Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Aizawa-san's been on a 2 month hiatus now; it's not that I've fallen behind. Nothing to be concerned about either, just a standard volume break. Apparently chapter 13 is done but just missed the October deadline. Dorothy said she's "excited/scared" to see everyone's reactions to it.

Also volume 2 is on November 8th. Back cover is a super cute Kasumi getting princess carried by Sayaka.

Rereading the series, and a few mysterious reactions stuck out to me:
1) In chapter 8, when Honda sees Michi pinned under the shelf in the gym storage shed, she does not shout "Michy!" as you'd expect, she shouts Michi's last name, "Kurotori!". She's right back to calling her Michy again the next panel, as she helps Kasumi pick the shelf up. What's up with that? Given that was a reflexive shout in panic compared to everything else, it makes me wonder if her apparent closeness to Michi something that she's forcing to some degree.

I think Reona just drops her silliness when things get serious. Though there's room to suspect she'd get a subplot later related to why she's hanging out with the unpopular kids. I think we are due for a Reona arc soon since she's the best gateway into De:Lphinus.

2) When Senpai arrives at the nurse's office afterwards, Michi and the possessed Kasumi are behind a curtain, with Honda on the other side. What's she doing out there, separated from the others? And when Senpai tells her to go find the nurse, she's got sweatdrops and seems really nervous. It's just kinda weird. Why was she still hanging out in the nurse's office but not with Michi and Kasumi? Why was she scared of Senpai?

She knew about Sayaka's reputation as an unpredictable weirdo so didn't want to go near her. But since she's the one who told the teachers, she was probably stuck explaining to Sayaka (since she helps the nurse) and Aizawa wouldn't leave Michi's side.

3) In chapter 10, when Aizawa helps Senpai find the sulking Michi in the stairwell, Michi is shocked to see Senpai talking to Aizawa as if she's normal- and I am too, considering this scene has Aizawa floating around (it's even got a "float..." sound effect to emphasize it. And the "weird guy" she threw ink at in the previous chapter's flashback is obviously inhuman as well, given his shape: Does Senpai just think it's totally normal for some people to fly or have wounds that never heal forever on their bodies or have monstrous shapes?

I don't like attributing everything to memory loss or curses, but since they're in play, it's possible Sayaka is also cursed to somehow not recognize ghosts. Or there's the line of thinking that Sayaka is actually the special one for not triggering Aizawa's ghostliness. I wouldn't bet on it—I think it's extremely likely she's just a big gay dummy—but until we know what kind of ghost Aizawa is or more about ghosts in general it's a possibility Michi isn't the unique one getting spooked by her.

Also I'm not sure how literal the floating is. It's a consistent SFX Aizawa gets but it could be more of a metaphorical thing with her being lighter than a physical body. Normally she's running around on the ground except in gag panels where she might come out of top frame or something.

4) In that same conversation, Senpai waves to Michi, who plays dumb and says "maybe it's a ghost then I dunno lol". Senpai laughs it off, who would believe in ghosts at their age? And Aizawa breaths a sigh of relief for some reason. Why was Aizawa relieved? Did she want Senpai to think she's a normal living student? If so, why'd she float in front of her lol.

Sayaka had just asked if Michi if she was ignoring Aizawa because they were fighting, so I imagine that's what she was sighing in relief at. Which is interesting if we assume Aizawa hasn't lost her memories, doesn't know that Michi has, and thinks Michi might be mad at her for something.

joined Apr 10, 2023

4) In that same conversation, Senpai waves to Michi, who plays dumb and says "maybe it's a ghost then I dunno lol". Senpai laughs it off, who would believe in ghosts at their age? And Aizawa breaths a sigh of relief for some reason. Why was Aizawa relieved? Did she want Senpai to think she's a normal living student? If so, why'd she float in front of her lol.

Sayaka had just asked if Michi if she was ignoring Aizawa because they were fighting, so I imagine that's what she was sighing in relief at. Which is interesting if we assume Aizawa hasn't lost her memories, doesn't know that Michi has, and thinks Michi might be mad at her for something.

... Wait wouldn't that require Aizawa to think Michi sees her? Because if she thinks Michi can't, as she's trying to pretend in the scene, then she'd have to idea who Senpai was referring to with her question about fighting. She doesn't mention Aizawa's name, and actually would have no way to know it unless Aizawa secretly talked to her where we didn't see it. Honestly, considering that Michi's friends have noticed her "starring into space" it would be more weird if Aizawa DIDN'T think Michi could see her.
Actually that reminds me, in the chapter where Michi visits Aizawa in child form in her sleep, Aizawa instantly reacts to seeing her real body the next day, diving in for a hug. She clearly perceives both forms of Michi as the same person. That feels interesting to me but idk what if anything it implies lol. Maybe Michi saw herself as a child in the dream but Aizawa didn't, or maybe it'll turn out they knew each other as kids.

last edited at Oct 13, 2023 9:57AM

joined Apr 26, 2022

KITOU AKARIIIIIIIII

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The distorted images are always quite the sight...

joined Apr 10, 2023

Dorothy-sensei keeps drawing Seta more and more feminine lol. Maybe the shocking twist ending of the series is that Aizawa will eventually possess his body and trans it to her liking. The world's first afab trans woman idol.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The extra pages look like shitposts.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

That scared pic was great

Beso%20tini%20emilia%20clipboard011
joined Aug 25, 2023

Oh well -- nobody's perfect, as Joe E. Brown said.

I've always thought "Daphne" would have no choice but to marry him after that reply. I mean, Osgood Fielding demolished "her" in that discussion—and after the last reply, "she" was left speechless and with no arguments left!

...Wut?

Aren't they about that Marilyn movie, Some Like It Hot?

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Name a better male character in a yuri than Seta
I'll wait
In fact, name another good one

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Dorothy-sensei keeps drawing Seta more and more feminine lol. Maybe the shocking twist ending of the series is that Aizawa will eventually possess his body and trans it to her liking. The world's first afab trans woman idol.

Now THAT would be a plot twist!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Michi's profile is low-key concerning... maybe it's just because she's been too busy dealing with ghosts, but it's like the girl has been living her life on auto-pilot. Detached from earthly existence.

When I saw that pin-up of him in the skirt, I just thought it was a random guy. It's classic Seta that for a hot minute I forgot he had been in the manga at all

last edited at Nov 13, 2023 12:17AM

Capture%20d%e2%80%99%c3%a9cran%202023-07-20%20113509%20-%20copy
joined Jul 9, 2023

I guess dream/young Kurotori is the source of the ghosts powers in the school? Kurotori is very unaware of the powers she has since she is always pretending not to see ghosts and acts detached.

Maybe Aizawa is not here because she wants to be here but because of dream/young Kurotori.

joined Oct 19, 2023

Was that ending implying that Aizawa had her own spirit sense whe she was alive?

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Is Michi the irregular existence? I think we're supposed to assume it's Aizawa, but there isn't so much to indicate she's that different, except for being seemingly more docile than anything. Michi's ghost attraction though...

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

THE POWER OF NEO
THE SMOOTH TASTE OF NEO

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

ah so that's how it is

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Was that ending implying that Aizawa had her own spirit sense whe she was alive?

We've gotten hints that something recently happened to Michi and that it effected her memory, so I took it as a hint that Neo was involved with that incident and regretted not being able to help more.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I guess no one is going to mention Neo has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT artstyle from the rest of the manga. She escaped from a Vampire Miyu book. Also Clingy Aizawa is love!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I guess no one is going to mention Neo has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT artstyle from the rest of the manga. She escaped from a Vampire Miyu book.

Hehe, you got that right. But we are still within the framework of vintage shoujo style!

Btw I thought the ghost in the shed would be more important in the story... but it was just a mook who went down with one punch? Bit disappointed there.

last edited at Nov 16, 2023 8:20PM

THE POWER OF NEO
THE SMOOTH TASTE OF NEO

Aizawa, I remember now, you're SNOWGRAVES

joined Aug 21, 2017

@fauce: Japanese school year starts in early Spring so your analysis/facts sheet has holes :/
As an explanation of what I mean, you tie the festival event to why Michi lost her friends between middle and high school, but by the time the festival occurred, she had been in high school for at least a few months.

Foiled again by the Ministry of ... Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology? That's a lot broader than I expected.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah, I see. Michiru is also already dead.

Speculation: Michiru has been dead for A HOT MINUTE, and she and Aizawa were childhood friends. Idk why she has a corporeal form but I guess Karasuma sealed her into a body or something. Michiru also being dead is the only way she and Aizawa can have a happy ending, anyway.

last edited at Nov 16, 2023 10:14PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

Wait if the exorcist new Michiru when she was young why didn't she say anything to her when she went through that window? Or even react at all? Throughout the excorcism she didn't act like there was anything special with Michiru or that she knew her at all until the very end.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I guess no one is going to mention Neo has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT artstyle from the rest of the manga. She escaped from a Vampire Miyu book.

Hehe, you got that right. But we are still within the framework of vintage shoujo style!

Btw I thought the ghost in the shed would be more important in the story... but it was just a mook who went down with one punch? Bit disappointed there.

lol same, If figured ol' multieyes was a primary antagonist. Honestly still kinda conflicted about the rather extreme deescalation of tension that comes with Girl Neo coming through and bullet timing all the ghosts in the school. Wonder if we're going to end up rebounding hard from this in some way.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Neat, looks like Sayaka has the fuzzy irises as well. Went back to older chapters to check.

The AAA symbols around school are definitely young Michi's doing. Sayaka said they've been everywhere lately, and that's likely related to how hard it was for Neo to enter the school.

The last few pages really sounds like Neo has to do with how young Michi is acting independently from current Michi. I support the theory that she's been sealed away in her own body somehow

To reply you must either login or sign up.