Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Imresizer-1701301441298
joined Nov 29, 2023

does anyone know of any yuris that's like themed around ice-skating? idrc much for other details, just that being a big plot point would be nice

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

does anyone know of any yuris that's like themed around ice-skating? idrc much for other details, just that being a big plot point would be nice

Hopefully someone else has more luck, but the only yuri with ice skating I could find was a one-shot in Voiceful (https://sevenseasentertainment.com/books/voiceful/). (Looks like Lililicious dropped the project after it got licensed to Seven Seas.) Considering how common skating is in het manga, it's kind of surprising I can't more in yuri.

last edited at May 12, 2024 11:33AM

Imresizer-1701301441298
joined Nov 29, 2023

Hopefully someone else has more luck, but the only yuri with ice skating I could find was a one-shot in Voiceful (https://sevenseasentertainment.com/books/voiceful/). (Looks like Lililicious dropped the project after it got licensed to Seven Seas.) Considering how common skating is in het manga, it's kind of surprising I can't more in yuri.

tysm, i'll check it out! and i agree with you on the last part. there's so many directions & stories you could create from it, it's sad not many people have taken advantage of it in yuris. praying there will be more soon in the future >_< !!!

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I have a serious request that I must see through. It may sound like something incredibly vague, but I assure you it is not.

My request is for any yuri with a femme top. Don't misunderstand, I'm not talking about a femme girl that has a fashion based superiority complex, a femme girl that is kind of assertive, a femme girl that is just topping during sex, a femme girl that can sustain a harem of tomboys and not any other arbitrary level of top!
What I'm looking for is a mean lean pretty girl turbo-dyke clam connoisseur with the will to bend the most dense material self-declared straight girls into submission!

Someone like Mai from https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ma_ch%C3%A9rie except even more powerful.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

My request is for any yuri with a femme top. Don't misunderstand, I'm not talking about a femme girl that has a fashion based superiority complex, a femme girl that is kind of assertive, a femme girl that is just topping during sex, a femme girl that can sustain a harem of tomboys and not any other arbitrary level of top!

Maybe Touma kun?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/touma_kun

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Maybe Touma kun?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/touma_kun

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't this the opposite of the request?
I read 3 chapters and the titular character of Touma-kun is a butch who's clearly the aggressive one in the two romantic encounters so far. There's no reversal tag so I don't expect that to change.

I'll be watching for suggestions that fit the request since it sounds like it'd make for an interesting read.

last edited at May 16, 2024 1:27PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
Whoops, my bad

isseixkoneko
joined Oct 26, 2023

Any Yuri where the person is literally turned gay? Like magically, Isekai type shit or something where suddenly this girl is gay now and is aware that she wasn't gay before but because of the higher power of whatever happened is being lead down a gay path and can't fight the power and gives in and just lives like that?

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I have a serious request that I must see through. It may sound like something incredibly vague, but I assure you it is not.

What I'm looking for is a mean lean pretty girl turbo-dyke clam connoisseur with the will to bend the most dense material self-declared straight girls into submission!

Someone like Mai from https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ma_ch%C3%A9rie except even more powerful.

Maybe the manhwa Partition? One of the characters is a short woman who outwardly projects a very cute, feminine image, but is actually devious and a bit of a gremlin. She basically forces her way into the life of her tall, gloomy coworker.

It's not hosted here, but you can find it on Mangadex. The early chapter translations are pretty rough, but it gets better after a dozen chapters.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What's your go-to story for when you're feeling down? My pet passed while I was driving her to the hospital this morning, and I could really use something fun and wholesome right now.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

What's your go-to story for when you're feeling down? My pet passed while I was driving her to the hospital this morning, and I could really use something fun and wholesome right now.

Sorry for your loss.

A few comfort manga, etc:

• Hana Ni Arashi
  • Bittersweet Con Panna
  • Cheerful Amnesia
  • My Food Looks Very Cute Today
  • Tadokoro-san
  • The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This

If you read Webtoons:

Lots more, but hope any of these help!

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 12:22PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Thanks for the suggestions! Had not come across a couple of these Webtoons; checking them out. (Seeing them really makes me wish Scale & Tale updated more often, though.)

joined Nov 27, 2016

Anyone know any stories, series or oneshot, that has heavy drama but ends on a good note?
Similar to run away with me, girl.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

^haven't read run away with me so I don't know how heavy the drama is, but
maybe
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_timid_woman_longing_for_her_delivery_girl

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Anyone know any stories, series or oneshot, that has heavy drama but ends on a good note?
Similar to run away with me, girl.

Two of my top 10:

• Even Though We're Adults (might be the most familiar to Run Away with Me Girl but is very real and fantastic). The official release is up to volume 8 of 10. There's 50 chapters, so only 10 left for the official translation.
  • A Joyful Life (the title might as well be a joke but it's a lovely, meaningful, slow burn story and ends how you'd want it to. Really cool experience with humor sprinkled around but deals with some heavy, realistic stuff.)

A couple more (there's more if you want):

• The Glass
  • Club Amour
  • Would you, Could you?
  • Ohana Holoholo
  • Goodbye My Rose Garden
  • Us Right Now (Webtoon)
  • Opium
  • Octave
  • What Does the Fox Say?
  • Let me give love to you, I will give a flower to you (and the sequel: The Appeal of Marriage)
  • I Want to Quit Being a Hitman

last edited at Jun 18, 2024 9:10AM

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

My youngest sister turns 17 next month, and since she pulled a girlfriend out of nowhere last christmas, I want to gift her some yuri manga. However, our tastes don't really intersect much, so I'd appreciate some recommendations.

To my knowledge, she mostly reads generically popular ensemble-cast action stuff like My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Bungo Stray Dogs or Demon Slayer, or watches sports anime like Haikyuu, Yuri on Ice, Haikyuu, Free!, Haikyuu and Blue Period. She also likes Haikyuu. (Many of those are also fujo-bait, I guess.)

So I guess she might enjoy something sports related? The only thing from the top of my head would be Harakuna Receive, which has the added benefit this it might also be available in german (don't worry she also reads in english), but I'm not sure if it doesn't end up being too fanservice-y; obviously I don't want to gift anything too steamy (or incestuous, for that matter).

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

^I'm interested in that as well. A friend wanted some action serie to get into Yuri, but i didn't have much that fitted the criterias. (though my friend is older than your sister so adult content wasn't necesarily out of the question, just not the blatant fanservice shots or design, due to personal taste)
That's a though one indeed.
Action Yuri are often very fanservice-y. Action and sports mangas are generally aimed at male audience, so if someone publish a action Yuri serie they'll also attempt to appeal to male readers, and the cheap way to do that is fanservice (or Moe, but action-Moe that's not limited to subtext if anything is also pretty rare). And that's when they're not primarily a fan-service show in the first place that just have girl on girl because it's hawt.
Heck non-fanservice-y sport or action mangas with female protagonist aren't so common even without yuri.

I also have no idea what have a physical release in german or english.
Maybe someone more familiar with Manhua and Manwha than i am know some good one who have a physical release.

joined Nov 27, 2016

^haven't read run away with me so I don't know how heavy the drama is, but
maybe
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_timid_woman_longing_for_her_delivery_girl

Thank you, I have read this one before but it was nice to reread.

Two of my top 10:

• Even Though We're Adults (might be the most familiar to Run Away with Me Girl but is very real and fantastic). The official release is up to volume 8 of 10. There's 50 chapters, so only 10 left for the official translation.
  • A Joyful Life (the title might as well be a joke but it's a lovely, meaningful, slow burn story and ends how you'd want it to. Really cool experience with humor sprinkled around but deals with some heavy, realistic stuff.)

A couple more (there's more if you want):

• The Glass
  • Club Amour
  • Would you, Could you?
  • Ohana Holoholo
  • Goodbye My Rose Garden
  • Us Right Now (Webtoon)
  • Opium
  • Octave
  • What Does the Fox Say?
  • Let me give love to you, I will give a flower to you (and the sequel: The Appeal of Marriage)
  • I Want to Quit Being a Hitman

Ooh, ive actually never heard of some of these but I skimmed a couple and it’s definitely in line with what I’m looking for, thank you. I’ll take as many refs as you got.

last edited at Jun 19, 2024 8:21PM

joined Feb 19, 2022

Us Right Now getting some love? I'm so happy about it!

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Ooh, ive actually never heard of some of these but I skimmed a couple and it’s definitely in line with what I’m looking for, thank you. I’ll take as many refs as you got.

Since you asked for a few more, here's some I thought of quickly:

• Best Served Cold
  • Black & White ("good" is funny word to use but I'd use it)
  • Illicit (Webtoon)
  • I Love You So Much, I Hate You (and all its spin-offs)
  • Run Away With Me, Girl
  • Philia to Eros no Aida
  • Indigo Blue
  • Love My Life
  • Outro
  • Relationship Guidelines
  • Tendering Resignation
  • The One I Yearn For (Not really but maybe. Can't remember)

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 9:18PM

joined Feb 19, 2022

Is there a comic about a woman divorce her husband and has kids and ends up finding love with a woman? Or anything along those lines as broad strokes. I don’t care if she leaves her man to be with a woman or had already left him. I care more about there are children are involved with the story and the new mom aspect

joined Feb 19, 2022

Also looking for every lesbian omegaverse rec in the universe

joined Feb 19, 2022

Any Yuri where the person is literally turned gay? Like magically, Isekai type shit or something where suddenly this girl is gay now and is aware that she wasn't gay before but because of the higher power of whatever happened is being lead down a gay path and can't fight the power and gives in and just lives like that?

There’s https://dynasty-scans.com/series/all_of_humanity_is_yuri_except_for_me

But it’s doesn’t feel as good as what your describing though a similar presence

last edited at Jun 25, 2024 12:31AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is there a comic about a woman divorce her husband and has kids and ends up finding love with a woman? Or anything along those lines as broad strokes. I don’t care if she leaves her man to be with a woman or had already left him. I care more about there are children are involved with the story and the new mom aspect

Definitely Sweet Guilty Love Bites (part B).
Possibly Ebisu-san and Hotei-san, though the parenting aspect might be under-developed.
I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow is focused on parenting with an established couple.

There's a few where the fact that one is a mother plays a part in the story, but I'm not sure any of these bring in the new mother element that you're looking for. Examples:
The Female Body
Up and Down/Helter Skelter (a two-parter)

Similarly, there's Run Away with Me, Girl, in which one of the characters is pregnant, so their commitment includes the understanding of becoming a parent, but the child only has a role in the final chapter.

And avoid Mama Mama unless you enjoy depressing twists and/or generally enjoy Amano Shuninta's work.

last edited at Jun 25, 2024 2:17AM

joined Mar 18, 2016

^I'm interested in that as well. A friend wanted some action serie to get into Yuri, but i didn't have much that fitted the criterias. (though my friend is older than your sister so adult content wasn't necesarily out of the question, just not the blatant fanservice shots or design, due to personal taste)

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/gamma

Gamma is great! It definitely does have its fair share of fanservice stuff but I wouldn't say it's excessive or unwanted.

There's also
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/murcielago

Which I, admittedly, haven't read in a few years so I'm not sure if it would float your boat but I did enjoy.

I vaguely remember enjoying
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hero_san_and_former_general_san

But I think there was some silly plot stuff and satire that I wasn't the biggest fan of near the end.

For anime, definitely check out Princess Principal and Lycoris Recoil. Loved those!

If you get desperate, you can always search advanced filter on dynasty for action + yuri and sift through.

To reply you must either login or sign up.