Forum › Posts by Mizery

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

The issues you were pointing out were praised in both mal and reddit community. For chapter 10, they added extra anime original content in the azul scene to build up to the big moment, and also utena VA voice change elevated that scene you called underwhelming.

You also said the pacing was an issue which is strange because the anime's pacing has been good and sometimes better in some areas in than the manga

They added extra scenes in chapter 10 so viewers could get a better understanding of what azul was going through and also utena's worship for magical girls. The manga didn't do any of this and felt rushed compared to the anime

They also gave magenta a little bit of development in episode 6 because she needed it. She is the least developed in tres magia.

Also during the nemo and matama room episode, they added extra flashback scene to show nemo always felt that way (love) towards matama during the sex scene, so it doesn't look forced, just pure love.

With this you can clearly see the director knows the objective. Some animated scenes may not be fully up to the manga's quality, but they still try to improve it in other ways.

I'm not trying to say people shouldn't point out the flaws. But i see more people here pointing out flaws than praising the parts they got right.

last edited at Mar 17, 2024 12:50PM

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

This is the best adaptation we could have gotten from the studio. Even with the obvious lack of budget, you can clearly see they put a lot of effort into it. But it seems most people here just like nitpicking and expect a 1:1 perfect adaptation.

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent. Spending an extra gushillion dollars on very drawn-out, smooth, detailed cuts of frankly boring shit and making it take way longer to adapt has to be made illegal or something. Like, this is the kind of manga that would do well adapted into one of those anime with effectively 500 unique frames an episode.

The storyboarding and composition has been ok so far while the animation is the main problem. Unless you can give a proper example of where the bad composition is. I can't really see any studio aside from Asahi production picking up this series. But with their limited budget, they are still doing a decent job at the adaptation. We could have gotten a even more underwhelming adaptation like Mato Seihei no Slave did, so this is still better in comparison.

Oshinoko-9se7x5c0yskb1
joined Jan 3, 2024

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent.

Ok, then. I'll say it. I really do not like the animation in the anime version of this. It seems to be just about halfway between an actual anime style and something like Sakura Trick. Minimum effort all around, strange anatomy anomalies, and this I-can't-believe-it's-not-AI sort of odd feel to it. I love this manga, but the anime is extremely disappointing. The nudity-for-the-sake-of-nudity is also off-putting.

This has been known since the anime studio was announced and the PV was released, that the animation would be the weakest part of the show. And the nudity is just a selling point. Without the extra nudity, there won't be any BD sales and the hope of getting a better second season.