Forum › A Story About Buying a Classmate Once a Week ~ 5,000 Yen for an Excuse to Spend Time Together discussion

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Well this sits in the "Welp this is weird" category. Will be interesting to see where is goes though.

Sorawoavsleep2
joined May 11, 2024

i've been eagerly anticipating this release, thank goodness

joined Oct 30, 2023

The novel is so good. Highly recommend the novel.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I have yet to see any chemistry between these two, but I suppose I'll give it a couple more chapters to see if I want to continue reading or not.

Flirtatious foot-licking doesn't count as chemistry, huh?

When it’s “forced” it doesn’t

They briefly touched parts of their agreement in this first chapter but said agreement definitely covers more than just keeping what happens in the room a secret between them only.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler and I won't go into the details but just in case... the very basis of their agreement involves consent and trade-offs. The moment Sendai thinks that Miyagi's order(s) crosses a line for her, Sendai has the power to walk out of the room and end whatever relationship they have at the moment. It's something that gets touched upon a good few times in the WN too.

last edited at Jun 19, 2024 10:57PM

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

I have yet to see any chemistry between these two, but I suppose I'll give it a couple more chapters to see if I want to continue reading or not.

They briefly touched parts of their agreement in this first chapter but said agreement definitely covers more than just keeping what happens in the room a secret between them only.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler and I won't go into the details but just in case... the very basis of their agreement involves consent and trade-offs. The moment Sendai thinks that Miyagi's order(s) crosses a line for her, Sendai has the power to walk out of the room and end whatever relationship they have at the moment. It's something that gets touched upon a good few times in the WN too.

Ah, that's nice, consent is sexy.

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

THE HOLY GRAIL OF YURI IS HERE
I've been waiting
heheheh

joined Jan 14, 2020

If the manga follows the novel, you'll learn more about what the deal is and how it happened. Though the manga did cut out some information that was in the first novel chapter. Miyagi doesn't have a mother. They're well-off but Dad has the usual Too Much Work life.

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 12:36AM

Tumblr_o8cv0mqz201vw9rjuo1_1280
joined Sep 21, 2016

Love how this shit goes hard from the first page

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Ah, alright. That does make me feel better about their relationship, thanks.

joined Feb 1, 2021

There's something I find weirdly compelling about these stories where bizarre, contrived excuses to spend time together turn into actual relationships, so I guess I'm on board?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Hmmmm, nice nice nice nice nice.

What's the story with novel rn? Is the translation up to date? Is it decent quality?

joined Feb 19, 2022

anyone know roughly what the cover page translates to? kadokawa caught my attention and i can't seem to let it go

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 2:00AM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Hmmmm, nice nice nice nice nice.

What's the story with novel rn? Is the translation up to date? Is it decent quality?

Last I checked, there are 2 groups translating it. One has better quality (up to ch 60 of the raws) and the other group that updates more regularly is at around 300+... You'd be better off reading the MTL straight from ggtl-ing the Kakuyomu page itself.

SchroCatDinger
Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

The art is good, but I'm not vibing with the characters so far

joined Feb 24, 2022

HOLYYY SHITT

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm in

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Yawn

ThatAlpacagon
Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Ah yes i remember reading this WN. Its been a while since i've read that. I imagined Sendai-san to have a bit more mischievous look based on the novel artwork. Its quite a slow burn story about bored girls with lots of biting lol

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

I was JUST about to read this LN and while feet are not my thing I really appreciate that face on page 22.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Since nobody else has linked it, here's the novelupdates page:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/story-about-buying-my-classmate-once-a-week/

Read Amawashi group until 61 which is their latest chapter. It's a solid human TL.
After that you have the option of jumping over to Story Seedling, but it's barely edited MTL.

So glad this has gotten a manga and a translator picked it up. It's been possibly my favorite yuri for quite awhile now.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Since nobody else has linked it, here's the novelupdates page:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/story-about-buying-my-classmate-once-a-week/

Read Amawashi group until 61 which is their latest chapter. It's a solid human TL.
After that you have the option of jumping over to Story Seedling, but it's barely edited MTL.

So glad this has gotten a manga and a translator picked it up. It's been possibly my favorite yuri for quite awhile now.

Is there a way to explain what's so appealing about it without spoiling?

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 10:46AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Never heard of it. Any good?

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Hmm. Getting some weird vibes from the story and from some facial expressions. But it was kinda interesting (...and maybe a bit hot too). Will read more.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Just binged the first ~50 chapters of the WN, and I can confidently say that this story is incredible. I’m definitely going to be following along here as well, there’s a bunch of scenes I want to see illustrated (and hopefully if they adapt the whole thing I won’t have to turn to MTL).

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Not what I expected, yet interesting all the same

To reply you must either login or sign up.