Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Ppp
joined Sep 6, 2018

guys i started to think the author forgot HaruKanae do exist, it's almost one year since this ship appear and still no sign

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This was a really nice chapter. I love how intensely intimate it felt.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

It is wholesome, intimate and idiot couple worthy somehow....love it!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Whoever writes the scanlator credits pages needs to go to horny jail.

But this chapter was very good. Everything is so intense with this couple, even their quiet time together.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- very nice :)

Can we get some other couples to this level too now, please ?

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

I know the author isn't writing her this way but Shizuka still feels so fake to me. Her only saving grace is that Mio seems to be happy with her.

I feel like I've said this before.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I know the author isn't writing her this way but Shizuka still feels so fake to me. Her only saving grace is that Mio seems to be happy with her.

I don't get that all from her at this point personally. Especially not after recent chapters with her, but too each their own interpretation of course.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

I don't get that all from her at this point personally. Especially not after recent chapters with her, but too each their own interpretation of course.

same

joined Jan 8, 2016

Mio and Shizuka chapters feel like their own genre at this point. So much admiration for the author's ability to skip between various moods and tones.

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

being the person who sees them at their most vulnerable, them feeling so safe with you that they can be needy and unabashed about what they want, especially when they seemed so invulnerable before >>>>>

snoopy_from_peanuts
Tumblr_mrfzgkpani1rzp26no5_250
joined Aug 11, 2021

i was a mio x shizuka doubter, it was a tricky build to their relationship and i am sooooo impressed at how well all the angles of them have been handled and depicted. definitely always a must read when i see them in the tags.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

praise, a mio x shizuka chapter at last

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

The lucky panties were considerably more cute than I was expecting. Still tiny and lewd, but also white and lacy with a nice ribbon.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I actually feel like we're finally seeing the real Shizuka. Like...I feel like she was putting on an act. The refined, elegant senpai. She always felt a little...TOO perfect. Too untouchable. This somewhat insecure, trepidatious version of her feels more realistic to me personally. I think it was her relationship with Kaoru that forced Shizuka to adopt that unaffected persona as something of a shield.

But that's just me personally. Either way, I feel like she's a lot more real than she WAS.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

This chapter goes a LONG way to address the scars Kaoru left on Shizuka, in my opinion.

Shizuka desperately wanted something Kaoru SEEMED to offer her (stability, devotion- 'pampering', as she puts it in this chapter), but Kaoru only says that stuff to get girls in bed (to put it bluntly). In reality, Kaoru isn't a particularly strong person, which is what Shizuka desires. This is in contrast to Mio, who has proven that, despite her appearances, she is a VERY strong and emotionally mature person- which is what Shizuka ACTUALLY needs in a partner.

I've said before that I don't think Shizuka is any worse than Kaoru, and yet Kaoru gets virtually no hate despite being the whole reason Shizuka was so emotionally messed up to begin with. I feel like Kaoru has been granted a LOT of grace by the fandom without anything by way of redemption (she has yet to apologize for any of what she did to Shizuka) and Shizuka has seen the opposite treatment despite actually making an effort. A lot of that is probably because of how sweet and loyal Mio is (as opposed to Mask being significantly darker, with plenty of issues of her own), so naturally nobody wants to see her get hurt, and Shizuka DID hurt her. But everyone seems to forget that Shizuka was hurt very deeply too- and that up until recently, she never got a chance to heal because she immediately had to go back to being around Kaoru when the latter stopped eating (there was that line about Honoka going to Shizuka because she couldn't get Kaoru to eat, and even recently Shizuka has asked Kaoru 'how she's eating'). This naturally led to the very messy, angst events we've seen from this pair.

Sometimes people get hurt. Sometimes it's uneven, and it's not fair, and it happens to the 'wrong people'. Mio didn't deserve to be caught up in it and had every right to walk away if she wanted. But Mio made her decision and she communicated and worked through it because Shizuka was that important to her. And Shizuka TRIED, which proves that Mio is important to her, too. She actually put in the effort to get over Kaoru and (from what we've seen) succeeded. She messed up, and Mio didn't, but I don't think that is really a good mark of whether or not someone 'deserves' someone else.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 12:10AM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

It is truly amazing how far we've come. A relationship ten years in the making.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

It is truly amazing how far we've come. A relationship ten years in the making.

"And it only took ten years!!" xD

But seriously, I know what you mean. These two were some of the first we saw, and who would've expected this kind of depth from what they started out as? I'm honestly just thankful I don't have to check my anxiety levels before reading the Mio x Shizuka chapters anymore. I can't handle too much angst when I'm already anxious/depressed. I hope they've genuinely worked through it this time.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

First chapter of this pairing (Ik that mostly the plot the series turn around this, but this chapter was more clear about it) that made me think deeply in some things about relationships, i want to understand better these moments when there is you and your couple flirting alone with a posibility of doing it, but for some kind of reason you just want to admire the reactions in your couple that surge because of it, and when it ends, you don't feel sexually frustated, on the contrary, you feel pleased bc you could see another side of your special one...

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 12:58AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

guys i started to think the author forgot HaruKanae do exist, it's almost one year since this ship appear and still no sign

Yes, my fav ship seems to be lost somewhere in the Bermuda triangle. Hopefully Kisi- san remembers them again sometime soon .

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I think either, given so many couples, once they focus / get into writing a few couples and wanting to advance them, others have to get put on the back burner.. OR - perhaps they do polls and stuff, and maybe if nobody seems interested much in chapters about certain pairings, the author just kinda lets them drop as not really worth persuing for their readers?

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I miss Shizuka's old hair

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

same

Yeah, this chapter in particular makes me feel like she's genuinely over whatshername.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I actually feel like we're finally seeing the real Shizuka. Like...I feel like she was putting on an act. The refined, elegant senpai. She always felt a little...TOO perfect. Too untouchable. This somewhat insecure, trepidatious version of her feels more realistic to me personally. I think it was her relationship with Kaoru that forced Shizuka to adopt that unaffected persona as something of a shield.

But that's just me personally. Either way, I feel like she's a lot more real than she WAS.

Yeah, this.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The lucky panties were considerably more cute than I was expecting. Still tiny and lewd, but also white and lacy with a nice ribbon.

Well, I'm a traditionalist. IMO, they can be white, black, or fiery red, but if they're not lacy they're not real lucky underwear.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Waiiiiiiit....did Mio actually started to grope shizuka outside of the panel?!

By the Godess holy buttcrack ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.