Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Phew , they didn't anthropomorphise salami sausage.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I can't be the only one who just tried to smack her/shake her awake (and then had to back press a bunch of times because all it did was make the screen go forward a bunch of times) out of pure annoyance.

Seriously, idk why, but something about these 'interactive' chapters bothers me. It kinda reminds me of a cheap gal game, maybe? Like...I'm reading because I like seeing them interact with each other and watching the relationships grow, not to perv on them.

But I know gal games are big in Japan, and given this manga's beginnings...I guess I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this manga's base.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Oh great now we're all going to end up on the sex offender registry. Gee thanks Torajirou.

Seriously that really did make me feel a little bit like a creeper though.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Like...I'm reading because I like seeing them interact with each other and watching the relationships grow, not to perv on them.

I would like to insist that those two motivations are not mutually exclusive.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I can't be the only one who just tried to smack her/shake her awake (and then had to back press a bunch of times because all it did was make the screen go forward a bunch of times) out of pure annoyance.

Seriously, idk why, but something about these 'interactive' chapters bothers me. It kinda reminds me of a cheap gal game, maybe? Like...I'm reading because I like seeing them interact with each other and watching the relationships grow, not to perv on them.

But I know gal games are big in Japan, and given this manga's beginnings...I guess I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this manga's base.

Yeah, you're reading too much into it.

joined Jun 28, 2018

Anyone know what chapter that last pic of Mari came from?

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Like...I'm reading because I like seeing them interact with each other and watching the relationships grow, not to perv on them.

I would like to insist that those two motivations are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe for others, but for me? No. I don't even like the chapters that focus too heavily on 'perv angles' (for lack of a better term), because I read for the story and the relationships. The art is beautiful, as are the characters, but the pervy parts just BOTHER me, especially in a manga about high school girls (yes, I know they're fictional- it's just how my mind works).

I didn't make any assumptions about anyone else's motivations, I just stated my own. People have different reasons for enjoying the same content. Just because you or someone else might like the series for both those reasons doesn't mean everyone reading feels the same.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Yeah, you're reading too much into it.

I'm just stating my opinion though? And I wouldn't call it 'reading too much into it' to mention how scenes of you, the reader, interactively 'waking' a character from sleep is reminiscent of gal games. I just don't like the characters being cheapened like that. But that's my opinion, and yours is yours. I'm not saying no one is allowed to like them, I'm saying I personally don't.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Oh great now we're all going to end up on the sex offender registry. Gee thanks Torajirou.

Exactly what I've been trying to say. I just don't like the interactive chapters much on the whole, but apparently, given the people who've quoted my comment, that opinion is not valid, and I must therefore either be overreacting or secretly into it (insert eye roll emoji here).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Exactly what I've been trying to say. I just don't like the interactive chapters much on the whole, but apparently, given the people who've quoted my comment, that opinion is not valid, and I must therefore either be overreacting or secretly into it (insert eye roll emoji here).

Well, unlike opinions such as “Plot development X didn’t work for me” or “My favorite character is So-and-So,” moral judgements inherently imply that people who don’t share that opinion are less morally upright that you are. Maybe that’s not the intention, but it comes with the territory.

So when you come into forums making moralistic judgments that others don’t share, they’re likely to tell you so.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I see Mariri also has the venus thingy on her back. Must be an athletic girl perk .

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I don't know what's with this recent Mayuyu x Mariri role reversal, but I like it so keep it going

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

"Do you have a ____ fetish?"
"No, but I might need to rethink that."
^has now entered my arsenal

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Love a toned tummy. Surprised she didn't ask to touch.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I love the Mariri's little proud face when Mayuyu is looking at the muscles on her back xD

Also, I feel like the 'role reversal' due to the fact that Mariri is pretty self-aware (she's shown multiple times that she is aware that she at least finds Mayuyu cute) while Mayuyu seems pretty oblivious. I feel like Mayuyu genuinely doesn't realize what she does to Mariri, which tracks with her somewhat airheaded personality (i.e. instantly assuming Nononon was dead xD). Mariri seems very attuned to feelings in general (like how the other chapter said she's developed a habit of checking before going in to the club room, and HER thought process that Yumimi wouldn't like her being alone with Nononon), and so she's aware of WHY she feels the way she does when Mayuyu touches her, which means she gets flustered when it happens. But that's just my theory, lol.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Well, unlike opinions such as “Plot development X didn’t work for me” or “My favorite character is So-and-So,” moral judgements inherently imply that people who don’t share that opinion are less morally upright that you are. Maybe that’s not the intention, but it comes with the territory.

So when you come into forums making moralistic judgments that others don’t share, they’re likely to tell you so.

I understand how it can be taken that way, even though it's not how I meant it. The thing that bothered me more was the way it was worded- the person who replied to one of my comments said 'I'd like to insist that the two (perving on the characters and reading for the story) are not mutually exclusive'. I was upset because when I wrote the comment, I was expressly referring to my PERSONAL opinion, and as such sounded like they were making an incorrect assumption about me personally, which has always been a sore spot with me because I'm on the Autism spectrum and have dealt with people making incorrect assumptions about me all my life. They could have meant it as 'the two don't have to be mutually exclusive', but the way it was worded, for whatever reason, made me feel like they were implying that I PERSONALLY was secretly into it. The key here was that they didn't seem to mind my referring to perving on the characters (I was referring exclusively to the chapter, not the people reading it, but I see your point and will refrain from doing so in the future) at all, and just seemed to make assumptions about my personal feelings on the matter.

I don't care for that kind of content because I, personally, am uncomfortable reading it. Not from a moral standpoint, but from a personal preference. I understand they're fictional characters, and I have no problem with how/why others read the manga. I just don't care much for ANY kind of sexual content just because it's not my thing. I didn't realize that I wasn't making that clear- all I said and meant was that I PERSONALLY don't care for the 'interactive' chapters.

The only thing I do object to about your response is talking about me making 'moralistic judgements'. I can see how my phrasing would imply a sense of morality and, as I said, I'll try to avoid that kind of language in the future. But to say that I'm 'coming into a forum and making moralistic judgements' is implying explicit intent rather than an unintentional implication of morality. I can't STAND self-righteousness, and that was in NO way my intention- the first part of your message seemed to imply you realized that could be the case, but the last bit seemed to imply that you thought I was expressly projecting personal morals onto others, which I never did. That could just be phrasing, in which case please just ignore this, but just in case it wasn't, I want to be clear that that was NOT my intention.

last edited at May 31, 2023 7:15AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I understand how it can be taken that way, even though it's not how I meant it. The thing that bothered me more was the way it was worded- the person who replied to one of my comments said 'I'd like to insist that the two (perving on the characters and reading for the story) are not mutually exclusive'. I was upset because when I wrote the comment, I was expressly referring to my PERSONAL opinion, and as such sounded like they were making an incorrect assumption about me personally, which has always been a sore spot with me because I'm on the Autism spectrum and have dealt with people making incorrect assumptions about me all my life. They could have meant it as 'the two don't have to be mutually exclusive', but the way it was worded, for whatever reason, made me feel like they were implying that I PERSONALLY was secretly into it. The key here was that they didn't seem to mind my referring to perving on the characters (I was referring exclusively to the chapter, not the people reading it, but I see your point and will refrain from doing so in the future) at all, and just seemed to make assumptions about my personal feelings on the matter.

I think you are misreading that “not mutually exclusive” response—I read that in the more general way myself—but that’s for that particular poster to say.

I don't care for that kind of content because I, personally, am uncomfortable reading it. Not from a moral standpoint, but from a personal preference. I understand they're fictional characters, and I have no problem with how/why others read the manga. I just don't care much for ANY kind of sexual content just because it's not my thing. I didn't realize that I wasn't making that clear- all I said and meant was that I PERSONALLY don't care for the 'interactive' chapters.

The only thing I do object to about your response is talking about me making 'moralistic judgements'. I can see how my phrasing would imply a sense of morality and, as I said, I'll try to avoid that kind of language in the future. But to say that I'm 'coming into a forum and making moralistic judgements' is implying explicit intent rather than an unintentional implication of morality. I can't STAND self-righteousness, and that was in NO way my intention- the first part of your message seemed to imply you realized that could be the case, but the last bit seemed to imply that you thought I was expressly projecting personal morals onto others, which I never did. That could just be phrasing, in which case please just ignore this, but just in case it wasn't, I want to be clear that that was NOT my intention.

Sure, no problem—we’re good. I was just describing how the dynamic seems to work out in these forums.

But your last point goes to my original main point: for many kinds of opinions about plot and character, a person may or may not get responses from people who disagree.

But when the opinion inherently has some dimension of moral judgement, i.e., “This squicks me out/makes me uncomfortable/I don’t think this OK,” etc.,” no matter how thoroughly the person means only to me personally, people who disagree often take it as a normative value judgement and tend to push back.

(The fact that sometimes outraged people actually do come into these forums and say the equivalent of “This is disgusting and you people should be ashamed of yourselves for liking it and I’m tempted to call the police” may make people more sensitive about such matters.)

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I think you are misreading that “not mutually exclusive” response—I read that in the more general way myself—but that’s for that particular poster to say.

Sure, no problem—we’re good. I was just describing how the dynamic seems to work out in these forums.

But your last point goes to my original main point: for many kinds of opinions about plot and character, a person may or may not get responses from people who disagree.

But when the opinion inherently has some dimension of moral judgement, i.e., “This squicks me out/makes me uncomfortable/I don’t think this OK,” etc.,” no matter how thoroughly the person means only to me personally, people who disagree often take it as a normative value judgement and tend to push back.

(The fact that sometimes outraged people actually do come into these forums and say the equivalent of “This is disgusting and you people should be ashamed of yourselves for liking it and I’m tempted to call the police” may make people more sensitive about such matters.)

I understand what you're saying completely- thank you for explaining in more detail. I've definitely been there myself before, and I know how it can trigger defensiveness- I just didn't realize that what I said had that effect. Your point about how the dynamic can play out is a good one- I've seen it plenty of times myself.

As for the poster's response, I agree that it could be taken either way, and I did realize it at the time and debated saying anything about it. That's where my oversensitivity came in- I just got defensive because I can't stand people telling me what I mean by something I said. That's clearly something I still need to work on.

And that last bit is a good point- I hadn't thought about it like that, though I know there are plenty of people who do that (though their wrath is completely unwarranted/misplaced here, at least after the beginning chapters- it's never gotten overly ecchi since then, I've seen mainstream harem manga do worse). Of all people, I should know about how people can have sensitivities to certain phrasing or tone, since I deal with it so much myself. But it's kind of the Autism-doom-loop for me, haha...I'm overly sensitive to tone and phrasing because of that experience, but then end up wording things poorly and inadvertently hurting other people because I don't realize how things come out until it's too late. You'd think I'd be better at it by now, and I DO try (believe it or not, haha), but I always seem to mess up somehow only to realize it later, either just a few minutes down the line or, like this time, when someone points it out to me.

But! I'm constantly trying to get better about it regardless (both being too sensitive and saying insensitive things), and I'm always grateful for people who are honest with me so that I can change in the future. I really appreciate your honesty and kindness (I was so worried it would turn into an argument, and I HATE those, despite/because of the fact that I can never just let it go) in pointing this out, and I'll try to avoid any moralistic phrasing in the future!

last edited at Jun 1, 2023 12:55AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Man, this chapter was cute. And that haiku was pretty sweet(both of them) I really hope the glasses girl and the blond girl are next. It's been so long that I've forgotten their names

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Oh wow, that mini... she really needs to get caught by one of the girls.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nao keeps increasing the risk even further, she's gonna get caught at this point... I love her so much! hahaha

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Oh my....

Now THAT was skimpy,even for Nao standard lol

joined Apr 6, 2013

Will there ever be a person who wants to fuck Nao as much a Nao wants to fuck Nao?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well that's definitely a thrilling way to set your phone lmao

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I wish I could be as comfortable in my own skin as she is (⁠^⁠^⁠)

To reply you must either login or sign up.