Forum › I'm a Commoner Living My Life Beguiling the Duke's Daughter discussion

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

has this been ai upscaled? or am i going crazy? it just has the kinda weird smoothness ai upscaling brings

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Lisette best girl

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Main character -- OP
Pacing -- insane
Gayness -- 100%

I'm in.

Devka
joined Nov 30, 2023

has this been ai upscaled? or am i going crazy? it just has the kinda weird smoothness ai upscaling brings

I don't think that it was, I worked with ai upscale things a couple years ago, it had some specific anomalies I can't really see there. Though, it was two years ago, and probably the technology developed quite a lot since then (just as all the other ai did).
The style is a bit weird, I agree, but at least their eyes are on the same level most of the time, so it's not that bad...

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Kakashi If he was a girl and a lesbian...

joined Aug 30, 2023

No don't think straight, think GAY!

joined Mar 15, 2022

This is like… the opposite of slow burn. Det cord pacing, love to see it

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

No sense of pacing, and the art is weirdly off. 3D program painted over or something ... ? Meh. Maybe it'll do something fun but having to resort to the "random rival girl" appears right away and the completely over-the-top-Mary-Sueness of the heroine doesn't sound promising.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 10:35AM

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

I don't think that it was, I worked with ai upscale things a couple years ago, it had some specific anomalies I can't really see there. Though, it was two years ago, and probably the technology developed quite a lot since then (just as all the other ai did).
The style is a bit weird, I agree, but at least their eyes are on the same level most of the time, so it's not that bad...

specifically, the first chapter has some weird artifacts that are telltale for AI and loses some of the details of the backgrounds, which is a shame. i assume it was just to bring up the resolution but it does remove some of the artists' original detail. its a bit distracting.

the second chapter is far far crisper so i assume they got better scans for that one and didnt need to upscale it.

androids do not bug also has the same look to it and is from the same scanlator so i assume it was also upscaled with AI - i understand the thought process but it is noticeable if you look for it and does ruin a bit of the art for me. looking forward to reading the rest of this series anyway :)

joined Apr 10, 2023

I always find these kinds of "good at everything" protagonists to be pretty lame but maybe if she uses it to just beguile a new rich lady every chapter I'll accept it

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Super nice and funny characters, and very gay, though I'm not so keen on Lisette falling for Lilah like that. It doesn't have the Harem tag so we'll see.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 10:45AM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Harem tag incoming?

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

wow this pacing is nuts

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

Our MC is OP and and has charming abilities. It easily has the ability to The a harem if it were a dude MC but with a set love interest, this looks entertaining. I don’t know how long this will be but I’m looking forward to this a lot.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Photographic memory, good observational skills, strong enough to lift another person, lightning fast reflexes, and an interesting aptitude for magic . . . .

The strength, observation skills, and reflexes could potentially have been developed as survival mechanisms from whatever hell her "adoptive parents" put her through. Her magic may be some kind of "monkey see, monkey do better" baloney, but I'm going to assume from the pacing and immediate introduction of a rival that that's not the case - she was probably just kinda slapped together to be able to handle just about anything with little to no character development.

Ah, well, it's still interesting :)

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

this is very shounen op mc type of shit hahahahh but it's gay, I love it

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

This is like… the opposite of slow burn. Det cord pacing, love to see it

That is a brilliant term and I'm going to use it the next chance I get.

joined Apr 14, 2022

i'm becoming too jaded to mary sues, even the gayness is somehow not satisfying when capital-L Ladies are throwing themselves all over the protagonist at first sight

joined May 3, 2014

i'm becoming too jaded to mary sues, even the gayness is somehow not satisfying when capital-L Ladies are throwing themselves all over the protagonist at first sight

true, i will give it 3 more chapters before i drop it if the story continues like this

Wwdemon150
joined Mar 11, 2018

Otome-class cogntitohazard detected. Monitoring authorized.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Yep, I like this one

joined Jul 8, 2019

Thought would be a crappy isekai, found a team of aggressively shipping maids, SOLD!

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Second this, I think I'm spoiled by the amount of yuri we have now. Some years back any yuri was a god sent and I'll devour the lowest of the low and still loving it.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Kakashi If he was a girl and a lesbian...

I was thinking Taskmaster, but that works too.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Photographic memory, good observational skills, strong enough to lift another person, lightning fast reflexes, and an interesting aptitude for magic . . . .

The strength, observation skills, and reflexes could potentially have been developed as survival mechanisms from whatever hell her "adoptive parents" put her through. Her magic may be some kind of "monkey see, monkey do better" baloney, but I'm going to assume from the pacing and immediate introduction of a rival that that's not the case - she was probably just kinda slapped together to be able to handle just about anything with little to no character development.

Ah, well, it's still interesting :)

Yeah, the first chapter had me thinking the MC was going to have to rely on her observational skills to survive the world of the nobility and all their scheming, low-power badass style, but now she can apparently use magic at an almost expert level simply by seeing someone do it once or twice (despite having almost no familiarity with it before said chapter). Add to that the fact that how unintentionally charming she apparently is, and my Mary Sue alarm is starting to go off.

I’ll probably give it a couple more chapters to see if this is all just a case of early story weirdness and my suspicions are wrong (which, considering the pacing so far, might constitute the entire story), but I’m not holding my breath.

To reply you must either login or sign up.