Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

joined Feb 24, 2023

i like shiho because she's a bitch and bitches are cool so she's slightly better than everyone else in this meandering melodramatic manga

Reading this story because Shiho is the only part you liked certainly is at least a……different opinion than all I’ve seen so far lol.

I don’t really care about Shiho getting what she wanted so this subplot has been kinda whatever to me, I’d rather they just go back to focusing on the two main characters again. That said points for the big lesbian campfire dance

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And so they were both bottoms.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Shiho got a personality rewrite lol. It doesn't make sense for her to pursue Aki so soon, but I just love a happy ending so whatever.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So happy for all of them! Really happy Shiho and Aki are on their way and starting a new kind of relationship (that they both seem up for). Sometimes we fight over issues that, once we've made up, seem so insignificant in retrospect; but it can be hard to recognize that when you're in it. Aki was content with at least just being friends again but Shiho is in the mode of "not making the same mistakes."

It wouldn't surprise me if this starts winding down. This is so popular right now, partly because of the Aki/Shiho story; so, she could do whatever with it. She's already shown that she can jump from one popular pairing to another and keep the momentum. Maybe she'll do it again. If she does, I'll be there for it. "Hana ni Arashi" just ended, so part of me hopes this continues for a bit.

last edited at Aug 19, 2023 1:18PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

it likely will, especially with the hinting that the best friend is about to have her romance arc

joined Feb 11, 2022

Well, that was a beautiful double page.

And even though the outcome of the band competition wasn't really important by this point, I'm still glad Laureley won.

If sales weren't great, then this would have been a great point ot end the series. Fortunately, the manga is very popular.

I don’t really care about Shiho getting what she wanted so this subplot has been kinda whatever to me, I’d rather they just go back to focusing on the two main characters again. That said points for the big lesbian campfire dance

Himari and Yori's Arc: 15 chapters.

Shiho's Arc: 29 chapters.

"Subplot".

last edited at Aug 19, 2023 1:42PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

to be continued...

No, please. No more. It called for the story to end there, It called for it BIG TIME.

joined Sep 10, 2022

it likely will, especially with the hinting that the best friend is about to have her romance arc

Yeah that's possible but I don't know if that wouldn't be part of the winding down though. We'll see. I'm down either way--built up enough trust.

last edited at Aug 19, 2023 1:54PM

joined Sep 23, 2022

Omg Aki is so pretty

joined Sep 23, 2022

that kiss on the cheek was amazing(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

joined Jan 21, 2020

Aaand we indeed didnt get a Shiho apology and theyve gone straight to being a "soontobe" couple. What a massive yikes, though i cant say im surprised.

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

i like shiho because she's a bitch and bitches are cool so she's slightly better than everyone else in this meandering melodramatic manga

seconded

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"Subplot".

Maybe the author should just start with the characters they actually want to write about next time, since they have had relatively little to say about the "main" couple and most of the effort went into fleshing out a character that came along halfway through the story.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Reading this story because Shiho is the only part you liked certainly is at least a……different opinion than all I’ve seen so far lol.

I laughed out loud when I saw one of the characters wondering what the heck Shiho's deal was in the end anyway. Yes, lot of people do... I ended up taking that as a meta commentary on author's part on how this part took too long. Not necessarily true, but I'll just fool myself to feel better about it. :p

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

"Subplot".

Don't be unfair, Himari and Yori's arc continued to develop. Yori got jealous of Himari becoming Laureley's manager, they talked it out, had their first kiss and slept together, they would've even probably done the deed had Himari not fallen asleep. Faster development as a 'side' couple than some main couple get in their manga.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

That was really cute~ Shiho going from pushing Aki away bc she can't bear to be close to her unrequited love to saying "screw it!" and pursuing her openly and honestly, regardless of whether her feeling are/will be requited or not, is very sweet~

I have a feeling their dynamic going forward will be very entertaining to see :D

joined Sep 10, 2022

That was really cute~ Shiho going from pushing Aki away bc she can't bear to be close to her unrequited love to saying "screw it!" and pursuing her openly and honestly, regardless of whether her feeling are/will be requited or not, is very sweet~

I have a feeling their dynamic going forward will be very entertaining to see :D

Yeah could be interesting having them develop alongside Yori and Himari, while we shift some focus to the new couple (Aki's sister/Himari's best friend) being added to the ensemble. If that happens: that would be nearly everyone, who was introduced near the start of the manga, getting their time in the spotlight.

last edited at Aug 19, 2023 7:04PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

most of the effort went into fleshing out a character that came along halfway through the story.

Shiho was planned from the beginning, as she appeared as soon as the Volume 2 Extras. But I do agree that it was a mistake to make this Arc so long, even if she is my favorite character and I hope we'll continue to see her as much as possible.

Don't be unfair, Himari and Yori's arc continued to develop.

Absolutely. I made the same argument multiple times when people here acted like those two hadn't had any screen time for the past 25 chapters. But at the same time I think it's undeniably true that this Arc will be remembered as Shiho's, since the focus was always on her, even when she wasn't around.

Images%20(24)
joined Jan 22, 2022

why do i feel kinda sad w this chapter? maybe bc it looks like its gonna end this series. jk we need more of the other couples

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Absolutely hilarious, I don't even know what to say, is constantly antagonizing your crush and friends how kids flirt nowdays, is she not gonna apologize for all the times she acted like an asshole. Am I missing something? Did I just miss the chapters where shiho has actual development.

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

dawg wasnt she literally saying that she cant go back to being just friends bc she likes her this entire time bruh why they acting like this is new info

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 2:01AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Shiho literally just saving face right now. The song and effort worked! She’s just covering her tracks by claiming her intention was to date Aki all along…

Girl hasn’t changed. Maybe Aki can help loosen her up though so she’ll stop lashing out and throwing a fit when things aren’t up to her standards.

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 5:05AM

joined May 3, 2014

Absolutely hilarious, I don't even know what to say, is constantly antagonizing your crush and friends how kids flirt nowdays, is she not gonna apologize for all the times she acted like an asshole. Am I missing something? Did I just miss the chapters where shiho has actual development.

and people like the character and wishes for this B to stay around god damn finaly i can drop this hot mess of an manga what a dumb character

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This is only all good if it so happens that Aki will reciprocate Shiho's feelings. She probably will because it's a yuri manga, but would she not, we're back to square one lmao. Gotta at least give some props to the author for keeping Shiho's character consistently horrible. At least the battle of the bands is over.

I'm gonna miss monthly arguing about this manga's plot, because I have a feeling that even if this continues, it's not going to be nearly as messy as this arc has been.

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 6:44AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

why do i feel kinda sad w this chapter? maybe bc it looks like its gonna end this series. jk we need more of the other couples

Yeah. It does have that feeling about it but that could also be because it's the end of a major set of events (and the coming together of Aki and Shiho). Could still be more to come just like we didn't end when Himari and Yori got together. We have the hint of Himari's friend and her potential relationship coming up. They could be the next couple whose story we follow for a bit, while HimaYori and AkiShiho develop around them.

Shiho literally just saving face right now. The song and effort worked! She’s just covering her tracks by claiming her intention was to date Aki all along…

Yeah she is. Aki affected and changed her a bit but she's too proud and shy to admit it, in the moment. But that's her anyway, she's always been an emotional paper tiger. They've nearly all alluded to knowing that at some point. That kiss was definitely, part saving face and trying to take back some control (still cute too). Shiho got what she needed, not what she thought she wanted. Aki's the one who got what she wanted all along and really won and Shiho has to begrudgingly accept that. But if "losing" gets you a likely girlfriend, a little perspective and some closure, it can't be all that bad. If it does continue, I look forward to their dynamic and development after all this.

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 7:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.