Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well to be quite honest, did this series have anything explicitly yuri in it? I wasn't too invested in it so maybe I forgot but I always had the impression the most explicit part was the title :P That collage could also work for normal friendship.

The creator isn't a stranger to lesbian romance. Plus the collage feels romantic, and like they're building up her being in love with both sides, the Vtuber and IRL friend.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

If you replace "collab" with "Clam Slam" this becomes a whole new thing.

joined Sep 27, 2017

If you replace "collab" with "Clam Slam" this becomes a whole new thing.

Clam Slam sounds like some WWE competitive tribadism

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The creator isn't a stranger to lesbian romance.

Sure but I feel like if not for the title and the author, this would be just tagged subtext at best (and really I feel like the series is more about the vtubing thing than romance anyway). The collage may feel romantic but it requires some reading between the lines, that seems like textbook subtext to me. (But I do want to reiterate I barely remember most of this series so I may be just wrong :P)

last edited at Jul 26, 2024 6:15PM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Aww, Draco-san...

joined Sep 27, 2017

Sure but I feel like if not for the title and the author, this would be just tagged subtext at best (and really I feel like the series is more about the vtubing thing than romance anyway). The collage may feel romantic but it requires some reading between the lines, that seems like textbook subtext to me. (But I do want to reiterate I barely remember most of this series so I may be just wrong :P)

The Vtuber element is important, but I would say so is their relationship that's slow burn build up alongside the Vtuber content. So I think the romance will get there.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

I feel that we tag crushes as yuri even if it doesn't wind up saying "they will" in the "Will they, won't they?" scenarios; and this is definitely a girl having a crush on another.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

They're not a couple yet but our MC's feelings have been clear (beyond just in the title). This particular chapter is progress because we have an admission of feelings we weren't sure of before, directed at the MC and not her persona (feelings the best friend wants to keep hidden for now). We call people "idiot couples" before they start dating all the time; but as you said, it has been a while.

last edited at Jul 26, 2024 7:27PM

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

v cute one-sided sort of thing, big fan

joined May 3, 2014

They're not a couple yet but our MC's feelings have been clear (beyond just in the title). This particular chapter is progress because we have an admission of feelings we weren't sure of before, directed at the MC and not her persona (feelings the best friend wants to keep hidden for now). We call people "idiot couples" before they start dating all the time; but as you said, it has been a while.

we didn’t move 1 cm the yuri progressed only 1mm T^T we are almost at chapter god damn 40! there has been ENOUGH Vtubing things and only a cumb of yuri progress.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Personally, I like the slice of life feel. It's nice the author is going slower and taking the time to build up their relationship, MC's personality, and how Taiga affects both.

last edited at Jul 27, 2024 4:10PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

yep, their last yuri work got a big rushed so I'm glad they're taking their time a bit

ThatAlpacagon
Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

This manga is very educational

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Tankobon content and a few assorted one-page extras aside, we're caught up with the raw version.

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I'm both rooting for eventual yuri and very nervous if we ever get it, because I think it would trigger an angst arc in what has been a consistently fun and lighthearted time. But Ch36 makes me delusionally believer we might actually get mutual yuri.
But mostly I'm just glad to be getting translations again! These scans were quite honestly my first introduction to Vtubers a few years ago, aside from seeing passing clips and Mori's first few songs, made me understand how the fandom culture around them kinda worked, so when I saw some debuts that caught my eye I decided to tune in.

Vincent Kellen
joined Sep 18, 2021

Dang, thousands of yen per superchat, even 50.000 yen? That's like $500. Taiga must be rich

joined Apr 15, 2013

Dang, thousands of yen per superchat, even 50.000 yen? That's like $500. Taiga must be rich

Big streamers make some crazy money. I'm not dialed in to the vtuber sub culture, but those numbers don't seem crazy for a streamer with a large established audience.

joined May 3, 2014

I'm both rooting for eventual yuri and very nervous if we ever get it, because I think it would trigger an angst arc in what has been a consistently fun and lighthearted time. But Ch36 makes me delusionally believer we might actually get mutual yuri.
But mostly I'm just glad to be getting translations again! These scans were quite honestly my first introduction to Vtubers a few years ago, aside from seeing passing clips and Mori's first few songs, made me understand how the fandom culture around them kinda worked, so when I saw some debuts that caught my eye I decided to tune in.

be careful with that, the EN indie vtubers have a different culture around that EN Corporate Vtubers like Mori and such……but maybe you already figure that one out? eh any way :3

joined Sep 5, 2018

Bullying the streamer with superchats, Hikawa Shou really knows how things work in the vtuber community.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Yeah, if people started throwing hundreds of dollars at a time at me I would freak out

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Admittedly a split of that goes to whatever service you're monetised through. Where the rest goes depends on what kind of contract the talent has, assuming they're signed on anywhere.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

スパーチャット ターイム

Nishikino-maki-and-ayase-eri-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571467-350-197(1)
joined Dec 1, 2018

Im always wonder, How can she streaming normal and have an Avatar that looks not like her. If you look to that VTuber Anime, they are all streaming like they are Dressed. They look exactly like her Avatar

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Im always wonder, How can she streaming normal and have an Avatar that looks not like her. If you look to that VTuber Anime, they are all streaming like they are Dressed. They look exactly like her Avatar

If you're referring to Vtuber Legend, that's the way they choose to do it for that particular series (the anime version at least) because, unlike this series where the whole premise is about the two sides being in a psuedo love-triangle, we're not supposed to care about what these people look like behind their avatars.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I'm so glad this is back! Such a fun manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.