Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

We need to make the "wait I'm a ghost so I can't fuck" plot beat happen after all

I've seen plenty of ghosts who can.

Um . . . in person?

joined Feb 20, 2023

Always a good chapter when you get a couple confirmation

Screenshot_20230620_200924_chrome
joined Mar 31, 2021

Well, I guess kasumichi is dead. Gotta plans the funeral, cya guys

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Here comes the obligatory "so two girls can..." revelation for Michi, I wonder if this'll make Aisawa intensify her advances towards Michi

"So two girls ca--Kasumi cheated on her girlfriend with me!?" And then it'll make Aizawa blame herself again.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Dating? I never would've known. Super glad she said it and it doesn't because a "misunderstanding" in the next chapter.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We need to make the "wait I'm a ghost so I can't fuck" plot beat happen after all

I've seen plenty of ghosts who can.

Um . . . in person?

Only in manga, sadly.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

The expressions in this manga are so funny, especially Aizawa’s

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Here comes the obligatory "so two girls can..." revelation for Michi, I wonder if this'll make Aisawa intensify her advances towards Michi

Can't YET. Ghosts just need to be patient and wait for their happy ending. Technically, their loved one's ending but who's counting.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

If we go by Japanese myth, ghosts can fuck all right. They'll come out of their graves at night, pick you up, take you someplace private and bang your brains out! And if you both liked it, you can keep seeing each other! Wheee!

Of course one morning the city guard will find in a ditch, on some random street, your dead body hugging a skull and some old bones. Oh well -- nobody's perfect, as Joe E. Brown said.

I always thought "Daphne" would have no choice but to marry him after that reply. I mean, Osgood Fielding demolished "her" in that discussion—and after the last reply, "she" was left speechless and with no arguments left!

Capture%20d%e2%80%99%c3%a9cran%202023-07-20%20113509%20-%20copy
joined Jul 9, 2023

This chapter's reveal really shocked me !! I did not see it coming, it is very nice though.
Now I wonder how Michi and Aizawa are going to react. Aizawa should feel even worse than before and Michi is going to be so confused because of the kiss.
Is Michi going to interact with Aizawa now maybe ?

I love this manga so much I cannot believe how funny it is and how loud it is making me laugh. The art is on point 100% on every single panel.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Okay I think a few theories based on the most recent chapter, here goes:

1. About Michi’s special defense mechanism and why that child version of her is what pops up is in that chapter with Aizawa’s range expanding is because her mom died protecting her from a ghost when she was young, and her mom up until has been trying to protect her and silently keeping her from interacting, at least directly, with other ghosts to keep her from endangering herself. The way Michi is slowly trusting Aizawa is breaking the defenses her mom created and she ended up expanding Aizawa’s boundaries but that defenses is still keeping her from interacting with her directly

2. Aizawa died to the ghost that Sayaka and Kasumi saw during the festival, and Michi may have witnessed her death and Aizawa’s ghost and was in danger, thus triggering her defense system to have her forget that ever happened.

3. Michi may have known Aizawa and was actually going to meet her at the festival when the incident happened due to her going without her father and her clothing at the festival. Aizawa did show up to meet her at the school probably, but only after she died and became a ghost. And due to her connection to Aizawa, Michi subconsciously bound Aizawa to the classroom so she could continue to see her, but her defense system was triggered because even though she knew Aizawa she was now a ghost. This would also be the reason why her memories were erased, with them gone she would feel less inclined to interacting with her. But with Aizawa haunting their classroom, she’s slowly building up the same desire to trust and interact with Aizawa before she died and they lost their memories.

4. Maybe Aizawa’s true regret and reason for not being able to pass on was because she never got a chance to confess to Michi or do the whole first experiences as lovers.

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 8:16AM

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

@BLAMEY just want to drop a note that Odoroo Dorothy-sensei is going to have a oneshot name "Extreme Super Darling" [エクストリームスーパーダーリン] in the next YuriHime 2023/10 issue, coming out 2023/08/18 Just in case you're interested in working on it

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

This manga can go really hard sometimes

Also, me too Sayaka, me too.

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 6:59PM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Huh... Also this (12) chapter reminded me, didn't Michi have like a pentagram or some kind of symbol on her neck? Or was that a different manga? I remember her leaving the school and we saw some kind of occultic symbol on her neck. Was that used in some way already and I'm just a dumdum for not remembering it right?

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

This manga is impressing me so much. It started so innocently and now it all keeps coming together.
The Kasumi subplot was perfect setup for

1. Telling us the romance is going to be taken seriously, as Michi gets worse at dismissing her feelings for Aizawa, and
  2. Lulling us into a false sense of security before hitting hard with the fact Michi can't do it like Sayaka.

We can now safely assume Michi is having her memories erased. The 1st hint was when Kasumi contradicted Michi by saying they'd spoken before chapter 3. 2nd case would be whenever Sayaka saw Michi and Aizawa talking. 3rd was the night of the summer festival. 4th is potentially right now, where Michi is uncharacteristically unconcerned with whatever the hell just happened.

There's an implication Michi's younger self(?) is behind this; her shoes are seen reflecting Michi's as she runs from Aizawa. We know she can independently protect Michi—though this was more like an attack on Michi instead. Maybe it's a condition of the mark binding them? Since Michi's losing memories, it's possible she's the one who originally made that mark on Aizawa's desk too.

The festival is also a new focal point. Japanese folklore often puts powerful spirits up on mountains, and festivals are when they tend to get strongest. The way it's harmlessly introduced at the start of the chapter only to be sinisterly re-contextualized it at the end exemplifies how seamlessly this arc tied back into the plot. Since Kasumi couldn't hear the person crying, it was most likely still a ghost. Younger Michi, or...

We see this chapter it's October, which should be only a couple months after the summer festival. And it's already been over a month at least since Aizawa died. It's not hard to connect the two. Michi can't remember that night. Confronting Aizawa makes Michi feel like she's about to remember something horrifying. Was she there to see her die? Did she bind her back to the world of the living?

2nd big reveal: Kasumi saw Michi and Aizawa talking. But that could have been before or after she died.

Let's assume before. The problem is, while Aizawa clearly liked Michi a bit from chapter 1, she wasn't head over heels for her yet (Or at least, it took her a while to stop kissing and looking up other girls' skirts.) So they couldn't have known each other too well. It makes it hard for Aizawa's regrets to be specific to Michi too. Unless Aizawa's also missing memories, which could explain why she's so immature now. Though I think it's safer to say she was just acting out her mature idol role.

Still, Sayaka also drew the pentagram mark, which should only have a connection to them after Aizawa died. So was Michi talking to ghost Aizawa? There's a suspicious shadow covering half of Aizawa too, which can't just be artistic liberties from our dense Picasso. Either way, at the time Sayaka saw them, there was already something supernatural going on. Sayaka also mentioned a few chapters ago how she's been seeing the mark everywhere, and that more ghosts have been appearing recently. Something big's going around.

Anyways, too many questions, no answers to be found. The plot's now feeling a lot more evenly spread with both Aizawa and Michi having their own share of questions. A perfect ending to the 2nd volume.

Also every single panel this chapter was too cute. It's almost unfortunate how good the mystery stuff is here because it's overshadowing Michi's cuteness, Aizawa's dorkiness, Reona's lunacy, Kasumi and Sayaka's couple fluff. Dorothy's getting too good.

Minor details: Sayaka draws on a flyer for the Koga(古賀) Festival. Koga being a city in Fukuoka, in southern Japan. Likely where the story's set.

The frontispiece and title, Perfect Yellow, are a reference to the Satoshi Kon film Perfect Blue.

Perfect Blue of course being a psychological thriller about an idol faced with the darkness of fame and starting to lose herself. I wouldn't draw comparisons yet, but it's something to keep in mind.

Yellow is also a particularly common color in western horror at least; The Yellow Wallpaper and The King in Yellow are two major examples. You wouldn't think it, but yellow can be a surprisingly difficult color to work with. In the right tones, it represents prosperity and luxury, like gold or fields of wheat. But if the hue is slightly off or there's unevenness, it easily slips into a sickly color that brings to mind decay or deterioration, and it fades easily too. It's a color of two great symbolic extremes.

And of course yellow was Aizawa's signature color in De:Lphinus. Which is probably all it means, but it's fun to ramble.

@BLAMEY just want to drop a note that Odoroo Dorothy-sensei is going to have a oneshot name "Extreme Super Darling" [エクストリームスーパーダーリン] in the next YuriHime 2023/10 issue, coming out 2023/08/18 Just in case you're interested in working on it

Thanks, I'm definitely going to take a look. Won't promise I'll be translating it, but I've liked a lot of the shorter things Dorothy's worked on in the past. They usually have the same sweet but twisted feeling. Aizawa has actually been relatively tame in comparison.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Huh... Also this (12) chapter reminded me, didn't Michi have like a pentagram or some kind of symbol on her neck? Or was that a different manga? I remember her leaving the school and we saw some kind of occultic symbol on her neck. Was that used in some way already and I'm just a dumdum for not remembering it right?

It's this manga. It was drawn on the paper Senpai showed this chapter, I think. Near the end. So she's also noticed it. Nothing has happened with it yet.

The way it's harmlessly introduced at the start of the chapter only to be sinisterly re-contextualized it at the end exemplifies how seamlessly this arc tied back into the plot. Since Kasumi couldn't hear the person crying, it was most likely still a ghost.

Yeah. And there's also that it wasn't completely harmless, since we see that something grabbed senpai's leg, left a noticeable hand print and likely made her fall there too.

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 7:20PM

Sasasasasaas
joined Aug 31, 2020

OK BUT WHY IS MICHI'S DAD SO HOT

joined Jun 7, 2019

The story is starting to get interesting, I have a lot of faith for this work since it’s already interesting enough as a comedy lol I really hope it gets more popular

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 7:58PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

Everytime this updates I get excited

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Terrific chapter. This series is so good with the way it goes between silliness and really creepy horror. I'm really liking it a lot.

Let's assume before. The problem is, while Aizawa clearly liked Michi a bit from chapter 1, she wasn't head over heels for her yet (Or at least, it took her a while to stop kissing and looking up other girls' skirts.) So they couldn't have known each other too well. It makes it hard for Aizawa's regrets to be specific to Michi too.

I've seen several people elsewhere speculate that Michi was involved with Aizawa's death somehow, but I agree with this. Aizawa only really started focusing on Michi once Michi became her fan, so I don't think it's likely that Michi was involved with Aizawa's death, at least directly. I suspect Michi's trauma is probably some other ghost, maybe the same one that tripped up senpai, or another one that's related to that weird pentagram somehow.

Its also kind of interesting how the manga is drawing parallels between idol culture and the supernatural. With Michi's inability to speak to Aizawa being like a fan keeping a proper distance from their idol, and her falling deeper into fandom equating to seemingly becoming more and possessed by Aizawa's ghost.

Also, Michi's poor dad. He seems like a nice dude, but unfortunately his daughter is in her rebellious phase. XD

joined Sep 28, 2017

Hell yeah! this is getting interesting again! Also dat jumpscare, reminded me of that one on Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai, btw I'm really expecting more episodes of that one

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I love this series with a burning passion

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Here's a random theory without reference. What if Michi pulls a "dead all along" explaining her seemingly extra amount of spiritual importance.

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga has got me COOKING.

Here's what we know:

• Michi has been seeing ghosts for pretty much her entire life
  • Michi had a traumatic experience after acknowledging ghosts when she was younger
  • Michi became physically ill after trying to talk to Aizawa
  • Michi did not become physically ill after talking with ghosts in the past
  • Sayaka is able to touch, see, and communicate with ghosts without becoming physically ill
  • Some ghosts can touch Sayaka
  • The pentagram is associated with Aizawa's "zone" - she can't leave the "zone" the pentagram defines
  • Michi saw the pentagram under Aizawa's desk and on the back of her own neck
  • Sayaka is able to see the pentagram "everywhere"
  • Aizawa died without anybody knowing the reason on August 20th
  • Aizawa is able to physically influence things without being acknowledged, including possession
  • Aizawa doesn't really try to get people's attention
  • some spirits are able to be photographed
  • Aizawa has an infatuation with Michi, even before Michi received the pentagram
  • the pentagram can be "moved" through dreams
  • Michi does not remember attending a summer festival, presumably Obon, which generally occurs in August
  • Michi's interaction with ghosts has changed, presumably due to the pentagram
  • That whole storage room situation??
  • The pentagram looks like a scar to non-spiritual people
  • Sayaka has observed an increase in ghosts for some time
  • Michi presumably had more friends in middle school, but became a recluse in high school
  • Michi is in her first year of high school
  • Kasumi sees Aizawa as a fairy but doesn't recognize her as Aizawa
  • Sayaka saw Michi and Aizawa speaking together previously
  • Michi claims she never spoke with Aizawa
  • Up to this point, Sayaka's drawings have been "accurate" depictions of spiritual reality
  • Kasumi views Michi and Aizawa's relationship as predominately fan to idol

Analysis:

• There are supernatural phenomenon, but people perceive and interface with them differently
  • Michi underwent an amnesia-inducing event during the summer festival before entering high school that may have isolated her from her old friends
  • Aizawa died sometime around the summer festival
  • Michi's mere presence increases the frequency of ghosts in the area, as Sayaka saw more ghosts when Michi enrolled

Here's my cooking:

Michi met and interacted with Aizawa's ghost during the festival.

Michi met Aizawa during the summer festival, either as a ghost or as a living person. But since Kasumi was chasing after Sayaka during the festival, presumably she would have seen Michi and Aizawa interacting if they were both alive, and she wouldn't talk about Michi's interest in Aizawa as if she was a mere fan.

Michi's interaction with Aizawa likely caused amnesia and Aizawa-nausea. Then, something else happened that bound Aizawa to the pentagram, turning her from a "normal", as in attention-seeking or hostile, ghost into a passive or helpful one.

It might have been the act of binding her to the pentagram that induced the amnesia and Aizawa-nausea.

Additionally, Michi's acceptance of the pentagram and her natural tendency to increase the spiritual energy around her caused the proliferation of the pentagram and an increase in Aizawa's range.

Something else: in the dream and in the storage room, we get glimpses of Michi's younger, probably pre-trauma self. Her younger self represents spiritual power, which she's suppressed since the traumatizing incident but unlocked during her dream about Aizawa to proliferate the pentagram, and to ward off ghosts, though it was ineffective on the storage room ghost.

F9d920758b834e2786c2078ddd4ef15e
joined Feb 6, 2023

Aaaand that goes in my list of favourite panels I never wanna see again. Jesus Christ I'm shook at how terrifying that one panel was.

To reply you must either login or sign up.