Forum › It's You! discussion

joined Dec 17, 2021

Amazing. I was getting annoyed in the middle because I thought the story was going to end without confirming who the young lady was in love with, but it went back to being wholesome.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

It was a little irritating how the story was beating around the bush, but at the same time, I like characters that have enough humility to not just ASSUME that they are the target of a persons affections. No matter how romantic it might be to have your favorite person read your mind and just know they are your soulmate or whatever, NOTHING beats a straight out face to face, in person, confession. Anything less (without extenuating circumstances) is just cowardice.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Junior1210 posted:

It was a little irritating how the story was beating around the bush, but at the same time, I like characters that have enough humility to not just ASSUME that they are the target of a persons affections. No matter how romantic it might be to have your favorite person read your mind and just know they are your soulmate or whatever, NOTHING beats a straight out face to face, in person, confession. Anything less (without extenuating circumstances) is just cowardice.

shout out to both the characters and the magazine imprint for being forward

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Sho kyute...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yep, I also love Hinazumi...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

From page 11 onward Hinazumi is actively trying to set a new record for densest entity in the known universe.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

Lol, lmao even.

joined Mar 5, 2016

hey

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Damn, who could this mystery person be?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I just looked at the Yuri Crush tag description and this is what it says:

Tag › Yuri crush

Also known as Schoolgirl Crush

Soft feelings of amorous interest in another girl, as pure as a lily is white.
A feeling present mostly in young adolescents - often triggered by bear print panties, handsome women, or a case of mistaken identity.

For instances in which a non-yuri story features some form of yuri crush. Should not be used in any story with a yuri tag. When an entire story's narrative revolves around one-sided yuri love, use the yuri tag instead.

If Yuri Crush must not be used in any story already tagged as Yuri then somebody made a mistake when they tagged this oneshot.

Also, wth they mean by "triggered by bear print panties"??? Is it a reference to some yuri manga where something like this happens?

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

The Lady: "I can't explicitly tell you that it's you because that would be scary.... But still, it's literally you ".
Hinazumi: "So their name is You... I wonder what this "You" person is like.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Also, wth they mean by "triggered by bear print panties"??? Is it a reference to some yuri manga where something like this happens?

Bear/animal print underwear (usually on the butt side) is one of relatively common manga & anime tropes, implying the character wearing it is childlike, immature or has an innocent side to them, as the target demographic for such undies is little kids. The reason why it'd be attractive is because innocent = sexy in Japan. For mature/serious characters it doubles as gap moe.

"Soft feelings of amorous interest in another girl (...) triggered by bear print panties" would be a fanservice scene where girl A sees girl B's cute (not necessarily animal-printed) underwear, followed by doki doki SFX, blushing or a nosebleed that signals a crush developing.

Fetishization of panties in general may originate from nudity censorship as they lower the age rating and allow for showing various lewd acts uncensored.

last edited at Feb 4, 2024 11:20PM

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Usually these characters are super dense and stuff, but I do like that here the thought process was less like, obliviousness to the possibility it was her, and more like, acknowledging that, but trying to consider other angles on it first to avoid any misunderstandings, and maybe committing to that a little too hard. Like, I respect the humility, and if she really was a Dense Black Hole like some other characters, that last conversation would not have turned out the way it did; she's not stupid, just doesn't want to assume. And I dig that vibe, helps kinda reinforce the theme that like, actually communicating effectively is better, without falling back on the usual more melodramatic angles.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

For someone so analytical, the lass is still denser'n osmium lol

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Bear/animal print underwear (usually on the butt side) is one of relatively common manga & anime tropes, implying the character wearing it is childlike, immature or has an innocent side to them, as the target demographic for such undies is little kids. The reason why it'd be attractive is because innocent = sexy in Japan. For mature/serious characters it doubles as gap moe.

"Soft feelings of amorous interest in another girl (...) triggered by bear print panties" would be a fanservice scene where girl A sees girl B's cute (not necessarily animal-printed) underwear, followed by doki doki SFX, blushing or a nosebleed that signals a crush developing.

Fetishization of panties in general may originate from nudity censorship as they lower the age rating and allow for showing various lewd acts uncensored.

Out of topic, but where is your pfp from?

joined Jul 8, 2019

Reminds me of an old diiscussion in the Mangadex forums of the "My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile" series, with the scientific proposal to rename name element 118, densest stuff known by man, after the MC...

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 3:05AM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Out of topic, but where is your pfp from?

A Mismatched, Complicated Love.
Specifically, she's a supporting character who falls in love with the female lead, but it's a het/not-yaoi story with FL pretending to be male so this ship is doomed to sink.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

As cute as this was, I am slightly worried about the future of our cool butler's job stability in light of possible romantic developments with her employer's child...

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Aquarium-kun strikes again.

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Awww I liked this one; and honestly, for all the density jokes, I was surprised Hinazumi even considered herself so early- usually it goes that the idea it could be herself wouldn't even be an option until the confession. Instead she has to actively talk herself down from the most obvious solution lmao. Makes Seira's gay suffering at the end 10/10 like, girl, of course she doesn't get it, you made her doubt herself!!

joined May 3, 2014

does Hinazumi likes the young lady??? cuz it ended with just the confession and no answer at all T^T

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

does Hinazumi likes the young lady??? cuz it ended with just the confession and no answer at all T^T

"My lady, no one in their right mind would reject you, my heart hurts at the thought of somebody caring more about you than me or taking you away and I promise no matter what happens I'll always stay by your side. Could it be that you love me back after all? Now, please hurry up confess to me so I can properly reject your feelings with a smile."

joined Aug 29, 2023

"My lady, no one in their right mind would reject you, my heart hurts at the thought of somebody caring more about you than me or taking you away and I promise no matter what happens I'll always stay by your side. Could it be that you love me back after all? Now, please hurry up confess to me so I can properly reject your feelings with a smile."

Damn, I didn't know Nakatani Nio had a Dynasty account...

joined Aug 29, 2023

She makes neutron stars shake in their boots...

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Usually these characters are super dense and stuff, but I do like that here the thought process was less like, obliviousness to the possibility it was her, and more like, acknowledging that, but trying to consider other angles on it first to avoid any misunderstandings, and maybe committing to that a little too hard. Like, I respect the humility, and if she really was a Dense Black Hole like some other characters, that last conversation would not have turned out the way it did; she's not stupid, just doesn't want to assume. And I dig that vibe, helps kinda reinforce the theme that like, actually communicating effectively is better, without falling back on the usual more melodramatic angles.

Well said. That's mostly what I meant.

To reply you must either login or sign up.