Forum › The Desperate March of Love discussion

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This sucks.

joined Jul 10, 2021

The more I read this the more I despise Ami.

joined May 10, 2021

Why's the art so fluffy and comfy, but the story (just Ami really) so shit...
I'll still read it through the end since it's short, and hope for the best.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Nov 16, 2022

Eh starting to get annoyed of this garbage..latest ch sucked ass

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
joined Nov 3, 2023

Koi no Zetsubou Koushinkyoku is by the same lady who authored Idol Oneechan in the 'Musunde, Tsumuide' anthology. You really can tell it's the same artist.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

This is so fucking juicy.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, think I'll come back at the end chapter to see if something worthwhile happens in it. People say it's the journey, not the destination, but this is a crap journey so I'll just tune in at the destination to see if Ami has something unpleasant happen to her.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Ami is….???? Girl, watch yourself. Her manipulation isn’t even fun to read it’s just assholeish at this point

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Oh, she is no taking their relationship serious

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Player

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Goddamn this bitch's toxic, she's treating her like a doormat.

joined Mar 4, 2017

God damn. it really sucks when you first love is a narcissistic sociopath. :(

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Idk, I kind of enjoy the pain...?

I'm also reading "There's No Love Wishing on This Star" for the pain lol. The hateable character in that may not realize her best friend's in love with her. Ami knows and Ami is cat poopoo

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

I think Ami a terrible person but honestly Rei also need to learn to have some self respect and not let someone treat her like this.

Is this what is considered comedy? Because all I feel is pain heh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't believe I didn't see this coming...

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

Criminy. Based on the comments, Ami is the Linda McMahon to the readers' Vince McMahon at WrestleMania X-7.

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

Everyone has said it by now, but Ami is kind of an asshole lol. However I did think that part where she says Rei looked "totally stunning" was really sweet.

Ami also stood up for Rei against the creep while not realizing it was Rei, so maybe she's not exactly a "bad" person. I'll definitely stick around and keep reading to see how this ends.

last edited at Nov 11, 2023 3:31AM

joined Apr 17, 2017

The art is delightful, but what a strange way to play this story. So far it's like Rei is Elmer Fudd and Ami is Bugs Bunny, constantly yanking the rug out from under Rei to reveal an aching chasm beneath. Rei winds up to receive love, and gets hit in the face with a mallet or has her feelings blown up with dynamite every time.

The youth of the characters is handled very strangely, as well. They look extremely young, but they act increasingly sophisticated. And when they get dressed up to do out, they sort of present as adults. I think by the end of this third chapter it seems clear enough that Ami isn't some quirky girl who doesn't understand her feelings, but she is rather a straight-up sociopath. She tells Rei point-blank she prioritizes her own well-being above everyone else's, and tells Rei she enjoys tormenting her, because she enjoys seeing all the emotions Rei produces flit over her face as a result. She describes feeling not much of anything for Rei, and every time Rei decides it's better to give up (at least once in each chapter so far, unless I'm mistaken), Ami starts splitting hairs over how she words things, does whatever she thinks she needs to do, whatever little doling out of "affection" will keep Rei coming back for more.

I appreciate the earnestness of Rei a lot, and that, combined with the art, has kept me reading so far––that, and knowing it's not very long. But gosh, the emotional cruelty is not what I'm ever here for. It reminds me quite a bit of The Feelings We All Must Endure––which I gradually came around to appreciating quite a lot? So maybe I'll come around on this one, too. The author isn't making it hard to hate Ami, though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Rei can walk away anytime.

It's not like Ami deceived her.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I am going to get back to this when all the chapters are out and I hope Ami gets what she deserves.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The art is delightful, but what a strange way to play this story. So far it's like Rei is Elmer Fudd and Ami is Bugs Bunny, constantly yanking the rug out from under Rei to reveal an aching chasm beneath. Rei winds up to receive love, and gets hit in the face with a mallet or has her feelings blown up with dynamite every time.

The youth of the characters is handled very strangely, as well. They look extremely young, but they act increasingly sophisticated. And when they get dressed up to do out, they sort of present as adults. I think by the end of this third chapter it seems clear enough that Ami isn't some quirky girl who doesn't understand her feelings, but she is rather a straight-up sociopath. She tells Rei point-blank she prioritizes her own well-being above everyone else's, and tells Rei she enjoys tormenting her, because she enjoys seeing all the emotions Rei produces flit over her face as a result. She describes feeling not much of anything for Rei, and every time Rei decides it's better to give up (at least once in each chapter so far, unless I'm mistaken), Ami starts splitting hairs over how she words things, does whatever she thinks she needs to do, whatever little doling out of "affection" will keep Rei coming back for more.

I appreciate the earnestness of Rei a lot, and that, combined with the art, has kept me reading so far––that, and knowing it's not very long. But gosh, the emotional cruelty is not what I'm ever here for. It reminds me quite a bit of The Feelings We All Must Endure––which I gradually came around to appreciating quite a lot? So maybe I'll come around on this one, too. The author isn't making it hard to hate Ami, though.

You explained the strange feeling of the manga really well. I would have said Charlie Brown and Lucy, but Looney Toones works too (except of course each gag cycle takes much longer than both examples).

joined Aug 1, 2022

Honestly i don't see Ami as a "sociopath" but as a really social and nice girl not taking Rei's feelings as seriously as she should. Which to me feels like normal child/teen behavior. Like a little stinker. Like she's only an ass in that way but outside of that she does care about the well-being of others like keeping creeps away from people.

She's being honest with Rei, just Rei is way too invested and inexperienced to feel she deserves better in a relationship because she wants things Ami doesn't. I feel for both of them, esp since Ami may be in a troubling relationship with her teacher.

Anyway, im in it for the ride, maybe see some drama in the future. But I'm rooting for both of them.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Everyone has said it by now, but Ami is kind of an asshole lol. However I did think that part where she says Rei looked "totally stunning" was really sweet.

Ami also stood up for Rei against the creep while not realizing it was Rei, so maybe she's not exactly a "bad" person. I'll definitely stick around and keep reading to see how this ends.

That's what makes it even more painful, imo. Rei gets swept away every time Ami shows a modicum of chivalry, or is slightly considerate, just to IMMEDIATELY do a complete 180° and do the most assholish things.

Makes me go back to what she said on ch.1, she really would've been better off if Ami just rejected her outright.

joined Nov 21, 2023

i like that this manga shakes up the yuri formula, granted in a different way i woulda liked, but it’s nice to see something else for a change.

rei is really adorable and i relate to her a lot, and yeah, she’s “needy” but when you’re young you think your crush is your whole world. plus, she’s actually pretty bold (compared to other yuri protagonists).

as for ami… i dunno actually. she reminds me of those straight girls that lead you on cause they like the attention. though this is yuri so she’ll probably come around eventually, but i don’t know how the author will write out ami’s reasons for accepting rei’s confession. all we got is that ami likes seeing rei embarrass herself. also i guess she can be annoying but the fact that i see more people willing to call her a sociopath than fuuko, (from “my girlfriend is not here today”) let’s me know that people are trippin’ (not that i hate messed up characters like fuuko but it’s just an observation i made)

the teacher is quite suspicious though and perhaps this manga will get a lot darker than i expected (which is welcomed)

joined Sep 26, 2022

not a fan man

To reply you must either login or sign up.