Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Forget about the uncle. He doesn't exist anymore in tankoubon universe, which is the canon version.

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 4:10PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Mari is gonna offer Furuka some type of clam dish. A HOLE lotta clam

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Good for you, Furuka, your time of ninki has arrived. Every girl wants you!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's....It's a different character? People can have more than one relative.

Her uncle works in the fishery and her aunt works on the docks, from what I can tell.

No they're the same character, the uncle now aunt lived alone before Furuka crashed there. The author retconned the character into being a woman.

Citation? I'm not saying you're wrong or lying, but there's nothing in the manga that indicates that. The uncle can live alone while also having a sister who lives elsewhere on the island. They have different jobs and different appearances, and we've never seen the aunt at home with Furuka.

I just don't know where it's coming from. Have the early chapters actually been changed in the tankoubon? Did the author say something about it somewhere? Or are people just making assumptions because the aunt started showing up in the last few chapters, and the uncle hasn't been seen since the early ones?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I just don't know where it's coming from. Have the early chapters actually been changed in the tankoubon? Did the author say something about it somewhere? Or are people just making assumptions because the aunt started showing up in the last few chapters, and the uncle hasn't been seen since the early ones?

Translator here. I have the tankoubon and I can confirm that the "uncle" doesn't exist anymore.

Or rather, he never existed in the first place. It was always an aunt. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Literally 1984

The early chapters have been redrawn for the tankoubon and some scenes changed a bit (not the plot itself).

Edit: Here, page 10 of chapter 8 in the tank to compare to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch08#10

last edited at Jan 9, 2024 5:04PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh now that we're getting more of a focus on the aunt. Given that the monster preys on maidens, this plot beat might just exactly be why she's an aunt now instead.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Did not see this turn coming...

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Translator here. I have the tankoubon and I can confirm that the "uncle" doesn't exist anymore.

Or rather, he never existed in the first place. It was always an aunt. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Literally 1984

The early chapters have been redrawn for the tankoubon and some scenes changed a bit (not the plot itself).

Edit: Here, page 10 of chapter 8 in the tank to compare to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch08#10

Double good plus

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Yuri monster done impreggered her mom!

joined Jan 22, 2015

This thing started when I was a college freshman. I am now entering year five of my fulltime career. Maybe it will finish before I retire, but not holding my breath.

Edit: I'm going senile. I started college in 2014 not 2018. Goddamit.

last edited at Jan 21, 2024 8:52PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So it turns out the monster is Kon's other gay aunt and was only messing with Furuka to see if her niece is in good hands! I understand now! (⁠ ⁠´⁠◡⁠‿⁠ゝ⁠◡⁠`⁠)

joined Oct 2, 2021

Fck this flashback, I just wanna see Mari and Furuka having their meal and eating each other's clams.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh no, the spooky ghost doesn't know consent!

joined Dec 13, 2022

SEDUCED BY THE SHADOWS OF THE MONSTER HOLE, a Chirujima Island Story...

joined Jan 10, 2024

Uncle should've remained a man, makes the story feel more grounded, not every manga has to be beauty pageant with 404 men not found, i wonder if authors editor suggested that.

joined Nov 16, 2021

Loving the 1 chapter a year

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Uncle should've remained a man, makes the story feel more grounded, not every manga has to be beauty pageant with 404 men not found, i wonder if authors editor suggested that.

As discussed earlier here, it's far more likely that this has less to do with "beauty pageants" and more with the topics s/he needs to speak about with the niece becoming far more awkward with a man.

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 3:19PM

joined Jan 10, 2024

As discussed earlier here, it's far more likely that this has less to do with "beauty pageants" and more with the topics s/he needs to speak about with the niece becoming far more awkward with a man.

Good, give me awkward, give me difficult, make it interesting.

joined Aug 13, 2023

The responsibility that comes with making a find like that in a small, close-knit community like this sounds more terrifying than any ghost or monster.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This has gone from "sea monster teenage romance" to "ghost helping a paleontologist" and honestly I don't even mind.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, it feels like as I suspected the teen romance is drifting away into the mist, but--TRILOBITES! OK, for trilobites I can forgive.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Lot of trilobites.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm wondering if it's a wish granting spirit. Not to try and claim it's benevolent, but Aunt went looking for Trilobites, and maybe it made trilobites that died not long after. Idk, spitballing, we don't know how long Aunt was going back to that spot so it may either make no sense they dried in a short amount of time or make perfect sense if it's been over a week.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Trilobite Yuri now ...? Cool

To reply you must either login or sign up.