Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kiwi is such a baka. :D

Also, I can't believe how perfect this was...

As for the new chapter...

That was quite an effective attack. Didn't work on Magenta, though.

And now it's time for Baiser to face her own mistake.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

MICHIKO’S ONLY 20!?

I really thought she 25 at the youngest

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Magenta time

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah... Utena, what did you think would happen if you put the other two out of commission...

Exactly this, I believe.

Wow, we really are not reading the same manga. Utena hates the fact that Magenta has Dark La Verita.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, she did realize what'd happen before it did. Only a little too late ^^;

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hmm... So, Baiser being Baiser, should we expect her to drag out Magenta's true La Verita in this fight?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like we might get thrown a curveball and get Alice's La Verità instead if Baiser and Leopard get incapacitated and she's left to fight Magenta on her own.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel like we might get thrown a curveball and get Alice's La Verità instead if Baiser and Leopard get incapacitated and she's left to fight Magenta on her own.

That would be awesome, but I am not sure even a Dark Magenta can present a large enough to warrant Alice's La Verita reveal, given how Alice has consistently been the second most powerful Enormeeta member after Baiser herself (and, at times, even more powerful than her). It would make much more narrative sense IMO to leave that thread dangling until the final climatic showdown against Venalita.

last edited at Jan 26, 2024 7:02AM

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ah... Utena, what did you think would happen if you put the other two out of commission...

Exactly this, I believe.

Wow, we really are not reading the same manga. Utena hates the fact that Magenta has Dark La Verita.

I assume this is some kind of plot to fix Dark LA Verita. Step one is to get Magenta to bust it out, step two is probably something horny, and step three is solving the problem.

Que%20sorpresa
joined Apr 28, 2019

Exactly this, I believe.

I assume this is some kind of plot to fix Dark LA Verita. Step one is to get Magenta to bust it out, step two is probably something horny, and step three is solving the problem.

Given at Utena instantly going "OH SHIT" the moment she sees magenta is transitioning to La Verita makes me think the point of this whole endeavor was just the usual "Magical Girl Molesting Monday" and not a expected outcome

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Also, I get the idea that this might lead to the "Dark La Verita" issue being resolved, somehow, buuuut ... how about it first "infecting" the other two too? Come on, we should get to see that as well ;)

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

Also, I get the idea that this might lead to the "Dark La Verita" issue being resolved, somehow, buuuut ... how about it first "infecting" the other two too? Come on, we should get to see that as well ;)

Finally someone asking the real questions. I've been wondering that for a bit now. When are we gonna get Azure and Sulfur's Dark La Verita?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Finally someone asking the real questions. I've been wondering that for a bit now. When are we gonna get Azure and Sulfur's Dark La Verita?

Not going to happen. There's no one other than Baiser who could possibly make this happen, there's pretty much no chance of her losing control like that again, and she's certainly not going to do it willingly, considering how much she's against even the existence of Magenta's dark La Verita.

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

Not going to happen. There's no one other than Baiser who could possibly make this happen, there's pretty much no chance of her losing control like that again, and she's certainly not going to do it willingly, considering how much she's against even the existence of Magenta's dark La Verita.

I agree that Baiser wouldn't willingly do that, but what if it spreads like a virus? Like what if Dark Magenta ends up accidentally infecting Azure and Sulfur somehow?

Images%20(24)
joined Jan 22, 2022

dark la verita magenta is so.... pleasing to look at

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I agree that Baiser wouldn't willingly do that, but what if it spreads like a virus? Like what if Dark Magenta ends up accidentally infecting Azure and Sulfur somehow?

Exactly. Especially since she has a big syringe to inject "things" into people.

... plus, who knows what the mascots are scheming.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Just because a manga is a horny manga doesn't mean the same type of horny has to apply to every part of it. The fact that the horniness in this manga remains grounded in "lmao why are female villains so sexual" combined with the (downplayed) internal conflict of Utena being obsessed with the genre yet messing with it herself keeps it a step above.
I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent. Spending an extra gushillion dollars on very drawn-out, smooth, detailed cuts of frankly boring shit and making it take way longer to adapt has to be made illegal or something. Like, this is the kind of manga that would do well adapted into one of those anime with effectively 500 unique frames an episode.

SHAFT wouldn't have done this so dirty, but they're high on monogatari bucks and we're never getting another pani poni or puni poemy ever again

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

Hi everyone! After seeing episode 2 I had to binge the whole manga. Then I read this thread, made an account and decided to make my own relationship chart. Please let me know what you think of it. What do you agree/disagree with? What's objectively right/wrong? What's subjectively right/wrong? Looking forward to hearing back <3

https://i.ibb.co/kKGkyPV/shipping.png

um.... Should we have a pure love arrow?

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

What do you think is the reason Magenta's immune to ASMR? Is it because she's too innocent to understand the sexual implication of ear touching/breathing/licking?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

What do you think is the reason Magenta's immune to ASMR? Is it because she's too innocent to understand the sexual implication of ear touching/breathing/licking?

I think it's simpler than that. As is in the name ASMR is a specific response, one that just not everybody experiences myself included. It simply doesn't do anything for some people, that's prob all there is to it xD

F2
joined Jan 14, 2024

um.... Should we have a pure love arrow?

My rough draft for this actually did have a Pure Love arrow. The funny thing is that it was completely useless. It was originally intended for the Sulfur -> Magenta spot, which I feel was the case at first. Now however I feel like Sulfur's love is becoming more lewd alongside Dark Magenta

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent.

Ok, then. I'll say it. I really do not like the animation in the anime version of this. It seems to be just about halfway between an actual anime style and something like Sakura Trick. Minimum effort all around, strange anatomy anomalies, and this I-can't-believe-it's-not-AI sort of odd feel to it. I love this manga, but the anime is extremely disappointing. The nudity-for-the-sake-of-nudity is also off-putting.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Good News, the anime is pulling some good number in pre-sales. One of the BDs even passed the 1k mark. If it keeps the momentum it may become one of the best-selling anime of the season.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=%E9%88%B4%E6%9C%A8+%E7%90%86%E4%BA%BA&i=dvd&language=en&ref=dp_byline_sr_dvd_1

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent.

Ok, then. I'll say it. I really do not like the animation in the anime version of this. It seems to be just about halfway between an actual anime style and something like Sakura Trick. Minimum effort all around, strange anatomy anomalies, and this I-can't-believe-it's-not-AI sort of odd feel to it. I love this manga, but the anime is extremely disappointing. The nudity-for-the-sake-of-nudity is also off-putting.

This has been known since the anime studio was announced and the PV was released, that the animation would be the weakest part of the show. And the nudity is just a selling point. Without the extra nudity, there won't be any BD sales and the hope of getting a better second season.

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent. Spending an extra gushillion dollars on very drawn-out, smooth, detailed cuts of frankly boring shit and making it take way longer to adapt has to be made illegal or something. Like, this is the kind of manga that would do well adapted into one of those anime with effectively 500 unique frames an episode.

The storyboarding and composition has been ok so far while the animation is the main problem. Unless you can give a proper example of where the bad composition is. I can't really see any studio aside from Asahi production picking up this series. But with their limited budget, they are still doing a decent job at the adaptation. We could have gotten a even more underwhelming adaptation like Mato Seihei no Slave did, so this is still better in comparison.

To reply you must either login or sign up.