Forum › Citrus + discussion

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

If this ends in anything else but Mei going "yes!" and grabbing Yuzu, with them having some wild hanky-panky right then and there, I will be mightily disappointed.

Yes, after all this I do finally want them to fuck. Sue me!

You shall hear from my lawyer very soon.

joined Feb 11, 2022

you Jack Manifold looking-ass , get out of here

joined Feb 11, 2022

but objectively I can see that stuff have cranked up a notch in terms of stakes

joined Sep 23, 2022

Hope to see more of MatsuriXHarumin in the new series,they're so cute,please more moments with them,they're beautiful couple

joined Sep 23, 2022

We need more sexy scenes

joined Sep 23, 2022

author-san,can you please let these girls further their relationship naturally for once?

after all,no matter how much sex these two might have at this point in the story,it wont make their relationship any less vague nor any more defined than it is now,without having them hold a proper conversation to better clarify their honest desires and genuine concerns to each other,allowing for them to truly get a better grasp of the nature of their relationship.

I AGREE

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

If you discount your desire to have a sex scene; Yuzu and Mei actuing about tinally are way ahead of what most of us thought in terms of the relationship. They act as a stable married couple and help each other out if needed. But obviously it also means the daily lives for them can be boring looking from the outside. Mei is the stereotypical workaholic husband while Yuzu is a part time housewife. It actually is fun to read it once you have that in mind because a couple like that also do things like thinking about the same thing. Another way is Yuzu can read Mei just by body movement, So when Yuzu protest, it looks fun as opposed to looking bad. Yuzu knows the answer is no already, but asked anyway. That is a fun thing to do for a married couple or long term partner. Mei also do things that usually a married person would do. For example, trying to buy a birthday gift after consulting Himeko and then assisted by Matsuri. Purchased the gift in the middle of the night, that is dedication indeed. It is quite obvious that she has never attended a birthday party, as celebrants, birthday girl, or guest, it show how far she is from normal societal customs, when the idea of birthday gift does not seem to exist for her social class.
The new boy is going to be a great fun character that the series is sorely needed. Whether he has a crush on yuzu, or he being gay, either way it will be fine and funny. I mean, he hang out with Himeko....a boy following a lolita?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you discount your desire to have a sex scene; Yuzu and Mei actuing about tinally are way ahead of what most of us thought in terms of the relationship. They act as a stable married couple and help each other out if needed. But obviously it also means the daily lives for them can be boring looking from the outside.

But we’re not “looking at their relationship from the outside.” Mei & Yuzu only exist on the pages where we see them. There’s no separate dimension where they’re cuddling up together or holding hands while flirting and giggling. They don’t have deep talks off panel about where they are in their lives and what they want to do in the future. The text we have is all there is.

And for the last time—some readers obviously do want a sex scene, but what I and many others want more than that is to see personal intimacy between the two of them, rather than to witness the embodiment of “lesbian bed death” before either of them even utter the word “lesbian.”

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 5:00PM

joined Mar 18, 2023

If you discount your desire to have a sex scene; Yuzu and Mei actuing about tinally are way ahead of what most of us thought in terms of the relationship. They act as a stable married couple and help each other out if needed. But obviously it also means the daily lives for them can be boring looking from the outside.

But we’re not “looking at their relationship from the outside.” Mei & Yuzu only exist on the pages where we see them. There’s no separate dimension where they’re cuddling up together or holding hands while flirting and giggling. They don’t have deep talks off panel about where they are in their lives and what they want to do in the future. The text we have is all there is.

True, even though they DO cuddling in bed. Some may consider their cuddling not up to sex standard, some consider that is enough sex.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

I thought it was super strange how the birthday of Yuzu was based around the schedule of Mei, and even then, she did not even get a full day or any sort of affection or romance. The gift was also kind of meh. My girlfriend would have broken up with me if I had put inn as little effort at Mei did.

I like the story, but their relationship is being carried by Yuzu and Mei need to put more effort into the relationship.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

True, even though they DO cuddling in bed. Some may consider their cuddling not up to sex standard, some consider that is enough sex.

Good lord, of course we do see them together in bed—the point is that there’s not some other off-panel pocket universe where they’re having unseen tickle fights or spooning on the couch while watching TV. (Is there even a TV in the house?)

And what the hell does cuddling have to do with some “sex standard”?

joined Mar 18, 2023

^
Some people consider cuddling sex. Especially doing it nakid.

joined Mar 18, 2023

ok, I will just write a few things. This new chapter is awesome.

Yuzu finally sexual assaulted Mei, something that she has not done for a long time, and this is a big one as she clearly lost all control. I am really happy seeing that scene. I don't need to see a sex scene, the assault scenes are good enough for me to understand what Yuzu is thinking. Its is not just the assault, but rather the type of assault which sees Yuzu forced it to a confused Mei and prevent Mei from moving and get away.

Somehow she thinks that Mei and Arita are now partners and the jealousy went up the roof.

Mei finally calmed Yuzu by doing a slight slap on her to slap her out of it. She told Yuzu that Yuzu needs to trust her because she is Yuzu's FIANCEE.

Yes, the very first time anybody including them using that word to the two of them. the word "fiancee" made my day. Also, she was not angry at Yuzu. Meis personality definitely is changing bit by bit "better". When asked, Yuzu sometimes will say she is dating Mei. Meanwhile, Mei will not tell anyone about her relationship except a few such as Himeko.

Also remember, when Mei came home from Udogawa, one of the things Yuzu said was "your future is part of my future" (and hence she wanted to restrain herself.)

They are pretty much evolved into an adult couple at this stage. I don't think Yuzu will ever throw a jealousy tantrum or attack anymore, and may even be pals with Arita. What Mei said helped her to regain the strength. Yuzu now can 100% trust Mei again. Remember the abandonment of Yuzu by Mei in the fair? Yuzu refused to stay by herself as if anyplace Mei goes, she will follow. We tend to forget her issues during this manga because they are very subtle.

last edited at Jul 20, 2023 10:10PM

joined Dec 17, 2022

Conradin , are we talking about this month's chapter of citrus+ or another manga? because if it's the citrus+ one I think we've read a different chapter, but I won't say anything until it comes out here. greetings

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The Mei-bot managed to get her basic communication program running for once. Sadly, she didnt have enough ram to have it work at full capacity. Since physical contact is apparently forbidden in Citrus+, she couldnt convey her feelings more clearly in any non verbal way either and Yuzu didnt get the message at all in the end. So business as usual, basically.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 4:27PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

So well, I stopped reading at chapter 10 or so, but I remember at chapter 3 there was a hint that Harumin might have feelings for Yuzu, or at least that's what Matsuri thought? But then a ton of chapters about Mei's birthday came and nothing was ever brought up again by Saburo uta like they completely forgot about it. So has there been any other development regarding that matter? I don't mind being spoiled, in fact that's exactly what I want so any kind soul mind helping me out?

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Yuzu: Obviously distressed, barely in the wrong headspace, barely able to explain the reason for her stress.

Mei: If this keeps up, you’re going to cause [me] problems.

What lovely bedside manner, Mei. Fucking dickhead…

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 3:19PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Had a good conversation/disagreement on the other site, which resulted in what I thought was a good response from the other person. They said:

"Yuzu has always been the one pushing the relationship, coming up with solutions. And even if she got into a slump her friends would give her the push she needed to fix things. Now her partner faces a huge challenge, one that basically decides their future and there's nothing that she can do but sit by and watch. Yuzu needs someone that can help her with her insecurities."

"[However] Mei is probably stressed out and doesn't have the capacity to do that and is instead looking for Yuzu to provide a safe space [away from the stress of work], something that Yuzu isn't able to provide because of her insecurities."

Mei has just recently (chapter 32) communicated to Yuzu about exactly how much she means to her and what comfort her presence has become for Mei. But that hasn't helped their issues.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 4:55PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that went better than expected, if not as well as it could have. They're still not quite on the same page and really need to talk more about everything, though.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I see that these two still act like strangers who happen to enjoy kissing each other once in a while.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, so is there any reason that the big “plan with Akamine Academy” has to be a total secret except so that Saburouta can spring a big reveal on us whenever they get around to it?

And with the staging of that last page when Mei says, “I must do everything in my power to see these plans to fruition,” I swear I expected the next line to be, “Therefore, I must have Yuzu killed.”

(“No one, and I mean no one, will be allowed to stand in my way!”)

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok so, is Mei asexual or something? I am serious, being asexual is ok and all that, but I start to wonder if that is the case here, they have very little intimacy, hugs, kisses, etc, is she aromantic? What is going on??

JenderBlender
joined Nov 3, 2021

^
Some people consider cuddling sex. Especially doing it nakid.

Which is irrelevant because Yuzu's insecurities are directly stemming from the fact that her partner apparently doesn't want to have sex with her. And this isn't even the first instance. Mei may very well be ace, but Yuzu isn't and that's something that should be broached, but hasn't yet.

Mei pointing out the they're engaged when she's already had a prior, annulled, engagement doesn't really speak to much beyond her duty to her sense of formality. Considering that Yuzu's first encounter with Mei was watching her make out with some guy, along with Mei running away from their relationship to attempt to go through with her prior engagement with some other guy, paired with Mei not telling her anything about whatever plans she has... well, Yuzu has every reason to feel frustrated with the repeated lack of solid, certain, intimacy or feelings of being desired. Hugs and kisses aren't cutting it, that's not just a reader demand, it's one of the character's own line of thinking!

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Interesting response from Yuzu, to throw herself onto Mei over a parataxic distortion she’s developed over a childhood friend of Mei’s Yuzu knows very little about

Could just be a tease for the long overdue sex scene, and it may have gotten to that point if Mei didn’t calm her down, but I find it interesting to think about Yuzu’s mindset here, the almost instinctual reflex to protect her relationship by forcing them both into the next step of intimacy, as if she feels she’s falling behind due to her clear lack in confidence recently.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 5:41PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Which is irrelevant because Yuzu's insecurities are directly stemming from the fact that her partner apparently doesn't want to have sex with her. And this isn't even the first instance. Mei may very well be ace, but Yuzu isn't and that's something that should be broached, but hasn't yet.

I don't feel like this is about sex, specifically--maybe affection and insecurities but not sex. In this chapter, Mei also says to her friend that she was perfectly fine with being pushed down (and the kissing etc.) but felt like the reason for Yuzu's aggression was likely not normal romance but the stress coming from meeting Arata, something unhealthy that worried Mei. She hasn't really said anything about having an aversion to sex or affection and she's shown herself to be fine with physical contact many times, unless I'm forgetting something. She just seems naturally reserved and chronically overworked.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 5:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.