Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

huh lol

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

damn, the comments are wild! had to go back re-reading the beginning to the lousy translated chapters on the other site. I've forgotten how good the story is.

it's pretty clear that both Nanase and Yuni are incompatible with each other. since Fuuko set ablaze to their terrible relationship, I can't wait to see the next chapter.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Going back to the older stuff reminding again how easily led by the nose Yuni really is ahaha. It's so much easier to enjoy this wild ride when you just take it as a comedy.

But cheating on Nanase is like murdering a drug dealer. The act itself is wrong, but you're allowed not to feel bad for the "victim."

damn, the comments are wild!

Gotta agree with the second quote lol

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 4:24AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

"The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers." - Jack Sparrow.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I feel so much secondhand embarrassment from this manga it's unreal. Probably worse than Watamote.

Nanase doesn't deserve to be cheated on but I really wish teenagers would learn they really should just fucking break up if they can't make it work. I am genuinely so salty about this. Especially when people retain the habit into their 20s. Quoth dasharez0ne: if shit sucks, hit the bricks!

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 5:58AM

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

i cant believe my favourite character here is fuuko lmao. she's the the most straightforward, direct and sincere one

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Fuuko is teaching Yuni how real relationship between girlfriends looks like, and Yuni is as dumb as a fish raised to not know how to swim in the water.
Obviously, she never was in the water before, having such a loving and caring GF like Nanase.
How she dares not to be always accessible when Nanase finally finds some of her precious time to call her?
Bad, bad Yuni!
She should find her place among the volleyball trophies on the shelf in Nanase's room, not to cheat on poor saint Nanase!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awwww, I have read this all again, lol, Yuni is bad at honoring the sugar-dating, like: "Girl, can't you be nicer to that girl who is paying for your trip?" I also think she actually likes Fuuko, she is just in denial. I can't wait for it all to go to hell!!!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Fuuko is teaching Yuni how real relationship between girlfriends looks like, and Yuni is as dumb as a fish raised to not know how to swim in the water[...]

what the hell is this rant
It's really normal for a teenager in a relatively conservative country to not want to be open about their relationship, especially if it could severely jeopardize their future prospects.
Nanase's behavior would be extremely stupid as an adult but don't act like Fuuko isn't literally sexually assaulting Yuni at every opportunity. "Real relationship between girlfriends" what the heck?
If anything the correct answer is "these dumb kids should not be dating." The end.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

This section of comments is very interesting. When I joined to express my thoughts about this manga, there was (and is) some group of people who are trying to intimidate almost everyone who is cheering for Fuuko.
Some even try to "iron out" other people's opinions, or shut them out, gaslight them, etc.

Sorry not sorry, I like Fuuko and Yuni and I don't like Nanase (and Yuki).
If someone does not like my opinion(s) about manga and characters here, their problem.
I'm free to enjoy this masterpiece as everyone else, and I am not "scared" to write my thoughts openly.
Quote me, scream, pull your hair out, I really don't care what you think about my preferences about this artwork, as I don't care about yours.

Anyway, I am not sorry throwing myself into the flames (a few months ago, joining discussion) to fight for free opinions about Fuuko.
Now I can see more supporters of Fuuko who are freely expressing themselves, and I'm glad about it.
My mission is already accomplished, it does not matter if I continue to give my opinions about manga or characters here, or not.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 5:06PM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

About someone finding my opinion as "problematic":

Fuuko is teaching Yuni how real relationship between girlfriends looks like, and Yuni is as dumb as a fish raised to not know how to swim in the water.

Current translation, page 12, pic on the left.
Fuuko says: "And here, I just wanted everyone to experience that lovey-dovey feeling"

(and any other panel in chapter 9, about their RP date shows it)

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 5:37PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Fuuko is teaching Yuni how real relationship between girlfriends looks like, and Yuni is as dumb as a fish raised to not know how to swim in the water[...]

It's really normal for a teenager in a relatively conservative country to not want to be open about their relationship, especially if it could severely jeopardize their future prospects.
Nanase's behavior would be extremely stupid as an adult but don't act like Fuuko isn't literally sexually assaulting Yuni at every opportunity. "Real relationship between girlfriends" what the heck?
If anything the correct answer is "these dumb kids should not be dating." The end.

Fuuko ain't sexually assaulting no one, Yuni likes that stuff, come on, they all could behave differently, sure, but meow.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Am I missing something or were chapters 10-14 skipped?

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Am I missing something or were chapters 10-14 skipped?

yes. they were skipped because they weren't translated yet. rn the editor is translating the missing chapters. you can read the other chapters on mangadex but they're a headache to read.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Fuuko ain't sexually assaulting no one, Yuni likes that stuff, come on, they all could behave differently, sure, but meow.

It's true, no sexual assault here. I completely agree with Cat of the Night.
Yuni is quite submissive and Fuuko knows exactly how to push her and don't cross her boundaries (after first kiss and slap she learned it).
We discussed sexual assault on page 29 and I jumped into fire to defend Fuuko against false accusations (not quoted here), and last quote is the proof:

And Fuuko adds sexual assault to her general stalking and manipulation! Luckily I'm here for the mess. Glad to see this series back, looking forward to continuing to feel gross in a perversely enjoyable way.

me:
I don't agree about sexual assault.
Look every panel and pictures she's taken, and how Yuni-chan looks
Every time Fuuko is teasing her how she is secretly enjoying those ntr actions. Fuuko is excellently reading Yuni, her needs, her desires, her true emotions. And she would never hurt her (hurting as cause of serious damages), look better at psychology of both characters
You would not believe how compatible are Fuuko and Yuni in every aspect.

So, soul-mates, really. Lol

I don’t necessarily come to manga looking for good people, so this mess is fine with me.

me:
Well, I suppose we all already know moral norms, I'm not here for preaching what is morally acceptable, this is only my personal opinion observing details in manga

For real sexual assault Yuni should be completely repulsed by any other physical contact with assaulter. I think we will see in future chapters whether there was sexual assault or not. And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

last edited at May 2, 2023 3:34AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Just read up to chapter 9 starting from the beginning again, and I really love the trainwreck in process.

This is such a fun story about two people who really have yet to figure out what healthy communication looks like and one girl who has capital I Issues and isnt dealing with them in a healthy manner either but hey sometimes growing up is all about making mistakes and doing things you'll regret later down the line.

last edited at May 12, 2023 11:37AM

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

It is so interesting to see all of the different perspectives.

I think that for me Yuni is the most interesting character. That lady is not well. She clearly has needs that goes far beyond normal attention, and I don’t think those needs would ever be filled in a normal relationship. She need to see a psychologist to address her issues, she is constantly one step away from the edge. So, I think her issues ultimately have nothing to do with Nanase and their relationship.

Furthermore, Yuni is the one who brought Fuuko to the meeting with Nanase, she invited her, at some level I think she wanted to be caught, and she wanted to hurt Nanase. Fuuko being the cartoon villain she is, obliged, with a massive smirk on her lips. I think Fuuko gets off on the pain she is causing, Actually, I have no doubt about it, she enjoys harming Nanase.

last edited at May 14, 2023 1:10PM

I feel like Volume 4 is going to be the final volume of this series does anyone else think so as well?

joined Sep 5, 2022

Time to grab some popcorn

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

God damn it Nanase is so fucking stupid, Fuuko is an absolute bitch but she's just spitting straight facts, the idiot can't even think about Yuni being a higher priority than the club when asked "Which is more important" directly by Yuni

Why even keep a girlfriend at that point lmao she clearly never cared about her feelings

(Not saying it's her fault more than it is Yuni's for being a weak ass idiot for not bringing it up in a serious conversation earlier and Fuuko's for being a cunning predatory bitch)

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

I did not expect that at all. That was just weird. Why is Nanase just sitting there!? She needs to kick some ass and leave

36606521_1893230694069279_477584282957643776_n
joined Aug 30, 2021

everyone here arguing about whos cheering on who
idc what anyone says but everyone here is a horrible fucking person and should not be dating
chapter 17 was so uncomfortable it felt like chewing glass, if she was neglectful, they should of broken up with instead of starting to grope each other in front of Nanase, thats just plain fucked up lmao
cant expect good morals on manga reader site ig

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

idc what anyone says but everyone here is a horrible fucking person and should not be dating

Truly. I'm pretty sure the point of the manga was to create a NTR story where everyone is equally wrong with no obvious bad guy to hate, so you hate all of them

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Well that was weird.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I feel like Volume 4 is going to be the final volume of this series does anyone else think so as well?

Just 3-4 more chapters? Dunno, unless Nanase and Yuni just agree to be Fuuko's meat-slaves for rest of their lives.

See, Nanase hasn't even fucked her blonde runner friend yet, that friend is always slobbering to be able to get in her running pants. That has been hinted at several times.

last edited at May 18, 2023 9:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.