Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

and to the ones from many chapters ago who complained about the story being slowed down, who's laughing now.

I just keep thinking about the people who kept whiningly insisting on a "comedy" tag...

at least they got the tag to added on. some ppl are just impatient and can't sit still for the chapters to go the way they think it's going and already throwing in the towel.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

that last panel sure looks to me like a "hey wait what the fuck" kind of look from Sanguinaria. Just her realizing that the bishop gave Benika a bomb as present for telling him she's gay.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Welp, now we're getting into truly unknown territory. I had no doubt that Rose would come on top, but what happens next ? If Gina and/or Hibai turn, what will be the cause, and how ? That's an... interesting look Gina got at the end.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

At least he is honest with his best henchmen lol

joined Apr 14, 2022

???

Mr. Righteous holy man is under the impression that his agent won. As far as knows, Rosa and Shirafune are already dead. Why is he randomly revealing that he intends to murder Benika???? Even if that is his plan, why announce it?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Mr. Righteous holy man is under the impression that his agent won. As far as knows, Rosa and Shirafune are already dead. Why is he randomly revealing that he intends to murder Benika???? Even if that is his plan, why announce it?

Not won, just captured the rosary. The explosive is there to mop up any remaining evidence and witnesses.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well considering that we are all making rational predictions at this point:

Sang can motion to wanting to write on the smartphone, write that Benikas Rosary is both a bug and a bomb and the church is waiting for her clear signal. Rose can take the rosary and trow it out of the house or something... Unless she'd be afraid to because sang could have it detonate in her hands... Or heck Sang could lie that it's a timed bomb...

Jeebus Crist

And gosh dang that fight was something else huh

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

not me thinking for a second Rose straight up finger of death'd Gina right then and there xD

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

and to the ones from many chapters ago who complained about the story being slowed down, who's laughing now.

I just keep thinking about the people who kept whiningly insisting on a "comedy" tag...

It was deserved, it's a good story with both good drama and comedy

You'll laugh, you'll cry

joined Jan 14, 2020

At least he is honest with his best henchmen lol

Only because he thinks she won. He was ready to blow her up.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

You'll laugh, you'll cry

Yeah, genre-bending stories are not for the weak of heart. I remember reading an old story — written in the nineteenth century — that read like a comedy all the way through and suddenly ended tragically. It definitely threw me for a loop, but it was also SPICY!

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

You'll laugh, you'll cry

I laughed, I cried, it was better than cats

joined Aug 15, 2021

This story is really good. Thank god I decided to read it after putting it aside for quite some time.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

I let 12 chapters build up so I could binge it. I do not regret it. Story is great

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well played. Both Rose and Gina.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I hope "Gina" brings Benika's "rosary" back to the archBITCHshop. and let's it go off in his face. I'm still salty about them interrupting family dinner.

Ecl3jisvaaepo8b
joined Jun 16, 2023

Welp, now we're getting into truly unknown territory. I had no doubt that Rose would come on top, but what happens next ? If Gina and/or Hibai turn, what will be the cause, and how ? That's an... interesting look Gina got at the end.

It seemed that Gina really believed in Archbishop's acceptance of Benika's queerness so now when he shows no qualms about blowing Benika up, she has a good reason to revolt. I'm pretty sure her mission said nothing about hurting Shirafune's daughter, after all.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

ok someone probably asked this already but why are hibai and gina working together so closely again? like, before their interests were kinda aligned but it really doesn't seem like they are anymore?

joined Jan 14, 2020

They have the shared interest of not getting killed by Rose.

If they actually beat her, then they would turn on each other for possession of the Maltese Rosary.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

ok someone probably asked this already but why are hibai and gina working together so closely again? like, before their interests were kinda aligned but it really doesn't seem like they are anymore?

It's because they secretly love each other

... but no, really, their interests probably still align in one crucial area - not getting killed by Rose :P

EDIT: lmao ninja'd with the exact same wording

last edited at Aug 9, 2023 1:30PM

joined May 19, 2023

We’re so used to seeing Rose in her black bob + glasses look, I just realized that her real self looks like a younger version of the Babylon leader. Probably a coincidence but interesting detail nonetheless.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

well, good point to both of you!

as the action is picking up the politics of this story are getting much less interesting, but honestly that's a tradeoff i'm happy to make

last edited at Aug 9, 2023 6:47PM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

It seemed that Gina really believed in Archbishop's acceptance of Benika's queerness so now when he shows no qualms about blowing Benika up, she has a good reason to revolt. I'm pretty sure her mission said nothing about hurting Shirafune's daughter, after all.

I really don’t think that the Archbishop’s homophobia is the sticking point for Gina, here. She probably a bit more upset about his willingness to kill 2 innocent people, as well as anyone else caught in the blast radius, to get what he wants. The fact that she was also considered expendable probably doesn’t help things, either. I’m not even sure if she realizes that his show of acceptance was a lie in the first place, though she’ll probably start to suspect it now.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I hope there's a nice after-story with Hibai and Gina, assuming they're still alive.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Pat pat pat Slam Slam Slam BAM BAM BAM

was my favorite part of this chapter

To reply you must either login or sign up.