Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Very cosy vibe to this chapter (and the series in general).

"Cosy" was the word I was looking for to describe this chapter, thank you!

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

She figured out how to make a space for Ruri to "come home" to. Very important that she understands her value to Ruri and what she can do for her that others cannot. Ruri can handle her own stress and Hato can be part of that, no matter what form their relationship takes. Very cosy vibe to this chapter (and the series in general).

Agreed on all points. Specifically, Hato making a space that is "for Ruri" was a simple and adorable development that I'm a huge fan of.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Odd question, but does anyone know what that "couch" she bought at the end would actually be called? I kind-of want one.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

To note: the relationship between Hato and Ruri isn't romantic in nature. Asako says as much at the end: don't help her because she's a celebrity or because she's a (romantic) partner, but because she's a "neighbor", ie someone who lives next to you. Echoing her former situation with Miyako. She's not quite a stranger, not quite a friend, but someone you know well enough to try to help them.

Asako is giving Hato a reason to help Ruri, which she didn't really have before.

Told you so.

Below is what we said about it:

Doesn't seem like an indication of whether Hato and Ruri's relationship is (or will be) romantic or not. Asako is basically saying, "you may not know how to help her through all of her problems but you still have the ability to help her in your own unique way because you know her in your own unique way." I mean Miyako and Asako's "neighborly relationship," certainly became romantic--it doesn't mean Ruri and Hato will too but I don't think this convo implies one way or the other.

Didn't say it had to be romantic but that she would learn how to find and deepen her unique presence in Ruri's life. She did that. Anyway this chapter doesn't indicate what their potential endings will be. So it's premature, either way.

Love this series though!

last edited at Sep 21, 2023 4:16PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

After see Ruri dance, their obviously want to be scissored by her

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Odd question, but does anyone know what that "couch" she bought at the end would actually be called? I kind-of want one.

It depends on how specific you want to be, but I think they're generally called "japanese style" chairs/sofas. The main characteristic being that they have no legs, or very short ones.

I agree though, seems nice. Like a beanbag but with more structure...

last edited at Sep 21, 2023 5:43PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Futon chair is the term I've seen. Eg, https://www.karupdesign.com/en/product/nido-natural-816701701090

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I love that the reason she is wary of going home is that being recognized would be a disaster and a half.

joined Jun 11, 2021

ughhh theyre so cute i want them to be more affectionate with each other

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Super lovely, and very happy that it seems we still have a ways to go.

joined Apr 28, 2019

That was so wholesome!!! i need moreeee

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

One of my favorite things about this series is how Asako is pretty much completely out and it's not a big deal. That conversation between Miyako and Asako's dad was super sweet, and I laughed at the bit with Asako's album.

I was a worried about Miyako's parents when she started talking about how "serious" they were, but it seems like the issue is that she's worried about not being "ordinary" due to being an ex-idol, which is kind of a wholesome reason to be anxious.

joined May 23, 2020

Asako's mom is too hot, thought it was a big sister or something. Let's hope this never ends because these two are adorable.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Damn that was cute though.

joined Jun 10, 2021

Asako's mom is too hot, thought it was a big sister or something. Let's hope this never ends because these two are adorable.

The dad is hot, too. Normally, in these types of manga, fathers of people as old as Asako are drawn to look much older.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Let's hope this never ends because these two are adorable.

Seconded, just keep going until Asako and Miyako are grannies.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Chapter 24 is the last chapter of volume 4 and it ends with "To Be Continued".

Which means there'll be at least a volume 5.

I can't believe it's been two and half a year I've been translating this.

last edited at Oct 16, 2023 3:39AM

joined Oct 30, 2018

I can't believe it's been two and half a year I've been translating this.

Nothing but praises all these years, bless.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Really, woman, you wanted to take her grandma's crab to your parents without taking her along? o_O

Mom looks exactly like Miyako's disguise. :D

And the father's reactions are just pure comedy cold. :D

joined Mar 30, 2022

Does Yodokawa draw guys much? I feel like Asako's dad looks kinda fem, like it's a struggle to not draw him as just a butch woman each panel lmao

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Why havent they kiiiissssed? Jk lol

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

Great supportive parents, you love to see it!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is no way to spend Christmas...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Christmas isn't a day off in Japan. It's just a work day like the others.

But for some reason, it's considered you should have a date with your S/O on that day (and eat KFC too).

It's purely commercial there.

last edited at Nov 19, 2023 5:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.