Forum › Citrus + discussion

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

the Aihara tradition of forcing yourself onto someone as a stress response is still alive and well I see

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh boy, she’s having a panic attack.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

She may have been an annoying pest about it, but Matsuri does have a point about Yuzu needing to make her mind up about what she wants her relationship with Mei to be. Knowing how dense the Mei-bot can be about these things, she might have to really spell it out too. Time to have some confidence in yourself girl, you can do it!

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Matsuri...yes, they need to fuck asap. ok maybe not that but...well if it was me, yes there needs to be some sex or more making out jeeesus

joined Dec 17, 2022

Honestly, in this chapter "I have not been interested in yuzu nor MEI nor nene nor arata nor harumin nor himeko" and even so it seemed to me an Good chapter thanks to the best character in this chapter who has been matsuri for me." It had to be said and It was said "everything that Matsuri said to Yuzu without anesthesia, is what Citrus readers have been debating for years: What kind of relationship do these two have who are in love, sleep together and have no physical contact? Until Yuzu herself acknowledges that Matsuri is right. Until finally we see matsuri stopping harumin's feet and leaving her without arguments: "there may come a time when kindness is useless" "if you have insecurities in your relationship yuzu Face them and stop whining on harumin's chest,if not when you have bigger problems how are you going to defend and protect MEI if for any little thing you start crying like a little girl Having said that, now what? I would not have any illusions that yuzu and MEI have "hard", but I do hope that all this is not solved in a stupid way, and at least we see an adult conversatiotn between yuzu and MEI about their Their relation

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 10:23AM

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

That cliffhanger is funny, ain’t no way we getting segs, Yuzu was sweating after she left the Karaoke bar, clearly she’ll collapse on Mei after catching a fever and another spicy situation averted once again.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

ngl i appreciate the lil note the translators left. "not every romantic relationship culminates in sex".
like, i appreciate horny girls as much as everyone else, but at this point im not in citrus for that anymore and would feel content if they still didn't have sex

joined Mar 18, 2023

author-san,can you please let these girls further their relationship naturally for once?

after all,no matter how much sex these two might have at this point in the story,it wont make their relationship any less vague nor any more defined than it is now,without having them hold a proper conversation to better clarify their honest desires and genuine concerns to each other,allowing for them to truly get a better grasp of the nature of their relationship.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I feel like they should wear more clothes to bed. It's not like they are a couple....

joined Dec 17, 2022

ngl i appreciate the lil note the translators left. "not every romantic relationship culminates in sex".
like, i appreciate horny girls as much as everyone else, but at this point im not in citrus for that anymore and would feel content if they still didn't have sex

If sex is not going to see. but that author's note is partly right and partly I don't explain myself. Of course, a romantic relationship is not based on sex, but it is part of it unless Yuzu and MEI are Asexual. But the problem of the relationship between yuzu and MEI is deeper That the simple fact of having sex or not, it is a relationship full of insecurities on both sides that one day they will have to talk about it

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 11:02AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Look, sex isn't all a relationship is about, but intimacy kind of is? I'm not even siding with Matsuri about them being *really close sisters", they're basically just regular sisters who say they're in a relationship. Whatever they're doing with one another: supporting one another, or whatever. There's literally no reason they couldn't do that as sisters, so if they're not actually going to be in a romantic relationship, then why have the pretense of being in a romantic relationship?

I know it ends up in marriage and all, but until then, why exactly has Citrus come to the point of them being openly in a romantic relationship if they're ... just not gonna be? No holding hands, no intimate touches, no kissing, nothing. The only romantic thing about Citrus+ is if you think Mei always on Yuzu's back about breaking school rules is somehow romantic...

And to top it all off, it was already annoying before it was lampshaded here. If this was a comedy manga, that would be gold. But in a drama/romance, it just seems to be making fun of the readers for expecting something we're never going to see.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 11:33AM

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

If sex is not going to see. but that author's note is partly right and partly I don't explain myself. Of course, a romantic relationship is not based on sex, but it is part of it unless Yuzu and MEI are Asexual. But the problem of the relationship between yuzu and MEI is deeper, it is a relationship full of insecurities on both sides that one day they will have to talk about it

oh definitely! if it were just that one or both of them is aaexual or just not in a rush for it, id defend it with my life. but like you say, it's just an insecurity that looms over both of them and has to be talked about carefully, by which point i wish they could just talk instead of going through Drama Arc 57 to have a decent conversation. i guess im just a bit bothered by how much everyone wants Yuzu and Mei to fuck

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yuzu you have nothing to worry about Mei is head over heels for you just as much as you are for her.

I’m asking this in all seriousness and not as any kind of a gotcha or anything;

What is the evidence that Mei is “head over heels” for Yuzu in this chapter?

They do seem to be, as Matsuri says, just “really close sisters” here.

• Mei allows Yuzu to snuggle up to her after Yuzu’s bad dream (but does not initiate any physical closeness or comforting of Yuzu).

• She scolds Yuzu twice (once for being out after school and once for bringing her phone to school.

• She thanks Yuzu for letting her use her phone.

Sure, we know that they will eventually get married, so Mei must be in love with Yuzu, but if we didn’t have that foreknowledge, what can we see in this or in recent chapters that says “Mei is crazy about Yuzu”?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

the Aihara tradition of forcing yourself onto someone as a stress response is still alive and well I see

As others have said, my money is on Yuzu actually coming down with some kind of illness here and nothing remotely like Yuzu forcing herself onto Mei.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

ngl yea, even with how delusional i can be, it's hard to see any affection Mei has for Yuzu by now. the last time i genuinely felt she cared somewhat was back when Mei lost her engagement ring. for all the horny, this really isn't romantic

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

This shit is so fucking boring lmao. Saburo Uta seems to have a bad habit of introducing a new side character every time she needs some drama. We haven't been given a single reason to care about Arata, but here he is driving the plot along.

joined Dec 17, 2022

What is the evidence that Mei is “head over heels” for Yuzu in this chapter?

if i were a new reader and started reading citrus+ from this chapter i would make sure that yuzu's girlfriend is harumin. there is more physical contact in this chapter between yuzu and harumin than between yuzu and mei. . Even Matsuri says that he pampers her too much hahahaha. I hope this has answered you

Images%20(1)
joined Oct 19, 2020

It's nice to see the others again. I miss Suzu and the twins tho :(

As we've all agreed, pretty slow progression but it seems that Mei did show emotion in this chapter. It looked like she was going to console Yuzu.

Maybe Sabu is struggling with the plot? I feel there are a lot of loose ends lying around, but at this point in time it would be much easier to draw them having sex and end it there than to finish out the story ;_;

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

As others have said, my money is on Yuzu actually coming down with some kind of illness here and nothing remotely like Yuzu forcing herself onto Mei.

my money is on us getting 3 full chapters focusing on Arata's extensive backstory before we get back to mei and yuzu acting exactly as they always have

joined Dec 17, 2022

Maybe Sabu is struggling with the plot? I feel there are a lot of loose ends lying around, but at this point in time it would be much easier to draw them having sex and end it there than to finish out the story ;_;

we just started volume 6, I don't think it's good to lengthen the story unnecessarily. at some point you will have to think about the final arc. although well it is his story and I suppose he will still have something else to tell

Yuzu you have nothing to worry about Mei is head over heels for you just as much as you are for her.

Sure, we know that they will eventually get married, so Mei must be in love with Yuzu, but if we didn’t have that foreknowledge, what can we see in this or in recent chapters that says “Mei is crazy about Yuzu”?

Sigh I think you misunderstand I didn't mean she's head over heels for her in this chapter I meant as in throughout the series in general, she just has her own way of showing it & if you reread the series you might understand.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Sigh I think you misunderstand I didn't mean she's head over heels for her in this chapter I meant as in throughout the series in general, she just has her own way of showing it & if you reread the series you might understand.

Yeah there's some examples of Mei showing genuine concern and love for yuzu but a lot of them come from the OG citrus. In citrus + Mei feels like more like an older sibling taking care of her younger relative, always nagging yuzu about stuff and sometimes allowing yuzu to show her affection without really reciprocate it and never committing to the bit

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

LOL at this point of the story only a kannazuki no Mike-esque development can save this mess

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

So… is anyone gonna talk about the good parts of this chapter? Yuzu being an adorable puppy, Matsuri being the devilish voice of reason as always, Arata shaping up to be the first likeable male character in this manga, Yuzu jealously cuddling Kumagoro (paralleling Mei when Matsuri first arrived), Mei being concerned for Yuzu at the end…?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So… is anyone gonna talk about the good parts of this chapter? Yuzu being an adorable puppy, Matsuri being the devilish voice of reason as always, Arata shaping up to be the first likeable male character in this manga, Yuzu jealously cuddling Kumagoro (paralleling Mei when Matsuri first arrived), Mei being concerned for Yuzu at the end…?

Yeah seemed like Mei has plans for Yuzu too and was about to tell her before Yuzu panicked and interrupted her. I think Mei doing what she's doing so that she can put all this work behind her and focus on Yuzu. Mei is just very old school in how she shows affection, for better or worse. She's not going to change that.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 2:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.