conflict came from the declaration of love. You know kind of like how the rest of the series was.

joined Feb 21, 2019

Matsuri x Harumin is the only reason why I still read this manga

Same

joined Oct 10, 2016

Yo my fellow Polish users
Citrus got licensed in Poland. Waneko takes the publishing.
EMPIK WELCOMES YOU
Over.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Loralei posted:

Citrus got licensed in Poland.

I bought it yesterday. The things you do to promote yuri...

joined Feb 21, 2019

I rather read about Harumin and Matsuri honestly. Their dynamic is much more interesting.

Ikr!!

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@YunFang92 August 18, 2018 12:11PM

I went through 4 relationships, messed around with 6 diff. people (one night stand and one date type of thing) through these years and finally the end of Citrus comes...and boy was it boring AF. Yuzu steps up, asks Mei to marry her, and Mei says yes yes, a thousand times yes, then says I love you, then the writer recklessly marries them all in one chapter, without explanation of how long they had to waited to marry, the process of their marriage, where they married, where they are now?
But you know what I am more disappointed about... WHERE IS OUR LEWD SCENE?! Even Kase-san the fluffy manga that we all know and love gave us a lewd scene!!

I will say this once more, Kase-san was the one that truly deserves the 12-13 episode animation, not just some rushed movie. It deserves more recognition than this overhyped and prolonged series.

Glad its freaking over, angry that the writer wants to make a "spin-off" series, because I am soooo sick of these characters and with the way the mangaka finished this it looks like they are sick of it too.

End of Rant.

I approve this message.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:07PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Harumin does worry about Yuzu and ask her what troubles her literally all the time. If Yuzu doesn't tell her, then she has to accept it. Friends who force themselves into situations they don't understand or are not wanted in are far worse.
I can already tell that you don't comprehend Harumin's character and role though, so this is pointless.

Then why we have other characters who know about it and did talk to Yuzu about her problem, mostly talking about Matsuri here. I mean did i had to remind you that the twins did insist on Yuzu for making her confess what the problem is ? And here we have Harumin, checking her phone "When did you Yuzu gonna ask me help ?". I found that Sara has done a better friend job then Harumin for help with Yuzu's problems.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well DUH that's because Sara and Matsuri are gay af and know Yuzu is gay af.
Yuzu didn't tell Harumin about her problems because she thinks Harumin is straight.

As if.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 12:58AM

Screen%20shot%202018-07-21%20at%2010.30.50%20am
joined Jun 23, 2018

ive reread this over 20 times in the last few months i need help

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I know how you feel

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So I just read volume 10 and I felt… weirdly empty at the end. Sure, I was happy for the protags, but everything felt too easy, too rushed.

The French publisher released the first volume of Citrus+ along with it, but I'm torn between wanting to see more of Yuzu (and Harumin) and not really wanting to see more of the blackhole of charisma that is Mei. Do you think + will be a long-winded sequel or just a short epilogue?

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 5:44AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The French publisher released the first volume of Citrus+ along with it

Don't remind me that Vol.9 was released back in May but they push back the Vol.10 to Citrus + release date.

but I'm torn between wanting to see more of Yuzu (and Harumin) and not really wanting to see more of the blackhole of charisma that is Mei. Do you think + will be a long-winded sequel or just a short epilogue?

I mean, it's suposs to be the life of Yuzu and Mei in between the proposal on the balcony and the marriage itself so 1) it's mostly guarantee you will get some Mei and 2) it will depend on how Saburouta want it to last.We barely move a month between Vol.1 and Vol.2 of Citrus +.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I reread this one over Christmas and...I am still mad nobody punched grandpa into the face and told him to not fuck up his granddaughters life.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Reread it and it's still shit

Then read something else rather than coming here declaring your shitty opinion

kingkhalil001
Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Reread this for the first time and got to say it hurts a lot more on the second read. Brought me to tears which did not happen the first time. Being older and more mature allowed it to hit harder.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I came back for a reread. Looking back, the biggest pitfall was probably the marriage thing. Of course the entire premise of the story is it supposed to be 100% realistic, but for Mei have two fiance's throughout the story without any foreshadowing felt empty. I mean there are other ups and downs with the story but it's still okay

SuffererFangirl
joined Sep 18, 2016

Zzzzz I'm fed up of stoic girls with dramatic backstory being the protagonist's lover in yuri. Harumin x Yuzu would have been a much better pairing.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Harumin is fuking denser thana blackhol, she seem to never understand what happen and is always the clueless one in the middle who is notawar of anything. I don't think if will have been better given how useless Harumin is throught all the manga. I mean she is a focus in what ? One arc and i think it's purely because Yuzu can't say during its speech for student council that she love her sister so she come up with Harumin.

joined Jun 16, 2020

Lol yuzu looks like mei xD

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I know how you feel

It's fucking July already and I just got done rereading the series for like the 5th time now send help.

joined Oct 22, 2020

god i just discovered this and i can't get enoughhh

To reply you must either login or sign up.