Forum › My Friend's Abnormally Cute Sister discussion

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Oh my goodness
The love her sis has to her big sis is too extreme..

Speaking of the incest route, I still like Candy Boy the most
Citrus is good too, but for fluffiness, I'll go for Candy Boy

Citrus isn't incest at all. It's just a classic "brand new step-siblings fall in love" setup at its core. Yuri live action version equivalent would be "Transit Girls", and it's a fairly common teen romance trope in general due to many writers themselves having experienced their parents divorce.

Candy Boy is an incest love story, between fully blood-related sisters. It feels quite different in tone, because you can see the sisterly bond in every scene mixed together with romance. Neither of them doubts it that much, it just is how it is.

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 7:20AM

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Citrus isn't incest at all. It's just a classic "brand new step-siblings fall in love" setup at its core. Yuri live action version equivalent would be "Transit Girls", and it's a fairly common teen romance trope in general due to many writers themselves having experienced their parents divorce.

I see. Thank you for correcting my mistakes ^^!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Citrus can be classified as pseudo-incest. Partly because them being (step)sisters does tickle similar naughtiness receptors, and partly because there are similar "dating in the family" risks with 'true' incest, like possible power imbalance (less an issue when they just met at age 15) or being trapped in the same family after a bad breakup.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Mizuki might learn what "jealousy" and "taking for granted" means in a second. Let's see how she takes this. I'm 1000% sure nothing will ever happen with her sister and that, that's just the setup gag. She already started last chapter but maybe this is will create another opportunity to see Mizuki's growing feelings for our MC. Should be comedy either way.

last edited at Aug 14, 2024 12:40AM

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I'm pretty divided. Mizuki is good but her as of yet her eyes is on her sisters and didn't give our MC enough attention. And Shion chan is really cute, and such an earnest confession... uwu

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

Mizuki might learn what "jealousy" and "taking for granted" means in a second. Let's see how she takes this. I'm 1000% sure nothing will ever happen with her sister and that, that's just the setup gag. She already started last chapter but maybe this is will create another opportunity to see Mizuki's growing feelings for our MC. Should be comedy either way.

I'm really hoping for this

joined Jul 8, 2019

"Nobody is 'normal' in this series, everyvody is a freak or a pervert"
(Verification not needed)

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm pretty divided. Mizuki is good but her as of yet her eyes is on her sisters and didn't give our MC enough attention. And Shion chan is really cute, and such an earnest confession... uwu

Shion might be too young (middle schooler means more when you're in high school) and our MC is similarly only focused on Mizuki, so I expect new girl to be rejected. She's likely there for Mizuki, which might explain why the chapter ended with the 3 of them in one reaction frame. Mizuki shouldn't care much if MC has a suitor.

Mizuki seems like a love interest initially attracted to someone unattainable, but eventually, silently falling for the another, who consistently supports her. It feels similar to another ongoing girls' love series, "Other Than My Friend's Sister, Something Else," (great!) but wackier.

last edited at Aug 14, 2024 9:11AM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Poor Shion is likely in the story just for the misunderstanding gag this chapter and so Mizuki starts to feel a little jealousy over affection directed at our MC.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Twould appear our Love Triangle has become a Love Square

Img_20240412_160356_727
joined Apr 23, 2024

we won't be able to tell whose hand is on whose ass in ten more chapters. jk

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"...my underwear time..." It's good to make time for yourself, and other's linen, it would seem.

pandapandapanda666
joined Nov 14, 2022

so my guess is that mari (the boss lady/ older sister) is a siscon who lovers shion or smth so we get a pentagon
yanagi -> mizuki -> momo -> mari ->(?) shion -> yanagi

orrrrrr
mari's spouse loves her little sister
or someone else who loves the little sister
or (repeat infinitely)

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

a new fighter in the ring!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Ah good, finally getting into love pentagram territory. If this story doesn't end with a relationship chart that looks like it was patterned after a spiderweb made by a spider tripping on lsd then I demand my money back

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

"Oh my gosh...she invited me back to her place!" Absolutely slayed me.
Easily the best joke so far.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Mizuki is falling into deep levels of denial about her feelings for Yanagi. She was breathing jealousy this chapter. She'll come around eventually.

Shion took that predictable rejection in stride. I'm thinking she wants help reenacting something manga related considering her fandom this chapter.

"Oh my gosh...she invited me back to her place!" Absolutely slayed me. Easily the best joke so far.

I didn't really catch that until your comment. I was more fixated on Mizuki actually losing focus of her sister to think about Yanagi. But you're right! Good line. Next she'll worry about potentially meeting the parents.

last edited at Aug 16, 2024 12:00AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Yeah no, with the swift rejection there is only two options here

1: it's another fake out

2: she's not okay with the rejection at all

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ah good, finally getting into love pentagram territory. If this story doesn't end with a relationship chart that looks like it was patterned after a spiderweb made by a spider tripping on lsd then I demand my money back

Like this? https://www.miragenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Coffee-and-Spider.jpeg

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

this author really likes to use cliffhangers in a relatively low stakes story

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Oh damn are we seeing the birth of a Lil' Yanagi???

Shion is still in love with Yanagi and she gonna get Mizuki to help her out with wooing her!

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Hmm....welp....that chapter certainly took a turn i wasn't expecting. Mizuki not even trying and somehow keeps adding to the harem

To reply you must either login or sign up.