Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I still think Kon os a ghost.

joined Apr 15, 2013

I feel like quarterly series work a bit better when they are more than 8 pages long. And perhaps occasionally have any explanation as to what is happening.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Where is Kon?!?!
Where is the plot in this?!?!
I don't understand nothing at this point

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm so invested in this story even though I often have no idea of what is going on.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Take a swig of booze everytime someone mentions going in the hole.

Yeet bitch can yeet right off.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

All l can think about is Furuka's freckles and where Kon is. You know, important things. This girl fucked around and found out.

Some part of me thinks she's secretly had gay for FuruKon, but after how she acted, her breakup with a boy is still just a "sucks to be you, bro".

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I still think Kon os a ghost.

Well, there's a surprising lack of interaction between her and other people, that's true.

My theory is that she is actually the monster, or is heavily influenced by the monster, set out to lure girls into the cave. But she also started liking Furuka for real, making her motivations rather muddled.

Now I still need explained why Furuka seems to have forgotten about Kon.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I'm so lost. I had to search the depths of my memory to remember she was one of the girls who had a spat with our MC. But I don't remember who she is and why she's all blushy blushy with MC now......

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Every time I restart this from the beginning because I've forgotten everything since the last update several months ago, I'm struck with how goddamn cute Furuka is, and how adorable Kon acts.

Freckles are a miracle underrepresented in manga and anime.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Forgive her so much she want to ask where she live

Yes, because the proper response to someone disappearing right in front of you is "Oh, where does she live again?"

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Forgive her so much she want to ask where she live

Yes, because the proper response to someone disappearing right in front of you is "Oh, where does she live again?"

I mean, Furuka got out, it's only logical to first try to see whether Kon is home as well before starting to panic.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"Where's Kon?"

"She's in the hole"

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Wait..... Aw, shit. Was I wrong? I was so sure Kon was a ghost...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Plot is finally starting to move again.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I'm a bit torn on that girl. On one hand her first interaction was completely unlikable and she deserved getting blown away like that. Even when she came back she was acting kinda aggressive. And I couldn't care less that her boyfriend was an asshole.

On the other hand, she seems legitimately hurt, and while she's still kinda rude, it's like another level (lower) compared to before ? And she's actually helping now...

I still don't exactly like her, but I kinda want her to get a redemption arc. And I don't really know why.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I like how even the author note at the top of the first page acknowledges that it's a confusing comic.

Furuka's freckles are still incredible but also I want to give her a hug because she was treated horribly by the bitches at her last school.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Finally some confirmation...

That Kon's not a ghost! For now...

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I left off on chapter 18, summary of what happened for my reference later:

Blonde and Kon go to the hole where the monster is. They see tentacles when they go further in the cave after the monster gusts wind at them. All of the abalones offered at the shrine are there. Blonde goes pee and Kon gets led away by a fake blonde. Blonde passes out and wakes up outside by the shrine. She walks back to her auntie's house. Auntie got mad at her for going in the hole, but the girl bully she blew away with wind knocks on her door. They walk a ways, the bully says hey I was in the hospital of course I'm mad at you still. Blonde walks away, bully confesses that she broke up with her first love because he was dating three other girls. Belly says I never want to see him again and wants to leave the island. I'm blonde says you've probably should leave the island, and left her school because people thought it was creepy she confessed to another girl. Blonde says I heard you out so tell me where Kon's house is. So she takes her to Kon's house. She asks the mom if she's home, mom says she hasn't been home.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This has enough plot to chew on but I'm too worried about Kon to do it... She could still be in the cave doing who knows what.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Honestly genuinely good decision to trans the aunt's gender she's like actually really hot lmao.

70420323_p4_master1200-min
joined Dec 28, 2018

I'm a bit torn on that girl. On one hand her first interaction was completely unlikable and she deserved getting blown away like that. Even when she came back she was acting kinda aggressive. And I couldn't care less that her boyfriend was an asshole.

On the other hand, she seems legitimately hurt, and while she's still kinda rude, it's like another level (lower) compared to before ? And she's actually helping now...

I still don't exactly like her, but I kinda want her to get a redemption arc. And I don't really know why.

I think she has a thing for furuka the way she keeps blushing around her

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I just really love how this author draws faces.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Feels like we're about to get more information from the aunt now.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Damn Furuka yeeted that girl so high she fell for her hard

last edited at Dec 7, 2023 6:40PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.