Forum › Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri discussion

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

The more I think about this, the more it seems you're right.

Imagine this irl. You start going out with some girl and you think it's going well. One day she takes you to a gambling den run by a Mexican cartel and she makes a bet with the gangsters: they will play a game, and if she wins she'll get a lot of drug for free. But if she loses, she forfeits her girlfriend: you. The gangsters will take you to Ciudad Juárez and you'll be a crack whore for the rest of your life. The gangsters agree. You try to run away but they stop you, and that girl tells you: "Don't fret, pet, there's no way I'm gonna lose! And hey, even if I lose, you'll be safe: I won't let them hurt you! So don't throw a fit and stay put while I gamble."

It's like a story from a horror movie. The bitch's boasting has zero credibility—if she cared about you she wouldn't have started this in the first place. In the case of Yomotsuka, it's even more true: when the yakuza girl started hitting Toudou and gave her a thorough beating, she just stood there and stared; and after it was over she went to Toudou, who was lying on the ground, and told her to stand up and try again to do something entertaining. Completely indifferent to Toudou's pain. Compare to Rin, who, when she saw R hurt Toudou, immediately decided to avenge her. Actually, never mind avenging anything: Yomotsuka couldn't even be bothered to compete. She really is trash.

Toudou has problems controlling her raging hormones.

She doesn't hide anymore that she's big time into hot babes. Spacecadette and Valentine are right: the title is one big fat lie by now. :P Every time a hot enough girl comes on to Toudou, she melts and lets her have her way; and this usually lands her into hot water because these babes are more often than not toxic people like Yomotsuka. Toudou needs to learn to control her lust for this kind of women. I'm sure it'll be easier now that she's finding mutual love with Rin.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 12:21AM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Kurohime is best girl, I felt she was left out a bit - so this chapter was great.

joined May 2, 2013

For someone so dumb Toudou has the most immaculate rizz I've seen.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Screaming crying dying on the floor AUGH THESE TWO. SO CUTE.

Also apparently I somehow missed an entire volume and then some(apparently the recent majority of Toudou's character development??????? oops??????????) so I will be rectifying that mistake by rereading the whole thing and basking in the glory of Mochi's writing.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Also apparently I somehow missed an entire volume and then some(apparently the recent majority of Toudou's character development??????? oops??????????) so I will be rectifying that mistake by rereading the whole thing and basking in the glory of Mochi's writing.

Yeah, they stealth-updated a volume or three while nobody was looking. I really, really don't like that Dynasty lets uploaders manually set upload dates, allowing them to pretend that chapters have totally been there all along, man, if for no other reason than that when they do this, recent additions disappear from the front page.

Also I just finished chapter 25 and it was as cute and glorious as implied.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

This manga has actually been updating regularly on Mangadex over the last few months. It's just that all those new chapters never made it onto Dynasty until they were all uploaded at once on June 20. This is why I often follow/subscribe the same manga on both sites, in case one site gets an update first.

Though I am curious, why does Dynasty often fall behind Mangadex on uploads?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This manga has actually been updating regularly on Mangadex over the last few months. It's just that all those new chapters never made it onto Dynasty until they were all uploaded at once on June 20. This is why I often follow/subscribe the same manga on both sites, in case one site gets an update first.

Though I am curious, why does Dynasty often fall behind Mangadex on uploads?

It just depends on the uploader. There are a bunch of groups that update to Dynasty way before they update to MD. I think it's also partly because MD has more groups working on all kinds of things so groups that pick up a yuri manga/manhwa there aren't necessarily even aware of this site.

Layer
joined Oct 15, 2020

Love this series, also, I need more Yomotsuka and Toudou, PLEASE

joined Apr 2, 2021

Omg did you guys saw the cute stand that will come end of August: https://twitter.com/vitamin_amw/status/1685970422184169472
And always watch through the bonus material on melonbooks and such, cute pics of backgrounds characters

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

When will Wagayuri return from the war....

joined Jun 27, 2022

Ok didn't like this chapter at all

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Oh god.

That's not how I remember being taught sex ed.

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

It started off fine but that last bit. Not okay.

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

It started off fine but that last bit. Not okay.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah. The last bit didn't have enough detail!

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Ooh, interesting development. I wonder whether they’re pairing off the spares in preparation for a finale, or working towards some other end goal.

Also, I’m obliged to agree that yes, the events of this chapter were wrong in all sorts of ways…

On the other hand, there isn’t much about this series that is morally “right” to begin with, so- as an old meme once said- let’s keep going and see what happens.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 2:11AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Oh no! The comic about magical love potion/date rape drug has become morally impure!

Mariya%20and%20karin%202
joined Nov 27, 2022

Obviously too far but in all honestly, i wish self pleasure was talked about more with youth to destigmatize it. Not talking or negative talking about it leads to build up of impure thoughts and shame. Boo. More of this. Also i personally find student x teacher hot but moreso like in "I Dont Know Which One Is Love", where they both consent and are of age. Anyway. Lolol lets see what happens.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 2:47AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Sorry Tsubasa, but once you've entered the infirmary you gotta have sex. It's the rules of yuri.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

my god, this is terrible! reads again

joined Mar 30, 2022

"Something queer is happening to me" u can just tell when someone's having some fun translating something

joined Jun 3, 2014

I haven't read this series in a good 2 years but that abuse tag got me to read this latest chapter.

That tag made think that she was gonna be verbally or physically abused so the "sex ed" scene caught me off guard.

joined Aug 1, 2022

It's a shame, i really liked the chapter until the Nurse did the very no good bad thing. It felt like a genuine kid struggling with the gay feelings in such a real way. Since it's Mochi au Lait I'm not surprised tho, they play loose and fast with taboos and this book is based on love drugs. Wish they could've just talked or gave her a book about masturbation/sex ed instead.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

It's a shame, i really liked the chapter until the Nurse did the very no good bad thing. It felt like a genuine kid struggling with the gay feelings in such a real way. Since it's Mochi au Lait I'm not surprised tho, they play loose and fast with taboos and this book is based on love drugs. Wish they could've just talked or gave her a book about masturbation/sex ed instead.

Yeah, it kind of came off like the nurse was a rapist with that ending. A good crushing-on-your-mentor storyline can be great but this went a little over the line, which is kind of Mochi's whole writing style

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Obviously a thing that shouldn't happen irl, but I liked this chapter. Hot nurses seem to be quite rare in yuri. And now some part of my monkey brain wants to ship them in a "I'll take responsibility" kinda way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.