Forum › Moving In with a Crossdressing Girl After a Breakup discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That's not yuri. And Ayame doesn't seem to have any interest in Ema nor does Ema show any interest in men, so bisexuality is also kinda wrong here. I'd say it is subtext but not sure. It's not very taggable I guess. Well, not everything has to be compartmentalised into neat little boxes.

As per Japanese standards,this is Yuri,because this is girly love,even if its' one sided.

Japan uses it as an umbrella term,regradless if its' two middle schoolers complimenting each other or two grannies getting it on like Donkey Kong with guns,drugs,and explosions.

It's the West that came up with the "shoujo ai"/"subtext" aspect,which only serves to cause comments like the quoted one here.

As for bisexual,with the above estabslished,its' as easy as simply stating she was dating an undeserving male and is now on track to getting the female stud muffin she always deserved.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

shes big hot with the short hair, i may simply faint

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

huh i’m confused AF, who is the crossdresser…

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Ema looks good with both hairstyles. I hope there are more chapters because this is too short.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That's not yuri. And Ayame doesn't seem to have any interest in Ema nor does Ema show any interest in men, so bisexuality is also kinda wrong here. I'd say it is subtext but not sure. It's not very taggable I guess. Well, not everything has to be compartmentalised into neat little boxes.

As per Japanese standards,this is Yuri,because this is girly love,even if its' one sided.

Japan uses it as an umbrella term,regradless if its' two middle schoolers complimenting each other or two grannies getting it on like Donkey Kong with guns,drugs,and explosions.

It's the West that came up with the "shoujo ai"/"subtext" aspect,which only serves to cause comments like the quoted one here.

As for bisexual,with the above estabslished,its' as easy as simply stating she was dating an undeserving male and is now on track to getting the female stud muffin she always deserved.

Imagine a world where a woman being in love with a woman isn't yuri. Truly a dark place.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

First of all, the "everything is yuri" movement is not how the term is actually conventionally used in Japan, nor what it was meant to be at inception. Yuri is love between TWO girls. Rarely if ever is a one-sided crush tagged as a yuri work. And you are on dynasty, not a Japanese forum. We have a Yuri Crush tag for a reason and I find it woefully underutilized. Ema's one-sided crush is established in the work and nothing else. If you want to be overly generous you could grant the uploader the full Yuri tag on that basis, but it is still an awkward implementation for a one-shot.

However, there is no justification for the Bisexual tag whatsoever. If you require projection or headcanons to justify a tag, then it has no business being there.
In fact I would even put the crossdressing into question if the title didn't establish it as intentional, because that is not what crossdressing is. A haircut and shirt (she already wore pants like that before her makeover) do not a crossdresser make.

last edited at May 19, 2023 3:14AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I went and fixed the tags. I removed "yuri", "bisexual" and "crossdressing" and put "Yuri crush".

I removed crossdressing because while it's in the English title, in the Japanese title it's just " a girl dressed as a man". She doesn't try to pass as a man, she just tries to fit the tastes of the girl.

There's no Yuri, the blond looks very heterosexual and wants to make kids to fit in society and there's no bisexuals either.

Doesn't mean it couldn't turn yuri in the future, but such is the nature of oneshots that we have to look at what we have and leave the rest as headcanon.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I went and fixed the tags. I removed "yuri", "bisexual" and "crossdressing" and put "Yuri crush".

I removed crossdressing because while it's in the English title, in the Japanese title it's just " a girl dressed as a man". She doesn't try to pass as a man, she just tries to fit the tastes of the girl.

There's no Yuri, the blond looks very heterosexual and wants to make kids to fit in society and there's no bisexuals either.

Doesn't mean it couldn't turn yuri in the future, but such is the nature of oneshots that we have to look at what we have and leave the rest as headcanon.

It was my understanding that only staff members, and designated Uploaders that are also staff members (only such ones being Norainhere and Gendolkari), can fiddle with tags in this manner, and that your Uploader sticker is primarily meant for you to manage your own scanlations (which this is not, as I fail to see you anywhere on the credit page). You also got at least one tag completely wrong.

From the description of the Yuri crush tag: "This tag is meant particularly for non-yuri series, and should not be used in any story with a yuri tag, nor as another name for one-sided love."

It has been stated multiple times that one-sided yuri is still yuri and should be tagged as such.

last edited at May 19, 2023 8:22AM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

From the description of the Yuri crush tag: "This tag is meant particularly for non-yuri series, and should not be used in any story with a yuri tag, nor as another name for one-sided love."

It has been stated multiple times that one-sided yuri is still yuri and should be tagged as such.

The description by itself is contradictory. What application does it have in your mind? Is it a character having a crush on another girl in a het series? Then is that only applicable when the crush is... requited eventually? Or is it, by chance, for unrequited crushes too? If you claim that every and all crushes in stories without lesbian romance automatically turn the work into a yuri work, then there is literally no place to actually use the Yuri Crush tag.
And if not everything that has no actual sapphic romance in it can just be labeled Yuri due to a crush then the inherent distinction of "non-yuri" series allows for more interpretations.

I have no business with who can and cannot change tags, but there has to be consistency to how you label stories or otherwise tagging becomes chaotic quickly. Like it generally is.

This story has no yuri romance in it and if that does not matter to tagging something yuri then the tag may be used far too loosely. Can subtext only exist if neither party confirms their feelings to the audience then? The tag itself describes only unspecified relationships between two involved characters, not whether their feelings are known to the reader. I think you will find that all of this will only make tagging less useful.

last edited at May 19, 2023 8:59AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

The description by itself is contradictory. What application does it have in your mind? Is it a character having a crush on another girl in a het series? Then is that only applicable when the crush is... requited eventually? Or is it, by chance, for unrequited crushes too? If you claim that every and all crushes in stories without lesbian romance automatically turn the work into a yuri work, then there is literally no place to actually use the Yuri Crush tag.

Personally, I never quite understood the purpose of this tag. It is also exceedingly rarely used, if you take a look at the list of one-shots that have it, it is a very short list. But what I can tell you for certain is that the tag was never meant as a stand-in for one-sided feelings, that much was clearly established.

This story has no yuri romance in it and if that does not matter to tagging something yuri then the tag may be used far too loosely.

The yuri tag has historically been used on this site to encompass one-sided feelings and was stated multiple times whenever these discussions erupted that if a woman has romantic feelings for another woman, it is all that matters when it comes to tagging. Whether the feelings are returned or not, whether the love interest even knows of these feelings or not has never been deemed relevant. I honestly do not see it as being complicated.

Ema is in love with Ayame, that much is conveyed pretty clearly, and that is all that matters when it comes to whether it should be tagged as yuri or not.

Edit: Maybe having an actual One-sided feelings tag would be a good idea (which could then be used alongside the yuri tag, not instead; because I actually agree with the position that unrequited yuri feelings should still be tagged as yuri). So far the best way to filter such works is to look for stories that have both the Yuri tag and the Aaaaaangst one, but it is obviously far from a perfect solution. A dedicated tag would be a good idea, I am just pointing out that Yuri crush was never meant as such.

last edited at May 19, 2023 9:35AM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Personally, I never quite understood the purpose of this tag. It is also exceedingly rarely used, if you take a look at the list of one-shots that have it, it is a very short list. But what I can tell you for certain is that the tag was never meant as a stand-in for one-sided feelings, that much was clearly established.

If the definition is so flawed that one cannot actually explain a scenario in which the tag is to be used, then yes, the tag itself is redundant. So instead of making it a useless non-tag, it would be far more useful to give it a purpose. A purpose that the term "yuri crush" itself implies, but somehow is denied by its nonsensical definition.
One-sided feelings (whether they be one-sided due to a lack of acknowledgement by the love interest or due to rejection) would easily fall within what almost anyone would understand by the term yuri crush.

This story has no yuri romance in it and if that does not matter to tagging something yuri then the tag may be used far too loosely.

The yuri tag has historically been used on this site to encompass one-sided feelings and was stated multiple times whenever these discussions erupted that if a woman has romantic feelings for another woman, it is all that matters when it comes to tagging. Whether the feelings are returned or not, whether the love interest even knows of these feelings or not has never been deemed relevant. I honestly do not see it as being complicated.

It is not complicated if you establish such a rule within the definition of the tag. Alas, the Yuri tag does not have that kind of loose definition, so the matter is bound to get messy. The yuri tag merely claims that the tag is for relationships between two women. Not one-sided feelings in non-relationships.

Ema is in love with Ayame, that much is conveyed pretty clearly, and that is all that matters when it comes to whether it should be tagged as yuri or not.

You see, if you wish to go this far, then you have to acknowledge too that the story does not directly tell you that Ema has a crush on Ayame, factually. It is to be infered and perhaps the most logical conclusion, but even then it is not explicit. I am aware that this is splitting hairs, but the idea that we decide definitions based on what we feel like causes the issues that we are facing right now.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

well I like the art, I hope to see more from this author

joined Sep 6, 2015

If the definition is so flawed that one cannot actually explain a scenario in which the tag is to be used, then yes, the tag itself is redundant. So instead of making it a useless non-tag, it would be far more useful to give it a purpose. A purpose that the term "yuri crush" itself implies, but somehow is denied by its nonsensical definition.
One-sided feelings (whether they be one-sided due to a lack of acknowledgement by the love interest or due to rejection) would easily fall within what almost anyone would understand by the term yuri crush.

I would actually be against repurposing the tag. Yuri crush also seems to convey less serious emotional investment, which looks out of place and low-key demeaning if the story depicts deep romantic feelings. Looking at the full tag description, I am left thinking the whole thing was first introduced as a joke (and we do have a number of genuine joke tags on this site).

I think a better solution is a new dedicated tag (as I outlined in the edit to my previous post).

It is not complicated if you establish such a rule within the definition of the tag. Alas, the Yuri tag does not have that kind of loose definition, so the matter is bound to get messy. The yuri tag merely claims that the tag is for relationships between two women. Not one-sided feelings in non-relationships.

I agree, which is why I put emphasis on the historical usage in my reply. The definition of the Yuri tag does indeed emphasise relationships, and it is also something that should be addressed and aligned with the actual usage (bonus points for none of these issues being new, complaints about unrequited feelings being tagged as yuri are one of those old eternal points of contention).

You see, if you wish to go this far, then you have to acknowledge too that the story does not directly tell you that Ema has a crush on Ayame, factually. It is to be infered and perhaps the most logical conclusion, but even then it is not explicit. I am aware that this is splitting hairs, but the idea that we decide definitions based on what we feel like causes the issues that we are facing right now.

I disagree, because if an explicit, verbal confirmation is needed then we can safely remove the yuri tag from thousands of works on this site. There are some genuine borderline cases where the implication is so subtle as to genuinely be a point of contention, but most of the time the messaging is pretty clear and it is so in this case as well. I do not think it is an issue for this story.

last edited at May 19, 2023 10:02AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

History and traditions aren't justification for bad tagging.

joined Sep 6, 2015

History and traditions aren't justification for bad tagging.

And you have no authority to make tag changes based on your own opinions, unless it is for your own scanlations, which this is not, or if the scanlator in question asked you to do it for them, which I highly doubt is the case here. You do realise you are just a regular user, right?

Edit: In any case, I notified an Admin, because this is getting ridiculous. By which I mean you specifically, other tag-related discussion was fine.

last edited at May 19, 2023 10:44AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Uploaders also have rights of moderation (for the tags).

If you wish, you can make a tag suggestion. If another tag moderator thinks it applies, I won't fight them.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh boy—a tag war!

Those are always so . . .um, . . .errr . . never mind . . .

last edited at May 19, 2023 12:37PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

For what it's worth, there's an untranslated bonus page indicating that Ayame thinks Ema's hot either way

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:57PM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I would not consider it a war, at the very least not my involvement in it. I was merely trying to voice my doubts towards the tagging of the story based on its actual contents, all the while discovering the inadequacy of the site's actual definitions for major tags. In that light I repeat that it was merely an opinion in regards to Yuri and Yuri Crush , but it is just a fact that the Bisexual tag had no place on this story by its contents alone. Whether the uploader has some special extra information from an outside source, I cannot say.

Regardless I will most likely take this to the appropiate place now.

For what it's worth, there's an untranslated bonus page indicating that Ayame thinks Ema's hot either way

This certainly lends a bit more credence to the Bisexual tag, albeit a small step. Very cute though and I appreciate that Ayame sees that both versions of Ema are attractive.

last edited at May 20, 2023 4:46AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Just accept what was actually on the page.

Why is it backwards thinking if that guy didn't want to be obsessively pampered and left her? Not to mention she clearly did that to other people too, and they left as well.

I said exactly what was on the page tho. You're the one bringing up stuff that was never mentioned like saying she obsessively pampered the bf when all that was said was she did all the housework.
Boyfriend couldn't even be bothered to make sure he, a grown ass adult, paid his own bills. But somehow its her fault for paying his rent and cleaning lmao.

Yeah, but he broke up with her BECAUSE she pampered him. He didn't want her to do that, but she did anyway. I can't tell whether or not she paid the whole rent on her own good will or not, but if he asked for it, then he's a pos

joined Feb 1, 2021

The bonus page is very cute.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I liked the longer hair, just personally speaking, and am not a fan of the like, "changing self just to fit crush's tastes" trope, but I have to admit Ema pulls off the futch look well too. On its own, pretty alright, but I'd like to see more of them

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Kirin-kun posted:

Uploaders also have rights of moderation (for the tags).

When there is ambiguity, you should leave tag changes of other's work to staff. This prevents group's warring over each other's tags. It also prevents confusion over incorrect tag usage.

Licentious Lantern posted:

I would not consider it a war, at the very least not my involvement in it. I was merely trying to voice my doubts towards the tagging of the story based on its actual contents, all the while discovering the inadequacy of the site's actual definitions for major tags.

Went ahead and adjusted the descriptions for Yuri and Yuri crush. Yuri crush has always been used to fill a particular role - highlighting stories in which one-sided love is a notable side plot or character trait. The narrative of this story is completely centered around the relationship of these two women. Thus, the spirit of Yuri crush doesn't apply. I also don't believe there is any appetite for adding an extra tag for one-sided love. If nothing else, this would be an extreme spoiler for older oneshots and series that hinged on the uncertainty of outcomes. If you want to discuss further, we can do so in the FAQ.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 3:36PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

good stuff , i just hated everything when i went to see the author works and only find this oneshot i want more.
I hope it end up like mochi au late with oneshots i can come back to from time to time , love the artstyle.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

This adorable ~

To reply you must either login or sign up.