Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch45#4
Lol Mitsuki is usually looking cool, but she looks all cute in the middle panel here.
just look at that expression.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't think people expected the angle of her pushing for an over seas move, I know I certainly didn't at least.

Well, most people's initial reaction to her appearance was that she would stir trouble. Maybe not specifically like this, but the development isn't too surprising.

Oh yeah people expected trouble, but I'm talking more specifically that people generally expected her to be a love rival, or something along those lines.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

A mans' cool niece has been kidnapped by his cool friend for an overseas move to Lego city!

Quick,build a plot where she has to decide between a potentially cool future or a cool future with her sweetheart!

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

shout out to joe rocking the 5 panel

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I don't like her. She's rude.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I get the impression that Kanna probably tried to convince Joe to go with her to LA

I hope she's not just trying to make Mitsuki move to America as some sort of ex-lover's revenge, though that might be an intersting arc

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Will use the the spoiler even if it's not spoiler at all, to avoid things hahaha but if someone is just curious, it's about the most recent interview done to the author; just a phrase someone took from there.
So! 1- can be can easily out of context, 2- can be fake, 3- Im not even close to fluent japanese, so if u read the spoiler dont take it seriously please.

“ロマンスじゃない愛情” I saw this and don't know why it sounds so cute hahaha it says something like "it's not romance, is love; maybe in the context asking about the manga like an all or the specify about aya and koga? Either way I like the idea of a manga not about "romance" but "love", I know it's taken mostly like a two things that go together, but I like that idea of "love" more than romance, it's sound more sweet? raw maybe? I don't know but just wanted to write about that hahaha

joined Apr 10, 2023

Using Google translate to get the romanji says "Romansu janai aijō". While I don't know what connotation the English loan word "romance" has in a Japanese context I know that word it's contrasted with there, "ai," is a pretty serious and unambiguous romantic love. Not a word you'd use for friends with subtext lol.

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

“ロマンスじゃない愛情”

I'm also not fluent in Japanese by any stretch, but this basically says "love that is not romance." So, platonic love I guess. Also, there's a different Japanese word for romantic love specifically (恋, "koi"), which isn't what's used here. I haven't read the interview in question though so I have no idea what the context was. Just clearing up the Japanese lmao

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

“ロマンスじゃない愛情”

I'm also not fluent in Japanese by any stretch, but this basically says "love that is not romance." So, platonic love I guess. Also, there's a different Japanese word for romantic love specifically (恋, "koi"), which isn't what's used here. I haven't read the interview in question though so I have no idea what the context was. Just clearing up the Japanese lmao

It means something more like "Affection without romance" or "unromantic affection"

In Japanese, "romance" is often used in the sense of having emotionally charged and unrealistically optimistic ideals about something

Therefore this phrase could mean that the affection is grounded and realistic, though I haven't read the interview and can't say for sure

joined Nov 13, 2022

I like the replies because Im learning some things, plus it incentivated me to search more of the words for "love" in japanese~

But yes, I want to clearify that again just in case someone sees this. The phrase we are talking can be fake (Im not fluent in japanese nor have seen the interview); it's one I saw in a comment under the japanese comment section with these " "; and the comment was only saying that they liked the phrase and me too, mostly because (if it's true) I like this mentality of the author.

So yeah, even if it's true, is totally out of context, can even be talking about the author herself or anything that has no context with the manga.

joined Nov 13, 2022

Okey, I just bought the magazine with the interview, I can't read it full because again, my japanese is -10 (? hahaha but I did it to confirm how long that interview was. It's 5 pages xD, so let's say that phrase is nothing compared to the sea of words the interview has hahaha
Ah! an interesting thing, after the interview they put from chapter 1 to 4 but~~ in greyscale~ it really change without the green, ju!

Edit: Found it~ yeap is true, the phrase is there in the interview, context? no idea hahaha Im too bad to know what it says hahaha

last edited at May 23, 2023 11:12AM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

A mans' cool niece has been kidnapped by his cool friend for an overseas move to Lego city!

When I read this I felt like someone turned on auto play on "Everything is Awesome" in my head

joined May 17, 2023

"Turns out my 'likes' and the 'likes' of those around me were quite different."

Subtle.

joined Feb 22, 2018

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Omg you poor baby butch!!! Nooo!! I’m so glad she’s finding her people!

My affection for these characters is unmatched, I realized I would fight those kids in a heartbeat. This manga is the best.

joined Aug 10, 2016

well now I wanna see where her old friend from elementary school is

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

When I read this I felt like someone turned on auto play on "Everything is Awesome" in my head

everything is cool when you're part of a team
Wasn't that song by Tegan and Sara? I remember being extremely amused by that. Same with AKB48 suddenly coming out of the theater speakers when I saw Wreck-It Ralph

joined Jul 6, 2020

Hope she can reunite with her friend at some point.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

On page 5, the two girls behind skirt girl look like Aya's friends, but that doesn't really look like Aya. It could just be the art style.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

well now I wanna see where her old friend from elementary school is

Ditto. Maybe have her seek our heroine out....

joined Mar 23, 2022

I'll bet her old friend will show later in the story and will
be part to our two love bird's relationship development. I'm calling it.

joined Mar 23, 2022

I love how the author is showing us this pov of mitsuki, another side of one of the main character that we do not know.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

The artist draws Mituki so fucking cool, the panel where she realizes Aya was listening to Nirvana is just perfect

joined Nov 22, 2019

Hmmm...as much as I love this series, I feel like it just keeps repeating the same dynamic without actually taking the story any further. I mean, sure a lot of stuff has happened in the last 18 chapters since Oosawa learned Mitsuki was a girl, but has any of it really mattered? I mean, if you read the latest chapter, would you really even be able to tell anything had happened since like, chapter 27? I just feel like the author is diverging in too many side stories to try and avoid developing the main two's relationships, which is a little annoying and also makes me nervous because where we are now, it's not that hard to imagine the author announcing that the story was never meant to be romantic, and was just supposed to portray a friendship. Just how I've felt lately reading the newest updates, idk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.