Forum › Love Bullet discussion

Space Sancho Uploader
Sancho%20copy
Sancho Step
joined Oct 13, 2023

A translation team in Vietnam said that Chiyo could be the cupid that appeared at the beginning of chapter 0. That means she has been a cupid for several hundred years. Yet she still hasn't been returned to her human life. Which means either a lot of "krama" is needed for that, or she caused so much trouble that all her "krama" was removed.
Edit: 100th comment

We actually think the Cupid in Chapter 0 is Chiyo as well! Though the Western hat + European lapel/suit the men are wearing in the prologue suggest it takes place around the Meiji or Taisho periods (which would be the late 1800s or early 1900s). So she'd be 100+ "years old" but maybe not much older than that.

Also, if you also look closely at the panels with their guns, each of the Cupids have a heart-shaped dial on their guns that are visible when the wings are lifted. Koharu's in Chapter 2 is completely blank/white, but in Chapter 0 (which takes place later in time), her dial is filled in a little bit. This dial might be an indicator of how much "karma" a Cupid has accumulated. Chiyo's dial in the last page of Chapter 3 looks to be around half-full so if it is really is a measure of how much karma's been gained, she's certainly not close to "retiring" (though perhaps by choice?).

It's fun to theory-craft with this story despite it being so early on since it seems like the author has planned out a lot of the lore/mechanics in advance :)

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I like how it's literally shipping wars

this manga is popular because the cupids are literally everyone on this site

I call dibs on the love grenade launcher

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't remember who Chiyo was, and didn't notice dials, but it's also possible she likes being a cupid and doesn't want to return.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I wonder how/if they'll wrap the best friend back in. Right now I'm hoping Koharu can reunite with Aki, but I'm not going to be surprised if Kiharu has to shoot Aki at some point and fall in love with one of the other cupids

We don't even need to let them cook on this, we're already here. Honestly maybe its better to have Aki shot this early, otherwise I'm just going to ship Aki and Koharu the entire time.

joined Apr 15, 2013

This is kind of an inherently cruel setup. Not just the thing with Aki, but the whole cupid situation in general. I suppose there is some message about sacrifice and overcoming your grief to do good for others, but meh. Maybe I'm jut over focusing on the negative. I do hope we get more of this soon.

joined May 10, 2021

What a cruel first assignment... Man you've got to hate this shitty afterlife of you're Koharu...
Also, are they that bored of the seemingly endless life as a cupids, that they just randomly go to war against each other?
Thanks for the chapters!

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I don't remember who Chiyo was, and didn't notice dials, but it's also possible she likes being a cupid and doesn't want to return.

Chiyo is the ponytail girl who just reappeared in chapter 3, "bullying" Koharu. And I also think that with her personality, she will choose to continue being a cupid. When she becomes a human again, she won't be able to hold a gun and shoot people anytime, anywhere like when she became a cupid

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Every single chapter passed 0 really makes me question if the Comedy tag is deserved. This is sadistic.

And I kind of love it. I can genuinely see why everything they are doing is morally grey even if it's technically a net positive for the universe, it's just really hard to see it that way from up close.

joined Feb 27, 2023

If we kill the childhood friend ending rn im so done

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Every single chapter passed 0 really makes me question if the Comedy tag is deserved. This is sadistic.

Nah, I don't think so. Sadism generally involves punishing people in fun ways that do not cause long-lasting trauma and grief. Not the case here.

Unless, of course, the sadism you mean is inflicted by the author onto us readers.

last edited at Jan 19, 2024 7:30AM

joined Jul 8, 2020

Best girl Aki, all this time and Aki still likes Koharu. Aki really deserve to be with Koharu tho, i hope there's a way but looking at it, i don't think it will go that way

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I think calling it sadistic is going too far, but I still agree that resolving your own former love as the very first job is rather mean-spirited. Especially since for Koharu it just happened. She should be given some time to move up to resolving it, as a way of moving on from her previous life, like a final task before moving from trainee to squad member after a period of training.

And I don't hold my breath for them reuniting. If I've learned anything from manga/novels, it is that when gods tell you it will be "a bit of work", you are in for at least a few decades of service. I think she will be lucky if anyone who knows her is still alive by the time she gains enough karma to go back.

Download20210304011519
joined Mar 24, 2021

Am I missing something? Why would they need body armor?

Presumably the body armor would protect from love bullets/ammo - the only times in Chapter 0 the Cupids were hit were when body armor was rendered useless (Kanna was shot in the head and there's not much you can do with a grenade at your feet).

In general it looks like more of a personal preference for the Cupids. Chiyo is the least protected + casually dressed in just a flight jacket but is clearly the most competent fighter of the gang, so it could speak to her confidence in winning bouts with other Cupids without needing any protection.

knee pads/gloves aside, i was thinking koharu's body armor was related to how she died, but maybe that's just a coincidence.

really enjoying this series so far!

Aaaaaaaaa
joined May 2, 2012

I really like this so far.

Kind of cried a bit when they showed Aki's file.

joined Jun 8, 2022

I'm surprised that you get reincarnated back at the age when you originally died, even if the world moves on while you're dead. I wouldn't think you'd get to keep your original looks, and throwing people back into the mortal realm with memories of supernatural shenanigans seems not conducive to such things staying mystical and mysterious. So that detail just makes me more curious about how the arrangement actually works.

I didn't really expect them to reunite in any true or meaningful manner. The most I'm expecting is Aki getting a fleeting glance at Koharu, perhaps as she asks herself if it's really okay to move on.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I just noticed, the bird at the start of chapter 3 has the same red zig-zag as the cupids. I wonder if that's significant? Maybe some cupids can transform?

This is kind of an inherently cruel setup. Not just the thing with Aki, but the whole cupid situation in general. I suppose there is some message about sacrifice and overcoming your grief to do good for others, but meh. Maybe I'm jut over focusing on the negative. I do hope we get more of this soon.

Love gods are notoriously not very nice, even by divine standards. Aphrodite, specifically, was a war god both before becoming popular in Greece and after her romanization, so some violence probably shouldn't come as a surprise.

Am I missing something? Why would they need body armor?

Presumably the body armor would protect from love bullets/ammo - the only times in Chapter 0 the Cupids were hit were when body armor was rendered useless (Kanna was shot in the head and there's not much you can do with a grenade at your feet).

In general it looks like more of a personal preference for the Cupids. Chiyo is the least protected + casually dressed in just a flight jacket but is clearly the most competent fighter of the gang, so it could speak to her confidence in winning bouts with other Cupids without needing any protection.

A translation team in Vietnam said that Chiyo could be the cupid that appeared at the beginning of chapter 0. That means she has been a cupid for several hundred years. Yet she still hasn't been returned to her human life. Which means either a lot of "krama" is needed for that, or she caused so much trouble that all her "krama" was removed.
Edit: 100th comment

We actually think the Cupid in Chapter 0 is Chiyo as well! Though the Western hat + European lapel/suit the men are wearing in the prologue suggest it takes place around the Meiji or Taisho periods (which would be the late 1800s or early 1900s). So she'd be 100+ "years old" but maybe not much older than that.

Also, if you also look closely at the panels with their guns, each of the Cupids have a heart-shaped dial on their guns that are visible when the wings are lifted. Koharu's in Chapter 2 is completely blank/white, but in Chapter 0 (which takes place later in time), her dial is filled in a little bit. This dial might be an indicator of how much "karma" a Cupid has accumulated. Chiyo's dial in the last page of Chapter 3 looks to be around half-full so if it is really is a measure of how much karma's been gained, she's certainly not close to "retiring" (though perhaps by choice?).

It's fun to theory-craft with this story despite it being so early on since it seems like the author has planned out a lot of the lore/mechanics in advance :)

Girl can outright deflect automatic weapons fire with her uzis. I feel like she's found other ways to spend her points.

Aphrodite: I see you've accumulated enough points to be revived. Are you ready to go back to living?
Chiyo: I don't know. ... I mean, I've been using a bow this whole time, but the mortals have been working on these really cool guns and I kind-of want to see how much damage I could do if you gave me one...
Aphrodite: You are clearly one of my people. I'll just put you down for the deluxe package then?

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Okay, these couple of chapters are a little heavy, but we get (hopefully) closure on Aki and Koharu's relationship so that both can move on and allow the story to get back to the slap-stick love gun (yes, that is a deliberate Kiss reference lol) and grenades.

Wonder if we will be getting the backstories of the other Cupids or if it's going to be Koharu centric?

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Man... carrying a torch all this time for her dead girl. Aki you are a real one.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Getting to be a cupid under those circumstances would definitely make me give a big middle finger to that so-called love goddess. What sort of fucked up god comes up with this system and thinks it's any level of being "nice"?

... also, how on earth does the world move on but you get reincarnated back at your own age? Do you get a new family? What about your ID, job, anything? Do you travel back in time!? But then what about the people who moved on without you ...
... I can't imagine that making any level of sense.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm probably wrong, but this chapter has me wondering if perhaps Koharu is in a coma and the premise of the story is Koharu doing well as a Cupid so she can wake up and be with Aki. I normally hate coma theories but this chapter just got me wondering.

These latest chapters have reinforced my belief in my theory

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

If they mutually liked each other then how did she become a cupid? I thought only people who had never gotten to experience love were chosen right?

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

If they mutually liked each other then how did she become a cupid? I thought only people who had never gotten to experience love were chosen right?

Koharu never actually comes to the conclusion that she was in love with Aki, what she did realize was that she wanted to fall in love but hadn't. Which by my understanding is the more important pre-requisite to becoming a cupid.

joined Jun 8, 2022

Yeah, Aki's confession caught her completely flat-footed. A lot of these sorts of stories go the with the idea that the second girl is secretly or subconsciously into the first, but that doesn't seem like the vibe at play here. If she'd had time to consider the idea and feel things out in that context, maybe she would have ended up in a relationship with Aki, but any romantic affection on her part would need to get built from the ground up to get there. Or at least that's how it looks to me.

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

Aki looks gay as fuck.

And goddamn, what a brutal first mission. I get that Aki's supposed to move on, but sheesh.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm surprised that you get reincarnated back at the age when you originally died, even if the world moves on while you're dead. I wouldn't think you'd get to keep your original looks, and throwing people back into the mortal realm with memories of supernatural shenanigans seems not conducive to such things staying mystical and mysterious. So that detail just makes me more curious about how the arrangement actually works.

Perhaps you never get to reincarnate, they just tease you with that to get you to work for them. Then, when you get enough "karma" they get rid of you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.