Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Captura%20de%20tela%202023-05-17%20a%cc%80s%2001.22.32
joined Jan 19, 2015

well, that was refreshing... ??
really glad that senpai already made a move and broke her own rule of not dating anyone, that saved us all a lot of angsty time...

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

Seems interesting. I'm looking forward to next chapters.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Here's my quick translation of the Dengeki interview, I don't vouch for its faithfulness or accuracy, but it should give you the idea.

#2 Nakaya Nio
(Nakatani Nio)

She was awarded the 21st annual Dengeki Manga Grand Prix (Gold) Award for her submission “Sayonara, Horuta". She is scheduled to begin a new series in Dengeki Daioh starting from the June 2015 issue.

Q&A

Q: When did you first start drawing manga?

A: I started to draw pictures manga-style in a split-frame when I was a sixth-grader in elementary school, but the first time I submitted anything for publication was after starting college.

Q: Please tell me your submission and publication history before winning the award.

A: From around my third year attending a university, I had submitted work 5-6 times either there or for women's magazines. Several times they won awards, but nothing was picked up for publication.

Q: Please tell me what sparked your interest in applying for the Dengeki Manga Grand Prix.

A: Because I had been recommended to the editors.

Q What inspired the idea for your winning entry?

A: I liked the idea of a weak character from the start. I liked identical twins who strongly identify with being twins as characters, then I wrote about two distinct people who combined their identity as twins.

Q: Please tell us what the biggest difficulty you struggled with was, when you were bringing your winning idea to life as an actual work.

A: Because the number of pages that can be drawn within the time limit is limited, successfully misdirecting the reader's attention so as to maximize the surprise. Besides that, limiting the scenes to just the ones that advanced the plot.

Q: What do you think the decisive factor in winning was ?

A: Well, you can ask, but ultimately it's the members of the jury who decide what they most enjoy, and why.

Q: Currently, you are committed to developing a new series. Is there some theme in particular you wish to explore?

A: In order to put a twist on the idea of the heroine, and in hopes of learning properly about a subject as I draw it, I decided that she would get to fall in love with women.

Q: Have you gotten helpful advice from the editors?

A: I got various technical suggestions such as guiding the path of the reader's eye to that of the story, etc., but one I'm going to really keep in mind from among them is "A character with a strong ego is attractive."

Q: Finally, a word of advice to those who want to apply for the Dengeki Manga Grand Prix!

A: Just because my manga which got the award ended up being completely what was drawn to their liking, and just because you aim for the award, I think that there is nonetheless no need to draw in a "formulaic" way. People with talent and something to express in their drawing shouldn't aim overly to please. Good luck.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 12:20PM

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

Oh a senpai is confessing that's kinda new to me.

Unnamed%20qq%20screenshot20150223005817
joined Apr 5, 2015

Whoa~
Not really into quick confessions but I'll see what's up.
Anyway it's new yuri, can't complain.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Here's my quick translation of the Dengeki interview, I don't vouch for its faithfulness or accuracy, but it should give you the idea.

Thanks for translating the interview! It was really interesting. I always like getting to know a little more about the author.

joined Aug 20, 2014

Nakatani's one of my fave Touhou doujin authors. She's also written a Kancolle doujin 'Nagi wo Matsu', and I quite like it compared to the other stuff out there. Really excited to finally see an original story by her!

last edited at May 12, 2015 4:21AM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

I thought this was going to be so typical, but then they switched roles on me last minute. Looking forward to more!

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

And more importantly, kouhai-chan doesn't blush at all.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

nice

joined Oct 14, 2013

mmm yeah rejecting boys is so hot

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

mmm yeah rejecting boys is so hot

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHa

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well that was interesting

That's what I was saying, but I kinda saw that coming when she never let go of her hand during the phone call.

last edited at May 14, 2015 2:10AM

joined Feb 27, 2012

Hmm... What a hella fast and abrupt confession from senpai! Judging from the title, I don't think things are gonna go smoothly with them transitioning into a relationship. That last panel/thought shows Yuu clearly confused about the sudden development.

Can you imagine? An hour ago, you spill your guts out to your trusted senpai and then RIGHT AFTER you had a hard time rejecting someone, same senpai confesses to you? I don't think Yuu is gonna just be like, "oh lol okay! let's date!" Kouhai is gonna make senpai WORK for it and I can't wait to see it happen.

(On a side-note, these character designs remind me of Yumi and Sachiko from MariMite but then again ~50% of yuri series I've read share that, haha.)

247987_168422
joined Jan 30, 2015

Nice, can't wait for new chapter :3

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

the story was like:
yeah i just met you
and this is crazy
but i love yuri
so be my baby

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

the story was like:
yeah i just met you
and this is crazy
but i love yuri
so be my baby

stands
claps

joined Mar 23, 2013

Q: Please tell me your submission and publication history before winning the award.

A: From around my third year attending a university, I had submitted work 5-6 times either there or for women's magazines. Several times they won awards, but nothing was picked up for publication.

How does that happen... Oh Japan you crazy you.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

If you feel the story progressed too quickly, you have to remember: Nanami did not necessarily confess. She simply said it herself, "I think I might be falling for you".

We all have had those people we had that feeling for even only 3 days into knowing the person. It's also not really strange, because she finally met someone like Yuu who understood what it meant to not find someone special. And now Yuu just went through an intense moment and Nanami was the one who led her along by hand (almost literally). I'm glad she has the introspective capability to recognize that and address it.

I suspect this is just a dramatic cliffhanger to get people to keep reading. The next chapter will probably have Nanami clarifying that this is not a confession...yet.

the story was like:
yeah i just met you
and this is crazy
but i love yuri
so be my baby

+1

joined Mar 23, 2013

Again, here we have another confirmation that holding hands is 18+. Very lewd and lustful act for sure, nsfw.

joined May 23, 2013

I dont know if its yet to consider to be Yuri because she might accept that one guy after all she likes him after all in the near future. I hate to be the one who ruins the party but frankly relationships like this dont seem to last that long. Experience 23 year old lesbian. I'm sad to see it fail all the time. Love sucks. I don't know what to think of this one. I'm just, missing a heart. I need something strong to get me to love a series. Good story not great.

last edited at May 16, 2015 12:58AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

believe in the rireba

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a manga. Real Life experience is irrelevant most of the time. Especially in a School Life setting and even moreso in yuri stories.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Pretty interesting plot so far. I like the idea of the senpai getting off for rejection through. Definitely will make the story and their relationship quite unique

last edited at May 16, 2015 11:04AM

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

Ahh, Yuu-chan, I understand your pain. Love songs and stories are so wonderful doesn't life truly fall flat in stark comparison? Or sometimes you fall, on your face.

Nanami-senpai's POV: Yuu's such a cutie! Ah to meet a kindred spirit! Time to give your adorable kouhai some love advice. "Follow your heart!" Did I really just say that? How cool, I really am a great senpai. Ohh! He's phoning, I MUST hold her hand for support. Huh? What is this doki-doki of my heart? Ahh, to watch Yuu reject this man, it's making me lightheaded. What is this feeling? Truly this must be the passion of youth! FOLLOW YOUR HEART. TUG OF LOVE "I think I might be falling for you." SUDDEN? Perhaps, but that is what it means to be young! I'm so cool.

Me: nods head approvingly "Smooth. This girls got game."

To reply you must either login or sign up.