Forum › Yurika's Campus Life discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What's equally as bad is that most of the women she seduces aren't even lesbians but just women that fall for her because of her power to attract women. That means most of the yuri in this is just meant to be a joke and nothing more. Only a handful of characters can actually be considered gay.

How do you even know? Right within the first arc are there's that chapter where some of her "fans" - including the one she "converted" - talk about a lesbian mixer. The dormmother gets to be (sort of) in a relationship with the loli after Yurika. And the ones hiring the prostitutes, well, they are obviously into women. Plus characters like her legal wife and the loli and the antagonist of this arc ...

I think there's plenty of evidence that at least some of the characters "stay" lesbian (or are that from the beginning). So this "accusation" seems a bit weird to me; is anyone ever shown to date a guy again? Although I'd agree that, yes, of course this doesn't try to portray accurate lesbian relationships or anything, it's just for the shits and giggles. But still, on that point I don't believe you can definitely say either way ...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Imagine being upset at an absurdist satire of lurid romance-drama clichés like it was some kind of serious social commentary.

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

I have mixed feeling. I guess I will drop this one

joined Jul 22, 2018

I don’t know about the domestic violence part, was it supposed to be funny? It just left me feeling confused.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is such a lewd and stupid series and I love it

I also found Yurika's theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJRMaxF__w0

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don’t know about the domestic violence part, was it supposed to be funny? It just left me feeling confused.

The fundamental running joke of the series is that people like Yurika and Akane can channel the corniest blatant bullshit from the cheesiest late-night dramas imaginable (and beyond, as with that glorious bear story Yurika told) and make it work by sheer audacity and charisma - often despite their targets full well realizing they're being manipulated.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I actually hate this series. The main character really has no redeeming qualities. The humor is from the worst part of a bygone era. And the series somehow manages to be sexist, even though 99% of the characters are women. Honestly I don't know why I read the damned thing. I guess I just keep waiting for Yurika to show some morals. Hell I will settle for Yuirka just giving up on the whole "I'm straight" shit. The whole straight girl forced into the life of a lesbian gigolo was never funny. I thought the series would get past it quick, but 24 chapters in, and here we are.

What's equally as bad is that most of the women she seduces aren't even lesbians but just women that fall for her because of her power to attract women. That means most of the yuri in this is just meant to be a joke and nothing more. Only a handful of characters can actually be considered gay.

No disrespect to either of you, and I'm not trying to diminish any part of what you're saying... But I think that you might be taking this manga a little too seriously, especially when I think there never really any intention of it ever really becoming anything other than what it is: a dumb story that very much knows what it is.

joined Jan 29, 2017

Uh...what the fuck did I just read?

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

thats how gigolette works

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I actually hate this series. The main character really has no redeeming qualities. The humor is from the worst part of a bygone era. And the series somehow manages to be sexist, even though 99% of the characters are women. Honestly I don't know why I read the damned thing. I guess I just keep waiting for Yurika to show some morals. Hell I will settle for Yuirka just giving up on the whole "I'm straight" shit. The whole straight girl forced into the life of a lesbian gigolo was never funny. I thought the series would get past it quick, but 24 chapters in, and here we are.

No disrespect to either of you, and I'm not trying to diminish any part of what you're saying... But I think that you might be taking this manga a little too seriously, especially when I think there never really any intention of it ever really becoming anything other than what it is: a dumb story that very much knows what it is.

Agreed, but there are two ways of doing a dumb story. A good and a bad way. And personally I find this leaning more towards the latter. If they'd made Yurika at least a little more interesting or gave her something to relate to or empathize with, anything really. But no, she's just a hollow character... If in the next chapter they chopped off her head and declared her dead I wouldn't feel anything, and this coming from an HSP.

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

Not a very good chapter, but I can't wait for the next one nonetheless.

Probably in 2020? :D

joined May 24, 2014

Not a very good chapter, but I can't wait for the next one nonetheless.

Probably in 2020? :D

If we're lucky

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh it came back from the dead lol

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Oh no! If her breathing is messed up, she won't be able to use hamon!

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

Yay, another chapter... Now we wait again.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Yay, another chapter... Now we wait again.

You won't be waiting long.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Oh no! If her breathing is messed up, she won't be able to use hamon!

Yurika does JoJo pose for her "gigolette power" line, so this chuckled me a lot.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Yurika is everyone's hero.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh Yurika, I've missed you so much.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Awesome, another chapter!...
Well back to waiting for the next one

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Glad to see a new chapter. I missed our favorite gigolette, I hope she ends up marrying Saori for real at the end of this manga.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

The manga that is simultaneously incredibly stupid and just incredible.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

It's always a good day when you get another chapter of yurikas campus life!!!! I couldn't stop laughing from the pregnancy confesions! And that fucking doll!!! Kinda feels like this powderkeg is about to errupt doki doki it's been a super long journey but once again I can't wait until she unleashes the power of a gigolette!!! Thanks for the flow of recent updates, there was a super long wait after the bear seduction chapter but now they're release every few months so I'm just glad this gem is still being translated

last edited at May 2, 2019 12:50AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

This never disappoints

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

When reading Yurika's Campus Life, I never have any idea what I just read, but I always leave with a vague sense of having enjoyed it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.